Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Lol … that would be like trying to win a match from FC Barcelona … on my own.

4 Likes

how do you withdraw a defence team Mjollnir?

1 Like

in the prep phase you just go and take out the heroes from your def team, just like you can take heroes out of a normal team. (I presume it works like this, haven’t tested myself)

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @EvilSmoothie.

I knew i could be done in prep phase but I was looking for a way to withdraw my team during the war (without having to eat the heroes in my defense-team).

Uh, been playing the first rounds, and it’s going exactly like we thought it - straight into the crapper.

We tried to do a mixup to take down some powerful, but with only 4 players that didn’t even reach their top 5 an the rest on average 300pts under our adversaries it was a study in futility. So this failed spectaculary. If you think our 2* and 3* will turn this tide, I’d tell you that that is highly unlikely.

3 Likes

Since some said this matchmaking was tested in Beta: it wasn’t. There are not enough players in Beta for properly testing matchmaking anyway.

In theory, this doesn’t look bad:

But apparently 27 vs. 30 wars happen, and sometimes between rather unequal alliances. So I’m not sure if the algorithm is working well for all matches. We the players have little to no way of testing it.

A small improvement might be to weight more the top 5 heroes of each player (to account for defense team strenth). This was suggested somewhere above in this thread.

4 Likes

We’ve had great, close (enough), consistent matchups under titan score. Only imbalance was team member count. It’s early, but we are SMASHING our opponent, AND our titan score is within 3k…which is interesting given the switch. So in theory they should rage back at some point if it is top 30 but we’ve hit about the same and we are +700 in score.

Ours is even worse. Currently 1745-750 all but 7 of them over 3100 power. We have 3. All of them playing for almost a year with 4* troops level 6 and up. Our team has 8 members with half a year in game or more and lucky to have any 4* troop.

2 Likes

So just as a follow up…my alliance is, rather predictably, getting slaughtered today.

Same here. I think they really want us to stop playing the wars … or maybe pay them for propper match-ups.

2 Likes

Like sheep to the slaughter lol. My alliance was obliterated by a team who averages 2000 cups to our 800 cup average lol.

2 Likes

Our team is also being slaughtered right now. Almost half way through and they have double the score. I’m ready to try to convince my alliance to boycott war. It’s no fun. We are unevenly matched, we can’t strategize anymore (yes it was strategy not cheating as it helped with an evenly matched team but not one that could kill our top players in one strike), and to top it all off, the loot isn’t really worth it.

8 Likes

Right. The matching is so pity
Team power over 3300:
Enemy 17 teams vs us 10 teams

Team power between 3300 and 3000: Enemy 7 teams vs us 9 teams

Team power below 3000: Enemy 6 teams vs us 11 teams

So … we are losing t…

1 Like

This Is a good suggestion. As you point out, the defense team is disproportionately important.

2 Likes

I agree with this… if we have a nice bench of 4* heroes and fight a team that is all fully leveled 5* heroes… we wont last long with those arrows wrecking havoc… hopefully they have accounted for that. But both my main accountant and my alt accounts alliances have been slaughtered this round and we went better than 50/50 before.

SpawnsHell was 9-6 and had 2 uneven match ups before, one in our favor one against. This has been an even bigger imbalance than before.
They are plus 3300 titan, plus 17000 cups.
Over 3k first teams. Them 11 . us 2. They have 11 players with all 5* heroes and 4* troops. We have ZERO. Average in game time for them 227 days. For us 67 days. Their 4* troops are 10 or better… What a freaking joke.

Bertus - Petris quote is exactly what you’ve asked for. Here’s his quote

Hello, we compare the Top 30 strongest Heroes of each player, when the matchmaking occurs for the Alliance Wars now.

That IS the best 30 heroes of each player, not simply 1 hero.

I’m curious if anyone knows where the +/- percent, or point, difference between the alliances is set in the matchmaking?

no idea
But we are also getting slaughtered.
4181 to 5014 ATM.
Somehow, this is not very enjoyable.

But then, the rewards are crap anyway…
So much for the “nice, exciting addition to the game” that some people seem so happy about. Bleh …

Only good aspect:
Our leader made a war chat in line for our two alliances, and the two alliances spent most of last night drinking virtual german beer and prosecco and joking around.

I also met a very nice guy whom I had seen on the forum. :slight_smile: Nice to meet you, @bluenoser!

So that aspect was fun. The actual war itself sucked big time for us.

5 Likes

Okay, am I running into a “English isn’t my native language” issue here or what?

So the matchmaking -is- based on the sum of 900 heroes for a 30 member alliance. Somehow I misread that to be just a sum of 30. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I must make some much needed edits here and there. :blush::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like