New Emblem Quest Challenge

Ermm I have a bunch of healers plus skittles and almost all my 4*s are emblemed so no can do on the no emblems thing. I do have an unemblemed ulmer which I will sub in for Isarnia. :rofl:

Fun fact, the first time I beat the upcoming trial I used this team:

Lol yes Iā€™m showing off :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fine, itā€™s relaxed and fun. I had to redo two trials during the vanilla challenge because it was stupid early and my tired brain forgot :rofl:

I had added Gretel to one and I forgot the other time ā€¦ maybe Buddy or something?

:beers:

1 Like

Oh good lordā€¦ sorcerers and wizardsā€¦ I am fairly sure that most if not all of my sorcerers and wizards are strictly ā€œsupportā€ heroesā€¦

Just to double check, I am allowed to use axes and arrows, right? Because otherwiseā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

@Guvnor used the phrase carpet bombing. There is no restriction on items. Lord knows I will need them on this one ā€¦

1 Like

Already looking forward to this. Setting up my draft teams now to see which Trials will probably give me troubleā€¦

1. Strength (Barbarian + Fighter)

Grimm / Shadereave / Hu Tao / Boldtusk / Gormek. some overlap here, but Shadyā€™s buffs are great and will revive someone if they die. Gormek first then Grimm second for a stronger hit. Hu Tao to pick on Oberon.

Could also bring Lancelot in to have a sort-of sniper. or Colen for a harder hit (maybe drop Hu).

Wow I have a lot of Red 4* Fighters!

Benched 4*: Caedmon costume (will just bring antidotes), Little John (slow plus weak colorā€¦)

Benched 5*: Malosi (would have been great against all the bosses), Joon costume, Sartana costume, Elena, un-maxed Magni and Richard.

1. Fortitude (Cleric + Druid)

Rigard normal / Caedmon normal / Hansel 1 / Hansel 2/ Melendor normal. Two healers, two mana controllers, two dispellers, one cleanser.

Benched 4: Agwe, Boril, Sonya costume, Lady Woolerton (all ineffective color to one of the bosses), Gadeirus (a second Hansel or dispeller is IMO more valuable), Gobbler, candy Skittleskull

Benched 5*: Lepus, Kadilen, Horghall, Elkanen (only Lepus is maxed so I donā€™t lose THAT much!)

1. Mysticism (Sorcerer + Wizard)

Iā€™ve done it before with this team: Proteus 1, Proteus 2, Kiril, Sabina, normal Skittleskull. Skittles is weak to mobs but strong vs. the boss Ulmer, nd helps mitigate Ulmerā€™s defense drop.

Could also drop Sabina for Kashhrek costume, I lose a weak color to two bosses and gain a strong color with nice health boost (Kash can protect my two Protys).

Benched 4: dupe Kiril (the buffs would overlap), costume Melendor (though he would be a great counter to Ulmer, but Kiril also does that and gives an attack buff too - and this team will rely on tile damage!)

Benched 5*: Sartana, Isarnia

Man, Iā€™m benching a lot of attack power here.

1. Serenity (Paladin + Ranger)

oooh this is gonna be the toughest. it was also my toughest for the vanilla challenge.

Likely:

costume Tiburtus, Normal Tiburtus (stronger hit to follow his costumed twin), Cyprian (take that Lianna and Richard!), Boril costume (ditto), Chao (for the mana cut)

maybe drop Chao or one Tibs for Jack Oā€™Hare (strong color vs. Richard, neutral to others, self-def debuff works well with riposte)

Benched 4*: Sonya (nothing to dispel, weak color), Triton (weak color BUT could bring in for the heal boost, which works with items)

Benched 5*: Aegir, Gregorion, un-maxed Richard and Justice. Hm. I will miss Aegirā€™s defense buff and unreliable healing more than Gregā€™s sniping. Sadly, I do NOT have Rigardā€™s costume so I have absolutely no healer for this Trial without Aegir. I remember using a lot of items for the all-vanilla challenge.

