NEW filters for Hero Roster and leveling Heroes – with sample UI design mockups - BETA UPDATE POST #42

Great idea!! FIRST that this game need!

Give us the filters! :slight_smile:

Adding my two cents since major changes have not been implemented yet.

SORTING
If users were allowed to sort by feature A, then by feature B, then by feature C, then by feature D, this system would be very versatile to however users want to sort. The choices to sort by should include the six already in the game plus TEAMS, which is very important to be optional. Currently the first 4 of 6 sorting choices actually sort by Teams FIRST and then secondarily by the feature you select. For some reason the 5th & 6th sorting choices sort regardless of teams, which is better IMO. Teams & mana speed are additional features that could be selectable.

Current unmodifiable sorting mechanisms:
POWER: 1)Team 2)Power 3)Element 4)Name or Class (not Rarity)

RARITY: 1)Team 2)Rarity 3)Power 4)Element 5)Name or Class

ELEMENT: 1)Team 2)Element 3)Power 4)Name or Class (not Rarity)

NAME: 1)Team 2)Name 3)Power (Rarity and Element are tied to Name)

CLASS: 1)Class 2)Power 3)Element or Name or Rarity (not Team)

ORIGIN: 1)Origin 2)Power 3)Element 4)Class or Name or Rarity (not Team)

FILTERING
Sorting is good if you want to see everything. Filtering is good if you don’t want to see everything. There should be a separate function to filter out Element & Rarity for starters. Those would be very helpful and since there are only 5 options of each it would not get too messy of a UI. I can see how Power might require a sliding scale, and Class & Origin have many more than 5 options. Filtering by name seems pointless. Mana speed I believe only has 5 options, if an added feature.

Filtering by “Locked” status should be automatic while leveling up, since you can’t click on them in that screen anyway, and this would greatly decrease the most frequent need for scrolling. Filtering by “Locked” on the roster when not leveling up would allow you to logically sift out your feeders. Filtering by “Unlocked” would allow you to make sure you don’t have any keepers unlocked with your feeders.

APPLICATION
My suggestion for the UI would be to add a sort/filter button that is out of the way, but when you click on it a window fills the screen with all the options. When you click “Apply”, the window closes back down to the little button and it does not affect the standard view. Also when filtering, some sort of obvious display at the top or bottom should say in bright color: “Filtered 23/117 heroes”.

3 Likes

Well this is great idea, make this happen, please.

The original UI is great and love the concept of how to sort and was going to make my own post. However I’ve worked on building websites for mobile devices and when the op’s idea gets squashed down to phone screens it’ll be impossible it select anything.

I suggest using drop down boxes similar to Google image/news search:

Selecting a drop down reveals the appropriate options, 2 - all options can be clicked(1* or 1*-5*). After making your selection the drop down changes to show you selection:

To add on to feature request: when sorting by anything the heroes in teams don’t move, have a check box “ignore teams” so those heroes will follow sorting order as well.

3 Likes

@moderators please merge:

1 Like

Could we maybe have a reverse sort, since for tavern and ninja you typically want to start at the weak end and work up?

Right now it is a lot of effort to get to the strongest you have not yet used

1 Like

Hi there, this is a minor request that would really simplify things on my end and I am hoping that it’s doable from your end. I’ve noticed that one can sort heroes according to element, power, origin, etc., Could y’all add according to teams as well? Many thanks in advance!

This is WAY past due.

The hero roster is still built for season 1 of the game. The GUI wasn’t great back then, but now it is beyond manageable. Im at 291 spots with 260 claimed. I dont even remember the time when I had enough open spots to color feed 5 heroes 10 at a time. Surfing for heroes is just tedious and the filter options are little help. Till recently, purchasing extra team lots helped by moving everything to the top, but now that doesn’t help.

You keep adding events that require deeper benches and you are putting out new heroes at a higher rate. The old hero roster storage and search features no longer work.

1 Like

I LOVE this idea. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Devs we all NEED THIS!

1 Like

Great work!!! I’d like to see it pursued :smile:

:wave: @Max_well

I like this organizer which you have shared. :star:

Is there a means to obtain your organizer shown here? Example, Anchor and some others like Telly post free access to some beneficial hero databanks, etc

If so, can you provide that information here?
So I might utilize this organizer?
Hoping from feedback from you, regardless of whether you can or will, share it. As I stated, I would appreciate something like this for myself.

Any information about it is appreciated!! :sun_with_face:

:sun_behind_small_cloud:

here I am layering in comments March 2021
@Max_well has a great concept

@Guvnor can we anticipate E&P working to implement his version or one like it? We gain more utility from the/ our individual hero databank with this obvious upgraded format.

Can you give us any insights?
Any future efforts by E&P in this area?

Thank you for your time @Guvnor
:pray:

2 Likes

bump… 20 char of bump :coffee:

We need a way to search heroes more efficiently. I hate scrolling through all my heroes looking for that ONE I wanted to use, only to realize I’ve already scrolled past it 5 times.

Is there a way to add a search function? This way we can type in the name of the hero we are looking for? Some of us long time players have heroes built up and it’s hard finding them sometimes.

I know we can sort by element and class and all that, I just want to type search and use. Because honestly, even if I sort by name, rarity, color or other, I’m still just going to scroll past the one I’m looking for. I have a lot of voices.

This has to be in the development by now

This is some pure gold buried in the depths of the forum.

Bump.

Would really love an uncheck teams button at the very least. Can’t be that hard to make.

3 Likes

Thank you for this, and thank you or the time you took to do it. Yes, this does make everything easy to reach, and find. This is a very good idea. I support you 100%

Well, so many people expressed support for a wave counter, and literally years passed before they implemented it…

2 Likes