New Heros of Color and Representation of Women and Men

i agree. it was closed earlier but now yes it needs to be closed. because people with undertones don’t reliaze they have undertones of such opinions. ect there is too much white people argument lol. thier acism is showing.

I think the reason they use Camelot, Grimm, and similar stories as inspiration over Polynesian and African legends is because the former stories are much more well known world wide. Its easier to sell heroes when the person says “I know who that is!” I dont think it had anything to do with race. I welcome more diversity. I just am touching on that specific argument.

2 Likes

So you are saying, unironically, I think, that the animals and the non whites should be counted together.

In all sincerity, I hope that is just a clumsy attempt at trolling. If that was sincere, then I weep for you.

just to be clear, I hope you aren’t implying that I said it shouldn’t change.

As the discussion droned on I felt the need to explain that (with my brain on) I know it’s wrong, just that I am annoyed at the specter of this, too, becoming a political shoving match.

1 Like

@Brobb

Nope.

They should be counted as ‘non-human’ and absent from the sample-size as a whole.

3 Likes

And that’s really I how play, too. I’m really not bothered – but it’s clear there are people who are bothered. Like the OP. They turn on the game and instead of being able to escape into a comfortable fantasy land, what they see is a lot of racial and gender stereotypes. And so they don’t enjoy the game the way you or I can.

I love this game, and I want more people to love it. If SGG can take positive steps to make this game feel less hostile to more players, without taking anything away from my gaming experience, that’s a good thing.

6 Likes

Did I misinterpret your last post? Were you saying that animals should be excluded from the count? I think you were, and I’m sorry for getting your comment wrong.

I think you may have misinterpreted mine, btw. I wasn’t suggesting the animals should be counted as white, I too was suggesting they should be excluded from the count. (Because they are animals, ffs. :wink:)

Edit: Yup, I see from you last post that we are on the same page.

2 Likes

the more realism you make the game the less fantasy we can enjoy.

2 Likes

@Brobb

I think you and I are square. Seems a miscommunication.

Animals should not be counted. Even anthropomorphic ones.

1 Like

Nothing good has come out from this thread. It is full of personal attacks, flagged posts and (not funny) jokes.
This is not constructive, this is troll’s paradise.

1 Like

@Resol

It is becoming evident, however, that a global game (for those with internet access & smart devices) should represent the global community.

See? This is why we can’t have nice, imperialist and gender-biased things!

2 Likes

I release you from your blood oath and free you from your obligation to participate in this thread.

Or, if you have an opinion, you can share it.

begrudgingly, @DotCom I feel the need to respond. Sorry… It’s like I was cursed.

Yes stupid attacks and off-topic posts have identified this as a hotbed issue in many people’s minds. People with bad manners get flagged posts.

Yet… it is clearly something that more than one person has thought. This is backed up by evidence to support the concern.

I wholeheartedly disagree that nothing good has come from this thread

Many people with open eyes and brains-switched-on have provided us with ballast to the discussion that this game is a microcosm of the male-dominated, white-dominant society. (because it sells games) And, even if ostriches like myself were okay with this in the interest of playing a game, perhaps we shouldn’t come down so hard on people for caring a little bit.

(even if I, for one, enjoy looking at over-sexualized female cartoon characters with silly powers)

3 Likes

Oh, my goodness!! NO!!!

Look at this lingerie model with high heels giving us the “emerald flash.”

Clearly, this celestial nymph is proof of mysogyny & sexual exploitation!

4 Likes

Oh I can see the next update already.

Dress for Nat - 500 gems
Underwear for Zeline - 500 gems
Shirt for Tarlak/Grimm etc - 500 gems
Etc.

While we are at it, the avatars are also skewed.

So are the specials, it surely points to abuse against males by women making Scarlett and Zeline as example have an attack debuff, and visa versa on an attack buff for male heroes as they fight against female heroes.

And here I thought I was playing a game …

I need to immediately go look at why menopoly has only male characters on the box.

This is the world we live in these days I guess.

And well when I installed the game a very long time ago I have never once felt the need to look at digital art and start classifying it.

Will I do so now? Oh wait reminds me, I need to go do some farming for ingredients, I will get to the classifying later then … yeah right.

3 Likes

As an appealing visual sketch, I appreciate the hero and would love to see more of her.

However, yes, she does belong as a part of the overall discussion. Zeline is quite sexualized.

Maybe I am no help. I’m done responding to this thread.

2 Likes

It’s one small piece of evidence to that effect, yes.

3 Likes

Feel free to leave and go play another game…another worthless thread.

1 Like

Feel free to go read another thread.

Sorry guys and girls (and animals), the thread has reached its tipping point and will be closed.

Perhaps the topic is too devisive to be constructively critical at this time. :disappointed: