🏴‍☠ New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

thanks…I am excited for this full family

1 Like

Might be a dumb question, but does the Pirates event only happen once a year?

The Challenge Events rotate, so each one normally happens every 5 months.

Because of the revamps in 2019, the schedule was off, and some Challenge Events repeated more often, while others (Pirates in particular) were skipped. But we should be back to normal now.

The new rotation appears to be:

2 Likes

See how all pirates family performs on raid defense here

9 Likes

Thanks for all those clips. Really interesting to see those families in action.

42 posts were merged into an existing topic: :pirate_flag: [Mar 2020] Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

Marie is cute! That counts!

2 Likes

Bad luck finally ended. Would feel better if I didn’t have a Telluria maxed already but can’t complain about a second one. My first Peters (the last 4* in the game I didn’t have and wanted before S3… now I only lack Mireweave and Boomer). And first MT, with almost full set of Tabards to max her soon.

Satisfied for now, given it’s only 12 pulls. I’ll take few more with the extra coins during the event. I think MT is what I wanted really, she looks fun. Finley is superior but my ascension queue of blues is quite busy already (Misandra, Vela, Miki…). Maybe Locke is fun also, but DOT disappointed me too often. Rest is meh I guess.

4 Likes

Bad luck not ended :frowning:! 200 summons not a single event 5*. Quintus, Sartana, Magni and Elena tho + a couple of HoTM. All dupes, triplets or octuples by now. Sad not mad :frowning_face:!!

Better luck to the rest of you!

2 Likes

Just got Finley in a 10 pull. My current defense is Alasie/Mitsuko/Kunchen/Drake Fong/Kingston. Is Finley a straight upgrade to my defense? I have Vela at 3/70 and was actually planning to give her scopes today. Should Finley get them instead? Then give him all of Alasie’s emblems and replace her on defense?

1 Like

Finley is OP IMO so he should replace Alasie

1 Like

Here’s what I used for rare after about stage 9. With Kvasir and 2 healers it was easy.

3 Likes

2 coin pulls from PoV: 2 3*

10 pull with gems: boomer and elkanen

Bought the offer and did another ten pull cause why not…

Pretty lucky after getting ursena and telluria from a single 10 pull during AR and also getting Guin and JF in a Single 10 pull last month :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Play the lottery.

30 pulls finally netted my account a 5* pirate. Sargasso. I think he’ll do fine vs Field Aid and annoying healer tanks.

1 Like

Was hoping for Finley (like everyone else) ended up with Marie, Kestrel x2, 2nd Locke and my 8th Telluria. I fed off 3 Tellurias to max Guin after the pulls, so back to a more reasonable 5 Tellurias.

Will have to read up on Kestrel as I think I heard people say he was not very good… but that might just be compared to the best heroes available. Either way, I need to work on red soon, so it’ll prolly be between Kestrel, Jean Francois or Azlar (3/70)… I could also do PiB, 2nd BK, 2nd Grazul, 2nd Azlar, 2nd JF or Khagen. Lots of choices here.

1 Like

Nice haul, how many pulls did that take you? I think Kestrell is good, maybe the best of your options (I like JF a lot but he is a bit situational)

2 Likes

I didn’t count, but threw a couple hundred at it, so it was more than a few, but less than too much, lolz. Thanks, yeah I’m happy with it. Hopefully Finley will show up next time.

1 Like

I finished epic and rare one . On both im around 15 and 12k so i will be probably claiming Epic troop token . I dont know how much my position could vary from here to the end of the event .

The team i used for epic was

Wu Kong Colen Boldtusk Hu tao Li xiu…

First time doing a challange event without proteus and rigs hacks hehe. Last level was the hardest one.

1 Like

Beat rare with this super no-frills team:

Sometimes I’d swap out Berden for Valen if the boss is weak against blue (the Captain Kestrel stages mainly). First 10 stages were quite manageable with only the occasional healing potion required since I lack healers. Last 5 stages I charged up everybody before heading into the boss stage, then focus fired on the most dangerous boss, which brought them down to about 1/3 HP, and then finished the job with axes+arrows. Did not need to use gems to continue at all.

If this scrappy team can beat rare, you guys with the +20 heroes and lv 15 troops have no excuse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What a change from Avalon! Having Hawkmoon, Boril & Boldtusk fully levelled has made a huge difference.

Having barely made it through the final Epic stages last month I’ve just breezed through Rare & Epic on the first try and barely using any items. Boril was great when I had him in the Epic stages. Mostly he just sat in the tank position and let the bosses kill themselves! :joy:

I switched my heroes in and out depending on what they were facing but here are the teams I used to beat Stage 15.

Now time to get cracking with Legendary. Got plenty of potions and Dragons now so I think I have a good chance this month.

4 Likes