Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

@mhalttu
@Quazyx

First
Is war score a variation on titan score?

Because titans have fixed attack stats, defense stats and HP but alliances change all the time.

Second
Yes and No on using Elo’s math.

One way to deal with people changing alliances and faster response using Elo’s original math is War Medals, which solves the individual player boycott problem ( boycotting results in 0 War Medals) but still suffers from the same problem as Elo’s original math if people deliberately tank ( skipping a war against a very strong opponent to lower you War Medals or a team Elo based score or whatever Elo based number is used ).

The forum is full of war anti tanking suggestions (see Notes) but in the end this is a game.

If international sports federations with millions in funding and decades of experience cannot stamp out tanking, SGG probably will not succeed ( but if they do, big bucks in licensing).

Also, what looks like tanking to the injured party may something else for their opponent- real life getting in the way, misunderstanding of rules/ strategy/ tactics, or just a cultural difference in how games are played.

Third
Some people on this forum want live raiding without realizing live raiding means no rerolling raids with food. War is a perfect example of the player frustration that can result from initial match, no rerolling PvP. Though how you could add rerolling to war is a question beyond my abilities.

@FraVit93

If implemented I would prefer a permanent toggle “Always participate in war/ never participate in war” with second toggle “Join next war/ skip next war “ that resets after each war based on the first permanent toggle.

Example
Default Opt out ( first toggle) always resets the “join next war/ skip next war” to “skip”

While a default Opt in ( first toggle) always resets the the “join next war/ skip next war” to “join”

That way you have a default preference and a next war preference.

If I love war, but am going on vacation- I can change the first toggle until I return from vacation.

If I am in court Wednesday- I can change the second toggle to “skip”. But my default toggle will auto select “join “ for Saturday.

==Notes==
Chest for always attacked war defense teams link

Modifying Wanted Heroes mission chest link