FAQs for the New Costumes released into Empires and Puzzles
Hi all, been seeing a lot of the same questions popping up about Costumes… SO! I’ve gone and made a FAQ for the costume release into the wild!
I’ll start off with these cool graphics which summarise all the current Costumes, comparing Before Costume Bonus, Vanilla WITH costume bonus and then the NEW Costumed hero. Can’t remember where they came from so… Credit to whoever made them, these are AWESOME!
Link to Levelling Up & Ascending A Costume - Costs, Materials & Experience!!!
Here are the top questions asked and answers.
0. HOW DO I GET COSTUMES???
- Put simply you summon a Costume PATTERN in the Costume Summon Portal (Graphic below).
- This portal opens when the Costume Quest appears (Same as Atlantis Portal opens when Atlantis Rises Opens).
- For the frequency of Costume Quests, check out FAQ #10 below.
- You can summon patterns one of three ways:
- Single summon by spending 5 Costume Keys.
- Single summon by spending 300 gems.
- 10x summon by spending 2600 gems.
- Summon rates are comparable to Hero Summon Odds.
- Rare = 70.0%
- Epic = 26.0%
- Legendary (Featured) = 1.5% (of getting one of 2 legendary costumes)
- Legendary (Non-Featured) = 2.5% (of getting one of the other 6 legendary costumes)
- NOTE ON THE ODDS!! Yes it appears that Featured Legendary has a lower % odds compared to the Non-Featured BUT if you break it down on a Per-Hero chance:
- Featured Costumes = 2. Thus 1.5% divide 2 = 0.75% chance of getting either of the Featured Legendary Heroes
- Non-Featured Legendary = 6. Thus 2.5% divide 6 = 0.4166% chance of getting one of the 6 other legendary costumes
- Note, as more Legendary costumes are introduced, the comparative liklihood of a Featured Costume will increase more.
Click for pictures
Costume quest and costume chamber portal:
Costume chamber summon costs:
Costume summon odds:
0b. I’m F2P or C2P, WHERE DO I GET COSTUME KEYS???
- Costume Quest Completion
- Right now, the only place you can get the costumes is by completing stages in the Costume Quests.
- This is a challenge structured similar to the Class Trials.
- You earn:
- 1x Key for completing a 2500 TP challenge,
- 2x Keys for completing a 3200 TP Challenge and;
- 3x keys for completing a 4000 TP Challenge
- 6 keys in total available per challenge
- the published frequency of the Costume Quests is in FAQ #10 below.
- It is my PERSONAL HOPE that Keys will be added to Mystic Vision, Monster and PvP chests and Elemental chests (Same as Atlantis Coins were).
- I also personally hope that the number of Keys you earn by completing the quests is increased… 6 keys is not very much really…
Click for pictures
Sorry, forgot to take a SS pre completion… Will update if someone can give me one? Table from @zephyr1s post Here
|Stage||Label||TP Recommended||WE||Costume Keys|
0c. How do I apply a costume???
- Good news is that it automatically applies!
- As soon as you get a costume that matches a hero/s you have in your Roster, it should AUTOMATICALLY apply the costume to all copies of that hero in your roster.
- Refer to FAQ #1 below regarding wearing & taking off the costume (toggling it). Note that this does not affect the application of the Costume Bonus (See FAQ #12 RE costume bonus).
1. My hero now is at 1-1!!
- yes, costumes must be levelled up too! (Didn’t think you’d get it for nothing…?) Note with levelling a costume that it is capped in ascension to the same point as the underlying hero.
- you can also toggle between the 1-1 costume and the normal hero! No progress is lost, just another path you can follow. Simply tap the hero in the roster and hit the arrow button on screen.
2. Levelling my costume?
- can be leveled the normal way by feeding heroes to it OR by feeding it costumes (this is new & unique)
- Levelling up a Costume requirements in the “Click for pictures” below.
- BUT! the highlights are that its quicker to level a Costume because:
- Increased experience!!
- reduced food cost per level
- Plus you can feed duplicate costumes (more below) for BULK exp.
- Some data updated in pics below. More to come.
Click for pictures
Total Exp requirements to Max a Costume:
Experience Gained by Feeding Heroes & Costumes:
Special Skill Increase Percentage:
Cost of Ascending (Material & Food Requirements):
Feeding a hero:
Again, will add a full graphic about levelling costumes when there is one
3. All my XYZ hero now have the costume?
- yes! What you summon from the portal is a costume PATTERN.
- Each heroes then wears a COSTUME OUTFIT made from this PATTERN.
- Each costume however must be levelled up individually. I.e. levelling costume a will not reflect/transfer onto hero b wearing the same costume
- NOTE AGAIN, levelling a hero costume is capped at the same ascension tier as the underlying hero… A 1-1 base hero cannot have a costume out of tier 1.
4. Changed class… What happens to my emblems?
- nothing! Nothing happens to the emblems you’ve already spent, they’re still on your normal hero (refer to 1 about the toggling)
- To be very clear about Emblems and costumes!
- A hero can ONLY get emblems from its original class.
