New mana per turn calculation on defense? We investigate Vol 2

C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶T̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶o̶s̶t̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶B̶o̶n̶u̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶u̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶T̶r̶o̶o̶p̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶.̶

Edit: We’ll be double-checking this once the designers are back from holiday.

Edit 2: My apologies for this incorrect information, we have now investigated this issue with the QA team. We can confirm that Costume & Emblem Mana Bonuses apply for the defense team as well, and that is intended. For more information, please read here: Mana Class Talent and Costume Mana Bonus DO Work in Defense - Staff Response Post #90 - #99 by Petri

8 Likes

Thank you and 20 wows… Why?! Just why? :joy:

@Damirius Well done! Great catch and analysis! :slight_smile:

@Petri Mind sharing any rationale about the reasoning for this decision? I currently cannot come up with any tbh.

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mana Class Talent and Costume Bonus Don’t Work in Defense - Staff Response Post #2

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mana Class Talent and Costume Bonus Don’t Work in Defense - Staff Response Post #2

In relation to this issue, please use the new specific thread

7 Likes
7 Likes

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Back to square one then I guess… :joy:

4 Likes

Just to clarify and show it with pixels:

3 Likes

There is a lot of merged threads and confusion so I apologize if this specific questions has been answered.

I agree that the passive mana generation per turn takes into effect the costume bonus and node bonuses on defense heroes. BUT, has anyone yet confirmed that the costume and node mana bonus increases when the are hit with tiles (non-passive)?

Thanks!

Hello

Can anyone help me to summarize all of the mana gen in defense ?

As the sumarrize topic is still not written… I’ve tried to understand everything but english is not my native language, so…

What I understand :

Speed of heroes are

• Charge 100% : 490
  • Very fast : 650
  • Fast: 800
  • Charge 200% : 981
  • Average : 1000
  • Slow : 1200
  • Very slow : 1350
  • Charge 300% : 1471

In defense all hereos have a -20% generation mana so their speed become :

• Charge 100% : 588
  • Very fast : 780
  • Fast: 960
  • Charge 200% : 1177,2 (1177 or 1178 ?)
  • Average : 1200
  • Slow : 1440
  • Very slow : 1620
  • Charge 300% : 1765,2 (1765 or 1766 ?)

Passive gain of mana at the end of each turn = 100 units
Non-passive gain of mana for each tile depend on (color ? number of tile in the turn ? what else ?)

All bonuses works exactly as same as offense (including troops, costume, class node, familly bonuses ? , S3 yellow stone bunus ?, elemental bonus of seshat, grazul, kingston…? , skills bonus of Sir lancelot, boss wolf, …?)

Did I miss something else ???

5 Likes

Yes .
it is assumed that when you do a combo and chain several tokens the token charge value on hitting decreases.
I don’t know if this continues to be the case

1 Like

This post is kind of confusing… So what is (in general) the non-passive gain of mana per each tile?

It depends on a combo number.

For non-combo (combo 1), each tile in defense gives 66.66% of the corresponding tile in offense.
Example: average hero without any mana bonus will be charged with 10 tiles in offense.
Then in defense, the same hero will be charged with 15 tiles, because each tile in defense is 66.66% of a tile in offense, if you don’t count combo bonus or end-of-turn bonus.

Combo bonus decreases the mana gained from tiles in defense in the following way:
Combo 2 gives 90% of mana from combo 1, Combo 3 gives 90% of mana from Combo 2 etc.

End-of-turn bonus for each hero in defense is equal to 130% of combo 1 tile.

All mana gains are a subject to mana gain modifiers like troop bonus, class node bonus, costume bonus, family bonus and buffs/debuffs.

1 Like

Interesting, I never knew this! So does it mean that an average hero (no mana troop or other bonuses) gets after being hit by one tile 0.666 % from the tile + 0.1% passive mana gain?

An average hero (no bonuses) in offense receives 10% of mana from each tile.

The same hero in defense, if hit by just 1 tile from Combo 1, will get 6.66% of mana, and receive an end-of-turn bonus of 6.66% * 130% = 8.66% of mana, resulting in 15.32% total mana generated.

3 Likes

What do you mean by Combo 1? A 3-tile match? Is then combo 2 a 4-tile match or a second 3-tile match that appears following a cascade for examplle?

Combo 1 is when the Combo message is not displayed.

Combo 2 is when the message

Combo 2
Attack x1.1

is displayed.

Basically, that’s it. That’s how game tells you the combo number.

It is possible by the game mechanics to match more than 3 (like 4 or 5 or even more) tiles of the same color, but still only get Combo 1.

It is also possible to completely skip Combo 1 step by matching several colors at once.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks, I think I understand better now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Damirius for this complete explanation!

When would that be, lol?