1. Survival (Barbarian + Rogue)

Li Xiu costume (for the mana cut), Grimm (strong color), Little John (weak color but good combo with Li), Scarlett (attack debuff!), Danzaburo (strong color vs. mobs, good effects)

Benched 4*: Gormek (overlaps with Grimm), Kelile (doesnā€™t really hit all that hard, and her effect isnā€™t as useful as the othersā€™)

Benched 5*: Inari, Malosi, Margaret, Azlar, Marjana, un-maxed Domitia, Obakan, Richard

Wow, another of my Trials where I have a wonderful 5* bench. Even my vanilla 5*s Azlar and Marjana are quite good; but I remember using Inari and Margaret for crazy dodging. Malosi is great to block the ailments cast by all 3 bosses too.

1. Piety (Cleric + Monk)

Ugh, the most annoying trial. Two healers, a mana booster, a cleanser, a riposter. Probably the only one I carpet bomb because I know it will take ages normally.

Rigard / Valeria / Hansel 1 / Hansel 2 / Valeria 2 (hee! double mana control and double V-fast heal steal!) Might drop a Valeria for costumed Skittleskull, stronger color against mobs.

Benched 4*: Li Xiu (not needed if two Hansels are coming along), Wu Kong (only really comes out for Titans), Lady Wooly (weak color to Viv) and Boldy costume (and one healer is enoigh for this trial IMO), Agwe, Boril

Benched 5*: Aeron (nice to have a healer, but none of the bosses cast ailments); Joon normal (aw), Rana (double aw, her heal block is great against Tuck and Viv), unmaxed Leonidas and Elkanen

1. Decimation (Fighter + Wizard)

Kiril / Hu Tao (strong color against bosses, and the blind is nice vs. two AoEs) / Proteus / Caedmon costume (snipe, saves on antidotes, strong vs Ulmer) / Proteus 2

Or maybe drop a Proteus or Caedmon for Kashhrek costume, Kash will protect Proty and Kiril. And anyway, if Proteus is alive, the bosses wonā€™t fire and Caedmonā€™s cleanse isnā€™t needed. Will have to rely on tile damage though.

Benched 4*: 2nd Kiril, two Melendors with costume (overlaps with Kirilā€™s buff), Boldtusk normal, Sir Lancelot, Colen, Shadereave (all weak to Ulmer and only neutral to everything else).

Wow I have a lot of Red 4* Fighters!

Benched 5*: Sartana costume, Joon costume, Isarnia, Elena, un-maxed Magni

Strategy would change a lot: I have a lot of firepower with my eligible 5s, with my 4s I rely on stalling and survival!

1. Nature (Druid + Ranger)

Tiburtus / Caedmon normal / Melendor normal (two dispellers) / Jack Oā€™Hare (for firepower) / Gadeirus (backup healer, attack boost)

Benched 4*: Triton and costume Sonya (can bring antidotes instead of cleanse, weak color to mobs and bosses), Chao (weak color to a boss), Gobbler

Benched 5*: Seshat, Gregorion, Lepus, un-maxed Horghall and Kadilen. Thatā€™s a lot of firepower benched too!

1. Shadows (Rogue + Sorcerer)

Sabina (only all-party healer) / Li Xiu costume (mana cut!) / Danzaburo (strong vs Domitia and mobs, good effects) / Scarlett (attack debuff) / Kelile (strong vs. Skittleskull and neutral to the rest)

Benched 4*: Skittleskull normal (weak color, and Scarlett is a faster attack debuffer), Kashhrek costume (weak color)

Benched 5*: Inari and Margaret (dodge city!), Marjana (an upgraded Kelile), un-maxed Domitia

1. Justice (Monk + Paladin)

Cyprian (take that bosses!) / Tiburtus costume / Boldtusk costume (only healer) / Tiburtus costume 2 (triple up no the strong color vs. two bosses) / maybe Boril costume (extra riposte)

Benched 4*: Li Xiu (weak against 2 bosses, though the mana cut is nice), Wu Kong, Sonya normal (nothing to dispel), Valeria (no healer bosses)

Benched 5*: Aeron (the cleanse to flanks is niceā€¦), Aegir (meh, considering I have Boldyā€™s costume), Joon (aw, that firepower), Rana (would have been great vs. Tuck), un-maxed Leonidas, Justice, Richard

Serenity is the one Iā€™m worried about. The rest seem fairly doable, and ones with 2x Hansel or Proteus will be fairly easy, I think.

