šŸ—æ New Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

@zephyr1

Sorry to bother you, but Iā€™m wondering how important is G. Falcon for challenge events? Iā€™m not a huge spender, I wanted to save all of my gems/coins for avalon/pirates.

But Iā€™m also hoping to get top 1000 for rare and legendary, and 5000 (maybe even 500?) for epic this event.

So Iā€™m thinking one option is to try a 10-pull for Falcon and spam him up to at least the last ascension and then attempt the event?

For the record, my current roster of vaguely useable heroes right now:

Wilbur+6, Kelile+5, Boldtusk 4/70, Aeron+3, Proteus+3, Ameonna 4/67, Tiburtus (3rd ascension, will try to get him maxed if heā€™s deemed useful).

I can also still emblem all of them at least a few times.

As you can see, I also canā€™t put up a mono team no matter what. (Unless getting G. Falcon AND powerleveling him and Gormek or Sumitomo will help?)

Is it realistic at all for me to aim for such high rankings? Or are my heroes nowhere near good enough yet?

Some meandering thoughts, and a couple questionsā€¦

Happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

And heā€™s very helpful, but not necessary.

But in general, Guardians is the first place Iā€™d prioritize Summoning, because Jackal and Falcon are hugely helpful for Titans and Offense ā€” and as 4*, theyā€™re actually moderately obtainable.

I typically recommend that C2P players Summon only on Guardians amongst the Challenge Events, until getting Falcon and/or Jackal.

If you Summon and get lucky enough to get Falcon, then heā€™s well worth power leveling ā€” presuming your bench is otherwise well established ā€” which may not be the case from your list of usable heroes.

In your case youā€™re probably better off sticking to a rainbow leveling plan for now, to build bench depth.

Mono isnā€™t necessary, itā€™s just easier.

But the value of Falcon is most increased when paired with strong red attackers. Gormek adds little value there, since Wilbur covers defense debuff, and Gormek and Sumitomo both have low attack stats.

So I wouldnā€™t recommend prioritizing them for Challenge Events ā€” though theyā€™re useful heroes elsewhere.

Itā€™s definitely achievable without mono, and without a ton of Emblems. Iā€™ve seen others rank moderately well with other team constructions.

Using Wu is out for Guardians (or at least is fairly risky), which undermines one way people avoid mono.

In your case it sounds like you almost donā€™t have much choice other than a 3-2 stack of Boldtusk/Wilbur/Kelile, and 2 of Proteus/Ameonna/Tiburtus.

Thatā€™s actually not a bad team, and has some good damage output potential. Youā€™ll likely just need more Battle Items to finish off Bosses than you would with more hitters.

Howā€™s your inventory?

Youā€™ll have your best potential runs in Stages where the Bosses are green or yellow, and you can charge (or Mana up) Boldtusk, Wilbur, and Ameonna as needed to bump up damage quickly on the monsters or Bosses. Youā€™ll likely need to finish off some of them with Battle Items too.

You might be a better speed player than me, but it took me a while to get decent at playing quickly through Stages. (Iā€™m still nowhere near as good at it as a lot of other people, I only got good enough to hit the Reward Tiers I wanted.)

So Iā€™m also wondering how much youā€™ve practiced that on past Events. Youā€™ll have to work harder at it because you donā€™t have the added advantage of a mono team, plus you donā€™t have a lot of hitters, so damage output will be lower.

I like to practice while farming, so you could try that too if you havenā€™t been already.

So in upshot, just trying to figure out a little more context of where youā€™re at with Challenge Events, to figure out where to focus your attention.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed reply! I really appreciate it!

This will be the first time Iā€™m actually trying to rank in challenge event, although Iā€™ve been able to complete all three levels for the past half year.

Up until 2 weeks ago when I started reading these forums, Iā€™ve always used rainbow teams lol. In fact, Iā€™ve always pretty much just used the same heroes for mostly everything, and only leveled a new hero when itā€™s clearly better than the former. Thatā€™s why my bench is incredibly thin right now; I used to just throw away extra 4 stars and 3 stars and even fed my dup domitia (who was my 3rd 5 star, the 2nd being the other domitia) to herself. Domitiaā€™s still at 2/60 though, and although I have enough tabards, I only have 5 trap tools, so no chance to power level her up.

That said, iā€™ve been watching some videos of people playing the challenge events and ranking really well, and I donā€™t think Iā€™m slower than they are. Granted those videos were of a year ago, and perhaps the competition became much tougher after they revealed their strategy?

edit: forgot, to add, but Iā€™m willing to useā€¦ . I guess up to 5 WE flasks, in addition to the energy obtained during the event.

Items:

Super Mana Pot x17
Time Stop x17
Tornado x15
Dragon attack x30
bomb attack x114 (making more)
Axe attack x162
Mana pot x180
Arrow Attack x320
Small mana pot x236

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

This is where youā€™re going to be most constrained, especially on Axes. It might be enough, but itā€™ll mean you need to be pretty judicious about when you use them.

This might be an argument for picking either Rare or Epic to focus on.

Whatā€™s your Rare team looking like?

Top competition is insane.

But the moderate Rewards Tiers are pretty reasonable.

I think competition is a little tougher since the improvements to Rewards and broader Tiers as part of the revamps, but you definitely donā€™t have to go crazy or do amazingly wellā€¦at least until more people figure that out. :smirk:

That may help, especially for a first time trying to be more competitive.

