šŸ—æ New Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

I think the problem is youā€™re just not replaying the right stages.

My heroes were not optimal at all, much worse than yours. I made so many mistakes and wasted so much time. Iā€™m not that fast, and Iā€™m not that skilled. This is my first time trying for a challenge event, I ended up rank 500ish, but Iā€™m sure I could have gotten top 100 if I tried.

You donā€™t need a lot of skill to get top 1000. It must be something else youā€™re missing.

In terms of skill and pacing, for me the hardest part about challenge events isnā€™t finding the right combos and making diamonds or whatever.

The hardest part is knowing when to use items, when to use skills, especially when thereā€™s 1 mob with significantly higher hp than the other 2, or thereā€™s only 1 mob left, or when there are 2 mobs with low hp left.

And also the connection between when youā€™re about to finish off one wave and the next wave, optimizing these points can bring huge improvements for me personally at least.

4 Likes

Does it make a big difference if you Play on your Phone or via the pc?
Did not tried the pc myself yet, but in the videoā€™s it seems they fire items at a very fast paceā€¦

1 Like

Thought about that too. I play on ipad, but when i watch some videos the tiles look far faster than mine. Had perfect boards and carpet bombed etc (battle items also look slower than in some videos i have seen) for not even getting near those crazy top10 stage scores. Or maybe the more you pay, the faster the tiles move :rofl:

2 Likes

wait, you can play on pc? i didintā€™ even know that was possible (without an emulator) lol

Called ā€œBluestacksā€ or so, tried it, but my pc is too old for that!

I tried for the first time and reached my goal pretty comfortably.

Thanks for all the tipps guys!

7 Likes

Thanks for the like @vanZille. Your score was my reference! :+1:

2 Likes

Well, since I already had Jackal and Falcon I was looking for Panther this event but I got Kong. Last pull I did and there was the big monkey.

I knew and know he is not the most popular hero but still happy. A legendary 5* eventhero is always welcome in my roster. Will I give him the rings? I donā€™t know yet. i have Wilbur, Boldtusk and Falcon so maybe he suits well in my red stack against green titans.

Anyway, time will tell. Thank you SG and RNG for a nice event and a new 5* :-), next stop for a few pulls; Atlantis Rises

5 Likes

Didnā€™t have any Guardians before this event, so was excited about summoning for Jackal, Falcon or Panther. Did around 18 -19 summons and ended up with the Kong, just like you, and 4 Bats. As my first 5* red he is destined to go 3/70 and wait for a while, without Falcon it is even harder to justify maxing him.

3 Likes

@Oksure Same here, 3/70 for sure. I have 7 rings at the moment but Azlar, Anzogh and Khagan waiting at the bench.

Have Gravy, Grazul maxed with emblems and Ares at 3/70 ( he will not get the rings tbh).

choices choices, a luxury I know :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Avalon should be next up, now that weā€™ve finally gotten through a round of the revamped Events.

Green is definitely a solid option for Avalon, and is the most natural fit for the monsters. I think Iā€™ve tried red and yellow before too, though. Particularly on the earlier Stages it doesnā€™t always matter a ton, since mono can do a lot of damage against weak enemies. There are also a fair number of red Bosses. Iā€™ll probably experiment a little.

The mix of green heroes you have is definitely good for building a team for mono green. I think youā€™ll be fine with those.

@Yagster This guide also is great:

Bear in mind that this is using the old Challenge Event difficulty ā€“ I find since the difficulty increased, emblemed heroes and higher leveled troops become more of a necessity for beating the later stages quickly without relying as much on huge combos. But the strategy still remains the same and that guide is still relevant in helping you there.

1 Like

Thanks,I understand the idea of how to get the best score,Iā€™m more curious about how many and which items do they use,and hero choices.in the updated events.i havenā€™t seen many videos for the updated ones

That is a great video,I have seen it and used that strategy,I placed 467 in the 3* with minimal items just a mono red n purple team

I would like to see a video like that in the epic and legendary for the updated ones

2 Likes

@Yagster try to avoid posting multiple replies in sequence on the same topic ā€“ if you want to add more to your reply, you can use the edit :pencil2: button instead. I have merged all your replies in one post :slight_smile:

I canā€™t speak for epic or legendary myself. I only attempt to compete in Rare because thatā€™s where I have the largest bench depth.

Best heroes to use are those with high attack stats, high damaging and fast skills preferably. Bonus if you include defense down. I noticed in Rare a lot of costumed Gunnar + Namahages or Balthazar duplicates. This was the case for almost all of the top 10 teams ā€“ I had to settle with Gill-Ra myself though my advantage here was that I went with 5 purple instead of a 1-4 stack.

I imagine itā€™s similar for Epic and Legendary though ā€“ I see combos like Wilbur + G. Falcon + Lancelot for Epic Wonderland, and G. Jackal + Joon in Legendary Pirates.

As for Items itā€™s best to go offensive, even in the higher difficulties. Anything that adds damage (such as Axes, Bombs) and anything that can help charge your special skills (mana pots, tornadoes in legendary) are good items. Battle items are very expensive to keep using though, so itā€™s best to save them for a really good run.

That video is for Rare indeed, but you can translate what works in that tier to the higher difficulties. The difference is of course, that resources become more and more expensive in those difficulties ā€“ both in terms of heroes to level up, and in terms of items to craft and hoard.

3 Likes

Ok lol,Right so I guess same idea for the style of play,I think its just I didnā€™t manage my use of weapons good,Iā€™ll put a screenshot of the team I used.i wonder how many dragon attacks n tornadoes n stuff they prepare in advance

Epic Teltoc was a lot easier imo than previous event epics. Toughest epic for me was Pirates as that was the one I never finished. With these events I do not aim for leaderboard position, just completion. When this rolls around again, it will be even easier as Wilbur will be maxed out.

@zephyr1 and I are working on the other heroes :smile:. The idea is to have similar graphics for all existing heroes, costumes, and later (later later), max shield and sword paths for emblems. Thanks :smiley: (Also, reminds me that I need to make a post about some stats.)

4 Likes

@Lumi Would you post links to these topics here when you post them? Especially the shield and sword paths for emblems. Thank you.

I got two G Jackals and one G Falcon and one G Bat on 20 pull, and one Vivica.

2 Likes

So consider yourself quite lucky.

2 Likes