6 Likes

Holy smokes! Kudos @sleepyhead, you have given this infinitely more thought than I have! :rofl:

Seems like you have multiple Hansels and Proteusā€™ ā€¦ Proteii? ā€¦ whatever. Those will be huge in this challenge. A fair chance that some of these come down to the Hansels and Hans-nots. Zing!, youā€™re welcome.

I am using mostly vanilla 4ā€™s. Atlantis was not kind to me, only Danzaburo and Ameonna for 4ā€™s. I have managed Buddy and Gretel though, which is good. S3 I have Fura. I also JUST got Guillinbursti, but he is so new he likely wonā€™t be ready. I am so pumped to have a yellow healer though eventually. He is Druid so I have other healers for those trials for now.

4 Likes

lol @Muchacho, I had a half hour between work calls, and nothing that I could reasonably complete in that half hour, so here we go.

and yup, despite my FTP -ness, I have been blessed with two Hansels and two Proteii. Should be a big help - thatā€™s 4 of the Trials down. On the other hand Iā€™ve been majorly punished for the Serenity one soā€¦

Gretel especially, and Buddy, will both we great. And yeah, at least you have Melendor (probably?) as a healer for the Druid trials. Danza at least is strong color against the bosses in the Trials heā€™s eligible for, sadly Ameonna is notā€¦

ā€¦ and the vanilla 4*s are a good bunch anyway :wink:

2 Likes

I can already tell that you guys are both going to kick my ā– ā– ā–  hereā€¦ LOL.

4icwmq

4icwvl

@Muchacho Noor and Freya worked really well in the Trial! So well that I put them into this weeks raid tournament defense ā€¦ where they are getting beat up lol. But definitely a cool pair for maps and multi-level battles where you get time to set up their minions.

@sleepyhead WOW! You make me feel positively lazy at giving 0 thought to this beyond ā€˜Challenge Accepted!!ā€™ :joy: I did use a lot of 4s during the vanilla challenge, so Iā€™ll probably use that as a starting point and build from there.

My vanilla teams were:

Trials of Piety (Monk/ Cleric) - Vivica, Joon, C.BoldTusk, Boril, Wu Kong

Trials of Decimation (Wizard/ Fighter) - Kiril, Magni, 3/70 Isarnia, Elena, Colen

Trials of Nature (Druid/ Ranger) - C.Rigard, Caedmon, Tiburtus, C. LittleJohn, 3/70 Kadilen

Trials of Shadows (Sorcerer/ Rogue) - C. Viv, 3/70 C. Isarnia, C. Li Xiu, Scarlett, Sabina

Trials of Justice (Monk/ Paladin) - C.BoldTusk, C. Tiburtus, Joon, Li Xiu, Sonya

Trials of Strength (Fighter/ Barbarian) - BoldTusk, Magni, Elena, Grimm, Colen

Trials of Fortitude (Druid/ Cleric) - Melendor, 3/70 Kadilen, C. Sonya, Boril, Caedmon

Trials of Mysticism (Wizard/ Sorcerer) - C. Viv, Kiril, Sabina, 3/70 C. Isarnia, 3/60 Skittleskull (unlevelled costume)

Trials of Serenity (Paladin/ Ranger) - C. Rigard, C. Tiburtus, Cyprian, C. Little John, Sonya

Trials of Survival (Barbarian/ Rogue) - Grimm, C. Li Xiu, Scarlett, Gormek, Kelile

I think my elemental def downs - Jackal, Falcon and Almur will definitely come out to play. From S2, Proteus and Wilbur. Iā€™ve been working on some S3 4s, so it will be fun to try them out. And Mireweave ā€¦ she must find use somewhere! right? Right?!? Not holding my breath on her! (Sheā€™s not too bad for farming team tho!)

3 Likes

@Circe haha! i had some free time soā€¦ :slight_smile: and you have some great vanilla 4*s there, and some great non-vanilla ones to fill in the gaps! Proteus, Wilbur, etc. are all great choices!

and if you could do it with vanilla challenge, you can definitely do it with the 4* challenge!