FWIW, I havenā€™t been using Flasks on Challenge Events so far. The WE I gain during the Event has been enough on the last ones.

Glad you joined the Forum, then. :slightly_smiling_face:

As an aside, do you not participate in Wars?

And did you never specialize teams for Titans?

Just curious, because one or both of those usually motivates some expanded bench depth.

This is the second reason Iā€™d maybe pick one of Rare/Epic/Legendary to focus on first.

You might end up being able to expand to competing in a second or third Tier during the Event, but Iā€™m a little worried about you spreading yourself too thin and missing all of your targets. Hitting a solid win on one first would be a good way to make sure you have enough WE and Battle Items to hit what you want.

I always start by playing through each Stage of each Tier once, like you would for completion ā€” and would suggest you do the same.

After that, I think you should pick one Tier to focus on first (and maybe exclusively), either Rare or Epic.

ā€¦which brings me back to wondering about your options for Rare.

2 Likes

@zephyr1

May i expect my heroes to turn green on the Chameleon raids?

And if yes, will they have the same powers or will they become another hero?

I need @zephyr1 to talk into a 10 pull this event. I have Falcon but Jackel has been avoiding me often.

New heros sound cool even though they will be few and far between.

If I do make that 10 pull can you suggest a geographical location and time where I will have the highest odds? This part is very important.

I need all the odds in my favor, my luck has been extremely poor for a while.

Do a 10 pull! Iā€™m doing 2 plus got 3 free pulls.
Well depends if I get mega lucky with the 3 free and a 10 might not need to do the other 10šŸ‘

1 Like

I will have a couple free ones as well.

Debating whether to do the 10 early on or wait until the end.

I really need something new to level. Got tons of feeders waiting.

1 Like

Doing the 3 free first then prob wait till Friday and then the Saturday for the 10s.

1 Like

Glad to join too, thereā€™s so much valuable information here from all you kind folks :smiley:

My alliance is a newbie alliance, we were fighting 4 or 5 star titans for most of the year, and AW opponents are similarly bad. Having 2/60 5 stars or 3/60 4stars was pretty much good enough.

My 3 star roster: Nashgar, Nashgar, Azar+13, Jahangir, and (BrienneC or Ulmer+12 or Hawkmoon?)

I so regret throwing away all those Gatos and Namahages and squire rabbit now lol :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, I do plan on doing them one at a time. But Iā€™m really hoping to get the EHTs for possibility of Telluria and were there rumors of new seasonal event heroes?

2 Likes

Yes if you are running a mono red team. THe heroes turn green, use green tiles but their special is the same.

Posted about this up here:

Odds discussed on another thread of Guardians vs. Atlantis:

As for best Geographical Location, I would suggest close to a Prison or Contested border where Guardians are thickestā€¦ Maybe go to the Border between USA & Mexico or maybe the North & South Korea Border?

10 Likes

hmmmm I am in Portugal so not close to either haha.

That is a good idea, maybe I can find something along those lines around here.

Guardians sounds better and I have all the atlantis 4*. It is the 5* that have been eluding me. Only Mok-Arr so far but I maxed him and he is fun.

3 Likes

Atlantis 5* Heroes are difficult to getā€¦ You either have to be very lucky or throw resources at themā€¦

Personally I have gotten from hundreds of summons:
Featured: Ariel, Atomos, Inari
Non-Featured: Ariel (was trying to get Ursena)

5 Likes

Yeah I have found that out. I donā€™t do a lot of summons anymore just hoping to get lucky.

I think Iā€™ll go guardians. Jackel would be welcome. A bonus Vela would be sweet, I kind of like her utility after facing her a few times already in mid-high diamond.

3 Likes

I was very lucky on previous Guardians events, have 4 Falcons but only 1 maxed, 3 Jackals but only 1 maxed and I have both Owl and Kong but havenā€™t levelled them. Would it be worth trying for any of the new characters? The odds would be phenomenal but if theyā€™re good, Iā€™d rather try for them!

The cumulative probability of 100 Summons (26000 gems) is a 45% chance of at least one of Panther, Gazelle, or Chameleon (i.e. one of the 5* you donā€™t already have) ā€” so if you do 100 Summons, youā€™re more likely NOT to get a new 5* than to get one.

The cumulative probability of 500 Summons (130000 gems) is a 95% chance of at least one of Panther, Gazelle, or Chameleon.

So if 1 million players each did 500 Summons, 50000 of them would not get any of Panther, Gazelle, or Chameleon.

So my suggestion is to set a moderate budget that you wouldnā€™t be unhappy to spend all of without getting anything new, and stick to it.

7 Likes

Well, gonna be doing 2 x10 rolls as soon as this goes live. And some single pulls on my two alts. I am not holding my breath for any of the five stars but at minimum want Jackal and Falcon. Falcon will complete my green titan team.

3 Likes

I will comment this here cos I think itā€™s because of this event, but the Stardust offer of 200 gems + epic troop token.

I bought this all 3 times, ready for tomorrow. I will use all 600 gems purely for energy refills though, not gonna waste on a pull.

1 Like

Same here, will use my red ones, maybe a few epic/leg stages with proteus and hood for Zim if it gets tough. These are my teams for every event beside grimforest too. :smile:

3 Likes