New heroes OP - SG trying to squeeze for the cash?

This is a very common trope at this point.

Why Kleenex and Xerox have lost some of their IP protection.

(https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlyAFleshWound)

4 Likes

Do quotes even count?

But yeah, heā€™s a centuries old character concept. Aside from the Arthurian Black Knight, thereā€™s also the Marvel Black Knights, and then the other video game Black Knights; the Darksouls ones come to mind, and so does the Fire Emblem one (all who wear black armor, wield swords, and mask their entire face)

The noobs plague, where they learn how to spin to win or to parry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget Edward the Black Prince who is widely considered the prototypical knight, and no slouch at the chevauchee.

1 Like

Black Knight looks like a slightly different QoH and should be a very good defensive flank, but otherwise Iā€™m not sure what the big deal is? Lady of the Lake is a 5* healer, but would you really want her over Alberich or Mother North in the same color? Thatā€™s a pretty obvious no to me. I already had Guinevere, and did quite a few pulls. Happy I got Arthur and Morgan ā€“ and not sure Iā€™d trade either for either Black Knight or Lady of the Lakeā€¦

Imagine how easy it will be to go through season three with Lady of the Lake and Onatel.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Oh ā– ā– ā– ā– , if $1600 is the new C2P threshold, then I might as well call myself F2P.

I used to get made fun of for spending $60 to buy a single game (one time payment, no continuing payments). I balked at the idea of paying a measly $15 a month to play P2P games. 5-10 years ago, the vast majority of the gaming community considered microtransactions to be the work of the devil himself.

And now Iā€™m living in a world where someone who spent $1600 on one single video game - a mobile microtransaction loot box game no less - is now considered ā€œC2Pā€?

Well F me. I might as well uninstall right now if this is going to be considered to be the ā€œnew normalā€.

No offense to the people who regularly spend those amounts, you can spend your own money however you like. I ā€œlikeā€ this game, but I donā€™t like it that much. For those prices, Iā€™d expect a genie to be popping out of my phone and feeding me grapes and giving me back rubs while I hit the titan.

24 Likes

Same, Iā€™d expect a Vivica lookalike genie :laughing:

6 Likes

Please send just one dime to PapaHeavy and you could save a hero-less E&P Player. Your monthly donation is tax deductible and will greatly help this pitiful player achieve his dream of pulling a decent yellow 5* tank. Just remember one dime a month could feed a starving family OR make a pretty old man vaguely happy!! Send now and he will spend now!! Donā€™t wait, tomorrow could be too late!!

P.S If you canā€™t afford a dime, send a few cents anyway. Heā€™s also in desperate need of Poison Darts and Mystic Rings!!

7 Likes

The loot box gamble is what keeps some people playing/paying and here in the US the loot box will never be regulated because itā€™s all about capitalism, that all mighty dollar. So yes I agree SG is probably trying to squeeze every penny they can until they are forced to depend only on the countries that allow loot boxes.

That being said Iā€™m in the position where I canā€™t compete with all the new heroes. My luck isnā€™t good enough to pull them either. So where does that leave me? Competing with those who are in the same position I am. Which in my estimation is where this game is going. There will be subset groups within the game where those of us who have not achieved the OP heroes, either through luck or spending, reside.

Itā€™s all about choice. If you want to continue playing then either spend the money needed to gamble for those OP heroes or accept what you have and find creative combinations and challenge yourself in a level thatā€™s comfortable. I chose to play the game within the heroes I have. Iā€™m less stressed about the game now.

3 Likes

You could add costume portal to the title. People will chase the few desired costume and spend thousands again. Now that my TC20 has gifted me with a Lianna, I can totally see myself spending money for her costume :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I do agree that in the foreseable future, we will be seeing many ā€œmust haveā€ heroes. The financial reason is probably the most important, but there is also the fickle interest of players. Not long ago many leaderboard players were complaining they were bored to death fighting against Guin. Nowadays leaderboard tanks are varied. As for spending, each has their own motives, although compulsion is the most serious of it. The biggest reason loot boxes have to be regulated.
There are other reasons around though, me for instance, for health reasons, there is very little I can do besides reading or playing.(I also spend well on books :)). So, whatever amuses me is well spent. On the other hand, playing for 2 years, it is clear that not matter how powerful your heroes are, 80% of the game is rng. As I am unlucky with it, having the new op heroes stopped being interesting, as amusement turned into frustration and boredom. So much grinding to max an hero to have crappy boards is bound to rob enjoyment in time

2 Likes

Itā€™s always a squeeze for cash. It was a squeeze for cash before, but now that Zynga has their fingers on the puppet strings, itā€™s going to be a vice.

And I hope the gachamoney model is outright banned, even if it puts hucksters like SG out of business.

7 Likes

Lmao, thanks @NotVixx! Thatā€™s about 1123% better!!

2 Likes

LOL youā€™ll need to change your name now to PuppyHeavy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a USDA Grade A certified rant, right there, my friend! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Thank you! I can also personally guarantee that my rants are 100% free range, organic, and gluten free. :grin:

4 Likes

Now that is just way too healthy to be found in these forums :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I also add plenty of salt :sunglasses:

2 Likes

To say you spend $200-$300 a month on a silly 300mb phone app match 3 game & consider it Cheap To Play, just because someone else spends more?

This is like spending $50 for a cup of coffee & saying thatā€™s sensible cause that guy over there spent $500.

Having more disposable cash than the next person & just blowing it on trash doesnā€™t make it any sensible at all.

All Items hold a level of value. A bar of gold, A bar of silver & a cup of coffee. A digital cartoon on a 300mb low graphics match 3 game loaded on a hand held telephone, canā€™t be worth half a bar of gold as you say your friend has spent. And spending any less than this doesnā€™t make YOUR deal any better nor is it CHEAP, nor is it sensible to say the least.

Now letā€™s call an apple an apple & a spade a spade & mind you, neither of them are worth half a bar of gold.

1 Like