💎 New Offer – Share the Gems! What do you think of this? / UPDATED for return in July 2020

This offer was made only to suck money as much as possible from players (“my friend purchased it so I should do it too” system)!

It’s limited to only one purchase per player though. Where I live, it’s only 3 dollars; that’s not even half a burrito at Chipotle. Buy; don’t buy; not sure why there’s an issue with this particular offer.

2 Likes

Yeah it should look like only 3 dollars :slight_smile: But the goal of this to get it from as much players as possible due to the system I already have written (to create psychological intimidation).

1 Like

My goodness! It’s 3 dollars. I can’t imagine the anxiety you must feel if you went to dinner and someone else paid! The intense psychological intimidation of it! Only very tiit for tat people would feel this.

3 Likes

I think this is a great offer, but I cannot figure out how to report a bug !!! My entire team has bought the offer, but I have not received any gems on my account.

This is not the first time this has happened. I bought an offer awhile ago, but the gems never hit my account. I’m unsure what to do, but am getting tired of being cheated.

I didn’t panic, restarted my phone, but still no gems

Hi @Arwishma, welcome to the Forum!

Have you already checked your Inbox for the gems?

Everyone loves this offer, and it’s a great chance for C2P/F2P players to get a nice little stockpile of gems.

1 Like

I enjoyed the offer. I believe it’s a brilliant idea hats off to e&p. One thing I would suggest is allowing leaders to award members for participation and for achievements in the game.

I think this is a brilliant idea for both the players and the devs.
Love to see sharing of other items among alliance members. Even heros. I know that some if my friends on my alliance love heros A and I love heros B. Trading heros, items etc… just amongst alliance members would bring this game to a new fun level.

1 Like

I kind of like the anonymous idea. I like the opportunity regardless, but can certainly see where those who might not be in a position to participate could feel pressure. I am definitely going to post a note about it not being compulsory. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not a fan of this offer.

It is shameless peer pressure.

However, it seems to be extremely effective, so congratulations to SG for capitalizing on the frailty of human psychology. You are an effective and successful micro-transaction game developer.

And people are sheep.

I. loved. this. :blush:

I’m on a limited budget and i’m sure i’m not the only one. $2.99 = 300 gems + 30 x 29 = 1170 gems. Normally that would cost me over $10.

For those who don’t want to purchase it, Don’t! no guilt involved. It’s a nice thing for those who want it. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I loved this idea! Then again, I’m in a great alliance where everyone helps everyone else, whereas not everyone is so lucky. If you’ve got a fulll one, it means that for $3 (or equiv), you have the potential to gain a total of 1200 gems, which is a great deal, AND you get to show your love.
Of course not everyone is expected to make the purchase, but it’s nice having the option of benefiting both yourself and your teammates.

How about $1 mystery gifts of 3*/hard to get, unfarmable ascension items? Telescopes, sturdy shields, darts, tabards, compasses, orbs, trap tools, etc?
That would potentially help a great deal, especially for those who, like myself, have been waiting 2 months for certain items.

Also, not knowing what’s in your mystery boxes would give a nice little “ooh, what’s in the box?!?” excitement as well. :grin:

That would be straight consequent, but quite stupid. :rofl:

1 Like

I love it. Probably my favorite offer so far. As everyone is saying, the only downside is people might feel obligated to buy it. My alliance leader immediately put out a message sayinf that there is absolutely no obligation to buy it. The only thing i dont like is if an Alliance made it an obligation. I think that would take all the fun away. Although if your alliance asks that of you, maybe it is time to look for a new one.

Im not 100% sure but i think right about half of my alliance member bought it. It waa really nice getting a bonus 5-600 gems or so. I bought it too because i thought it was a good deal. And i like the idea of giving back to my alliance members for helping me out with info and advice. It was also cool because we have been working more as a team in wars lately and we have won the past few so it was also a nice way of saying well done.

I hope there are more similar offers to come. It seems my alliance as a whole (including the ones who bought and the ones who didn’t) was very pleased with the offer.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not up on all of the abbreviations… I know p2p, f2p but what are c2p and p2w? Thanks

1 Like

c2p = Cheap to Play (people who spend some money, but not a lot)

p2w = Pay to Win (the concept of spending money in order to win); this is sometimes considered a derogatory version of p2p (Pay to Play), though some people use them interchangeably

Also useful: The E&P Jargon-Pulverising Fictionary (glossary, definitions, dictionary)

5 Likes

@zephyr1, thanks…I was looking for something like that, lol

1 Like

I enjoy the ability to gift gems to my alliance. We all work hard as a team. I believe the offer should ask if the sender wants to be named or be anonymous. That way it doesn’t pressure those who aren’t going to purchase it. As for frequency, I like the rarity of it. If it was monthly, or even quarterly, I would tire of it, and no longer spend.

11 Likes

Cookie Settings