1 Like

Lol @TGW ā€¦ This is more like a ā€˜participate, have fun and everyone is a winner!ā€™ challenge. At least thatā€™s how I see it! :slight_smile: If I need to break into the 5s to finish a trial, so be it. At least I tried :blush:

2 Likes

I just realised that Iā€™ve already done Serenity and Survival with only 4s during the vanilla challenge. Please tell me that counts!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

You gotta not be so hard on yourself. Your roster is pretty on par with mine, which is mostly vanilla 4ā€™s brining the thunder :wink:

I know for a fact some of these trials will go awful for me, but the challenge is more fun then putting a team out that beat it in record time, etc for the millionth time.

When in doubt 5 dragons, 5 bombs, 5 axes, and healing pots to make it that far :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL that totally counts, you shouldnā€™t have to do it again :wink: not unless you want to anyway

2 Likes

So these will probably be my teams:

• Strength (Barb & fighter): Grimm (+15), Grimm, Gretel, Gormek, Boldtusk

• Fortitude (Cleric & Druid): Gullinbursti, Lady Woolerton, Hansel, Hansel, Mist

• Mysticism (Sorc & Wiz): C-Kiril, Proteus, Merlin, Almur, Skittleskull

• Serenity (Pal & Rang): C-Rigard (+15), C-Tiburtus, Sonya, Triton, Captain of Diamonds

• Survival (Barb & Rogue): Grimm (+15), Grimm, Scarlett, Scarlett, Brynhild

• Piety (Monk & Cleric): C-Boldtusk, Lady Woolerton, Mist, Wu Kong, Sumle

• Decimation (Fight & Wiz): C-Melendor, Proteus, Merlin, Kiril, C-Caedmon

• Nature (Druid & Rang): C-Rigard (+15), Tiburtus, Gullinbursti, Gadeirus, Caedmon

• Shadows (Rogue & Sorc): Sabina, C-Kiril, Almur, Skittleskull, Peters

• Justice (monk & pal): C-Boldtusk, C-Tiburtus, Wu Kong, Li Xiu, Sumle

4 Likes

Nobody should feel bad about their roster - for one thing, actually getting a certain hero is luck. what you do with them thoughā€¦

now maybe someone should feel bad for, say, feeding away an HOTM cause forum peepz said that HOTMs s*cks, hehe :slight_smile:

I would say, be proud of what you are accomplishing with a relatively limited roster!

2 Likes

Haha I just went through my roster and if the next trial is sorcerer and wizard I IMMEDIATELY regret this decision! :rofl:

I was worried about even having 5 - 4*ā€™s as I had to keep scrolling down. :laughing:

Team will be (in no particular order):

Kiril +20, c-Melendor +20, Fura +18, Ameonna +1, and Skittleskull +1

Bench: Kashhrek +1

In terms of synergy, theyā€™re all better options than Kashhrek since since I have two healers already and they exist ā€¦ thatā€™s about the extent of it.

This will be one of the tougher trials, so :crossed_fingers:. I will be glad to have it over with! :+1:

3 Likes

@Muchacho Love this idea, Iā€™m in! In looking through my roster, my team will be Kiril +3, Almur +19, cMelendor +13, Proteus +6, Cheshire Cat. :joy: Wow, talk about punchless. This will be interesting and Iā€™m here for it. :+1:t2::sunglasses: @TGW I believe that you were looking for something fun and different to be a part of on the forum, well here it is. It just wouldnā€™t be the same without you. :grin:

2 Likes

Wanted it done with no emblem heroes and no items used so that was a success at least. However due to the restricted classes I couldnā€™t do what I hoped to do, to try it with rainbow classic heroes. Now not sure if any trial allows that. This one I had no red or yellow heroes to choose from at all so just went with the best I could bring instead. Proteus made it a bit too easy.

The team

Prepared the board for the last stage

End result

The team that I normally bring

6 Likes

Sabina - C. Melendor - Almur - Skittleskull - Proteus

Stacked 3-2 Green-Purple against red-purple mobs! First two levels were easy. Final stage just getting through mobs took 5 mins. Bosses took another 2.5mins. Ulmer went out easily. Balthazar next after firing about 3 times. Quintus fires once and died last. Played slow and cautious and it went better than I expected!

No items used and ended with all heroes at full health. Almur and Proteus were MVPs.

5 Likes