- E.g. Normal Joon = monk, Costume Joon = Fighter. Can still only give nodes using MONK emblems, regardless of if it is costumed or not.
- Emblem effects ONLY kick in once the costume is maxed also!
- A +20 normal cleric Rigard will have +20 on his costume WHEN the costume also hits 4-70
- Emblem Path is inherited from the original Hero!
- So using +20 Rigard again, if you went L,R,L,L,L,R,L on normal Rigard, the costume emblem pathway will also be L,R,L,L,L,R,L…
- The path will be the same but the benefits at each node will change cause it’s a different class
- A hero can ONLY get emblems from its original class.
- Another thread has been started asking if you will reset/ change emblem paths because of the new Costumes. Link Here
4b. Why do the costumes change Class at all???
Best I can tell there are a two main reasons:
- Access to a different Class bonus talents.
- Changing from a Monk to a Fighter changes the talent from Withstand to Revive.
- This new talent may better suit the new costume play styles…
- Could also be viewed from a perspective of gaining access to a BETTER class/talent by spending the emblems of a WEAKER class (e.g. upgrading from Wizard to Rogue)
- Additional Versatility
- Primarily this is in relation to Class Trials! The new costumes will be usable in the costumes new class trials!!!
- Means you get extra versatility from the same hero, being able to compete in more trials…
5. Ascending my new costume?
- Yes! As you need to level the costume, you also have to ascend the costume
- BUT, like the levelling, the ascension materials/requirements are reduced!!! 4* and 5* costumes need much less in terms of non-farmable mats.
- Note again that the base hero must be fully ascended first, costing the usual amount.
6. Duplicate costumes?
- Eat them!!! You get a massive exp boost for feeding costumes. Similar to using a trainer hero.
- When feeding a hero and you have duplicate costumes, there is a new little tab when selecting the feeders which says “Costumes”
- Note with this, the game WILL NOT let you feed the last copy of a Costume so you don’t need to worry about locking heroes!
7. Costume but no hero?
- it’ll just sit in your inventory until you get that hero no sweat there cause it doesn’t take up any hero roster space.
- You can check these out at any time by going to Inventory & tapping the new Costumes tab.
8. In war, can a costume and not costume be used?
- short answer, no. It’s still just 1 hero with two looks.
* Link to my logic/ reasoning HERE
- Confirmed in another thread by a Beta Tester. Link: Is it possible to use a costume version of a hero separately in Alliance Wars?
- NOTABLE EXCEPTION: You can use a costumed and non costumed hero as long as you have two of that hero. If you have two Boldtusks, your defence could have a regular one and an Iron Chef costumed one, you just need to Level two of BT… One all the way to max, other to at least 4-1 with costume to 4-70.
9. I can’t use/change the costume, it says it’s locked?
- examples of why it’s locked would be in a war or tournament defence. Again it’s just one hero… Can’t wear two gowns at once.
- Think of it like an Alter-Ego… You can’t have Bruce Wayne and Batman in the room at the same time (parallel universe cross-overs excepted). Same you can’t have the same hero being both personalities.
- NOTABLE EXCEPTION: (as above) You can use a costumed and non costumed hero as long as you have two of that hero.
10. What is the Costume Rotation? How often will it appear? will there be different bosses & different stages like the Class Trials?
- Initial release indicates it will be open once a month. So pencil it in for either the the third Monday of each month (Stay tuned once it comes around again). - Link to release Info
- Regarding different bosses/ stages like Class Trials, its not yet known. It seems likely that there will be different types but again, stay tuned!!
- NOTE: I or a forum mod will update when more is known here!
11. Locking my new costumes? Could I accidentally feed my costume? Could I accidentally feed my costumed hero?
- Answer, NO! There doesn’t appear to be any mechanic to lock a costume BUT, the game won’t let you feed the last copy of a costume (Graphic hidden below).
- As for feeding a Hero who you’ve levelled a costume, well if you LOCK that hero, you can’t accidentally feed him (Graphic also below)
12. Base Stat bonus…? What gives???
First off, lets read the Costume Bonus description:
“Costume Bonus permanently increases the stats of the Hero AND their Costume. Bonuses can be increased by ascending and fully levelling up a costume of the hero”
So, couple things we can take out of that description!
- The costumes give an automatic boost to the base hero & costume hero stats as compared to the normal vanilla hero before you got a costume.
- This is demonstrated VERY nicely in this thread: Then & Now - Side by side screenshots for Costumes
- Initially, this stat boost IS NOT AT THE MAXIMUM available. It gets better as you level and ascend the costume through its tiers.
- This bonus is based on the BASE STATS of the hero. As it is applied to the hero card itself, any further multipliers (like troops or in game buffs) will be even better!!!
- It is permanent. This goes back to the fact that you can NEVER get rid of all the costumes from a hero. You can choose to not wear it/ use it but it will ALWAYS give you that buff in the stats
A note on the Costume Bonus needing to be levelled up, graphic below shows the progression of Costume Bonus with levelling up the Costume. RED text is estimated.