New June 2019 HOTM Hero Ranvir- yellow 5* Wu Kong?

Ah I see, so he will pretty much be a hero for Titans it looks like, considering the Titan will always have more health than your team. Good stuff, hope I pull him.

Ah had any change Ranvir in beta? Or is it still like this initially?

Not great to see two mentions of racial stereotypes and a sexually explicit comment on a very short thread. I’m the last person to flag speech in real life, but don’t forget that you’re playing a video game with little kids.

I’m already having a tough time deciding if I should ascend Inari or shoot for Ranvir in June. Both look like they’ll be amazing for Titans if they keep Ranvir’s design similar to beta. Still, that fox is so useful that I’m dying to use her at full power. Guess I’ll have to hold my darts a few weeks!

Does Ranvir’s special stack with Wu Kong’s? Assuming the enemy HP condition satisfied, and if Ranvir’s attack boost and accuracy debuff are unchanged:

Gambler Stance + Mystic’s Virtue =
+380% attack, -68% accuracy

which sounds really really dumb in both good and bad ways lol. IMO I really hope they don’t stack, and that they overwrite each other.

It would make sense to me if they overwrite each other considering how similar the special skill buff is.

Does Ranvir’s special stack with Tarlak’s?
Can you imagine stacked Ranvir’s, Tarlak’s and BT’s specials with Gregorion’s boosted critical chance? Now that would be a combo…

Won’t work well. 160% attack cap forced by Tarlak’s special placing a limitation on the stacked attack boost allowed.

Source:

Which means Wu Kong and Tarlak are actually a really bad combo because you get +160% attack and -32% accuracy, as opposed to +185% attack and -32% accuracy with Wu Kong alone.

So I’m assuming that Ranvir wouldn’t be any better.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying

No. They overwrite. Or, at least, they did in beta.

3 Likes

Ooh thank goodness. I would not want to see that attack team combo getting lucky during wars… after all the accuracy debuff would turn me off but who’s to say you won’t get lucky and one shot all enemies lol.

Basically, I’m glad they don’t stack.

1 Like

Me too. It would have been pretty ridiculous.

I have removed my post out of respect for the moderators, they don’t need anymore drama.

If you ever saw the leaked Ranvir card, you would know that he is indeed a Hindu Centaur, so my comment was quite literal.

I was one of the first to say I love the card art, it’s refreshing and unexpected in a very positive way.

As for riding, yes, he is a Centaur my dear. Being a Sagittarius, it’s been a part of my imagination riding on a Centaur’s back since I was a little girl. There’s no malice in that.

The malice is the byproduct of adult’s points of view in many cases.

8 Likes

Yes it is. And a Centaur, look to is legs…

Any final thoughts on Ranvir before he goes live tomorrow?

Don’t have Margaret in spite of a hefty number of summons…worth spending something to try for Margaret or focus entirely on Ranvir?

1 Like

I am not a beta tester, but I don’t think he will be really useful, atleast not more than Wu Kong. The limitation that the enemy needs more life than your own heros is not a good idea an makes him the most of the time useless against Titans.

I thought titan has more life than your heroes until the very end…

1 Like

Oh then it is a misunderstanding. I thought it is a comparison in percentage and not clear Numbers. Well then my last sentence is false.

Sounds like it was not really necessary to have that exception. Most of the time working, so it is ok. With raids maybe some thinking, but gamblers stance is not really good in raids.

Titans have more than 1500 health the vast majority of the time - so would figure him to be useful against titans most of the time - unless you already have wu or tarlak- not sure he is good enough to replace them

Put it this way, is the main problem with wu that the attack boost isn’t high enough or that the miss chance makes him a liability? Because ranvir makes one of these better in return for making the other worse.

1 Like

Beta is constantly shifting, so take this with a grain of salt, but…

…I was way more excited about Ranvir until I read about August’s HotM, who is essentially a slower, stronger blue Tarlak who also silences–but doesn’t heal (two mana potions should take care of that whole slow problem on titans :stuck_out_tongue:).

My problem with Ranvir is that he’s even less accurate than Wu. I’ve already replaced Wu on most of my titan teams, simply because the counter attacks from missed tiles while his ability is active are so freaking nasty. Yes, I miss out on some big hits, but on a whole I feel I have less garbage runs.

Inviting this clumsy but powerful centaur to your team is asking to receive a beating from higher level titans. I think he will destroy against smaller titans though, where they can’t deal enough damage to wreck your teams.

If he comes to me, I’ll still be excited. But I’ve down graded him from “Must get” to “Cool if it happens.”

The next two HotM, though…

4 Likes

To me, it’s the missed stuns. They can be absolutely devastating against 11-12* titans–which doesn’t even mention the lost damage.

2 Likes