New cheating in AW

But I always thought that if people left, the points they got with their flags disappeared. Isn’t that the case?

Nope. Score stays regardless.

1 Like

Points stay but you lose chance on any loot.

When a player leaves in the middle of a war:

• Their score up to the moment they leave remains; it is not subtracted
  • They lose all remaining flags
  • They lose their war prize

If my alliance were losing, and I could in theory help them to win by leaving, this wouldn’t necessarily be a deterrent. (A Titan about to go down would potentially change the equation significantly:))

Since losing is effectively zero reward anyway, I would be happy to take that trade to give my comrades a chance for some ‘real loot’

Hopefully this strategy is being deferred effectively in other ways, as you mentioned earlier

There was no attempt to cheat in this case, I was the leader. I used all my flag (a grand 50 points) and left out of frustration. The others chose to leave after that, the strongest in the alliance, so killing the smaller teams would have been easier and worth more points. An easy win for the opponent. I apologize that my timing was poor but no harm was ever intended.

3 Likes

Hi all good buddy.

We heard the message come through.

In future just stick it out. It caused a great war to be a poor one for you guys, didnt need to be.

It however has placed focus on the obcious flaw in the game in situations like that.

Peace onto you!

1 Like

The optics of it were bad and we took it the wrong way too quick. I am really sorry about your old alliance and the way it went down. It was a fantastic war until tbat started happening. It’s all good and explained after the fact.
Best of luck in your game exploits and hope to see you again One day on the battlefield.

1 Like

I do understand your prospective. The Same happened to us early on…They started leaving until down to 4-5 players but all returned to alliance before war was even over. They tried to game the system but failed miserably!
Again my apologies and hope to meet you on the battlefield again.

Is this topic finished? Should I close now? :slight_smile:

Yeah pretty much … close thanks