New onatel fix?

I read the release notes for v22 and:

Fixed a bug where Hel and Proteus were not blocking Onatel from gaining mana

Wop wop :smile:

The effect isn’t dispelled. Onatel still reduces the amount of mana gained by enemies but she can’t gain mana herself because Hel/Proteus prevents enemy from gaining mana.

1 Like

For what it’s worth:

Looks pretty solid that you’re getting your I-told-you-so moment.

But you’re still full of it, just on general principle :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

If gains by opponent are reduced then is it truly dispelled?

2 Likes

This is marketing speak. Blame legal and marketing. The forum has to use their guidelines.

Labeling this kind of balance change a “bug” is very useful for reducing complaints to customer service ( costs money to process) and retention of Onatel players ( retains revenue) who are not connected to the forums.

Since it involves marketing and legal, I wonder if it is related to puffery ( linky, linky). Which would actually mean players are supposed to realize it is a balance patch since it took the Devs so long to address it, but by calling it a “bug” all parties involved realize it will be a nerf to balance those who do not have Onatel.

We are mostly seeing it now because of the recent reintroduce of Hel.

6 Likes

I took it as the inability to admit they screwed up…

5 Likes

Personally Dev Tim seems okay with saying “oops, Proteus/ Onatel was fine but Hel/ Onatel is broken”. Coincidentally I just recommended a new teammate use Hel/ Onatel on flanks.

But every single lawyer in my family always says “Never admit to anything unless your lawyer is present”.

Since original Devs are no longer the owners they cannot buck legal/ marketing, but smart Devs listen to legal/ marketing since you are paying for their expertise so follow it or find new experts.

4 Likes

QFT. You hire an expert because they’re an expert. If you know better yourself, don’t hire an(other) expert. If you do hire an expert, listen to them.

3 Likes

Anybody read the SGG’s Terms of Service?

We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any Virtual Items without any liability to you

And remember they’re based in Europe, not in US. It’s much more difficult here to sue a company and win. Also we have a rule that loser pays court fees which prevents people from questionable litigations.

Just tested it because I really hated how Onatel could gain mana (by stealing it) even when she was under Proteus special.

Onatel now gets zero mana when under Proteus special even if she could steal something thanks to her special.

AND heroes under Onatel’s special has their mana gain reduced as in previous versions (by the 25, 50, 75, 100 %), but the “stolen” mana goes nowhere.

I suppose the some will be with Hel, but I don’t have her, so I can’t verify that.

3 Likes

I thought proteus/onatel and hel/onatel were both broken. That was my understanding when i made the original thread after seeing video proof of both. What am i missing outside of a legal defense aid for a bunch of millionaires to keep jerkin around their customers?

2 Likes

Well fanbois will defend anything lol. Glad you got your moment tho.

1 Like

Lol as far as forum, i love these moments

2 Likes
2 Likes

Actually it is not dispelled as still active but “blocked”…

1 Like

Does anyone want to do me a favor and explain

• Fixed a bug where Hel and Proteus were not blocking Onatel from gaining mana.

To me? I didn’t follow all those Onatel interaction with Hel / Proteus threads and don’t have time to sift through them right now. All I really want to know (as an Onatel owner) is if Hel and Proteus block Onatel’s mana siphon or not. I don’t care how it was then or how it was intended to be. I just want to know how it IS.

Meaning no offense to Rigs, I’m substantially less interested in if Rigs was right or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They block it partially. Enemy gain less mana (according to Onatel’s special) but Onatel herself gains no mana at all.
In other words, she doesn’t steal mana but reduces the amount of mana her enemies receive (as long as her effect is active).

3 Likes

I don’t really like this FIX*** Onatel was a nice addition of loophole heroes. like Alberich generate mana bypasses the GAIN. Devs and staff should really stick to their words.

3 Likes

Twenty thank you very much’s.

1 Like

I really don’t like this fix. Onatel was okay with stealing mana under Hel/Proteus influence. Now Onatel is a lot weaker. Not very strong on defense before v22, now unusable on defense…

1 Like

As an Onatel user, I’m bummed about what is essentially a nerf, but “unusable” on defense? I think that’s a stretch. Her defensive stats are still very good, and this nerf only applies to a limited set of circumstances.

5 Likes