New Foreign Language Alliance Recruitment Category

Many Forum users have asked for a better solution to non-English Alliance Recruitment posts.

Placing them into #alliance-recruitment was a bit messy, since that section, like the rest of the main portion of the Forum, has English as an official language per #forum-rules.

And, in turn, placing them into #foreign-languages wasn’t ideal, since it made for a disorganized pile of various languages AND topics all jumbled together.

A (bit better) solution

After several discussions amongst the Forum moderators and SGG Staff, a new Forum subcategory was created within #foreign-languages to house non-English Alliance Recruitment posts:

#foreign-languages:foreign-language-alliance-recruitment

(sorry for the long and awkward Forum category link, Discourse can be a bit clumsy like that)

Using the new section

• If you’d like to post a non-English alliance recruitment message, please do so in the new section. I encourage you to indicate the language in the post title to make it easier for people to find.

• For Forum Regulars who’d like to help keep the Forum organized, please move non-English recruitment posts to #foreign-languages:foreign-language-alliance-recruitment instead of moving them to #foreign-languages as was the old standard.

• For Forum users who DON’T speak multiple languages, the new category is a subcategory of #foreign-languages, so you can readily unfollow all non-Engish posts if you’d like.

• For Forum uses who DO speak multiple languages, the new category is a subcategory of #foreign-languages, so you can readily follow all non-English posts if you’d like.

• For players searching for an alliance, if you speak multiple languages, be sure to check out both #alliance-recruitment and #foreign-languages:foreign-language-alliance-recruitment! And if you prefer to join an alliance that speaks only or primarily your language, you can search accordingly.

No Solution is Perfect

I know there are some things about this solution that aren’t ideal — but hopefully it’ll help recruitment efforts, and help players find alliances that suit them well.

I’m personally pleased to see something put into place after a few months of discussion off and on about this.

If you have feedback on the new category, please share it here. Thanks! :slight_smile:

43 Likes