New Ability: Time Inversion

After picking up a Guardian Owl a little while ago, I started looking around for tips on how best to use him. Instead, what I found was a general consensus that he is one of the worst (if not THE worst) heroes in the game due mainly to his very slow mana charging. A bit more digging confirms that, with a few exceptions, the faster-charging heroes tend to find more use than slower-charging ones.

With that in mind, I propose a new type of special ability for maybe a future HotM: Time Inversion. Simply put, the charging speed of everyone in the battle (including the caster, allies, and enemies) would invert for a few turns:
-Very Fast becomes Very Slow (and vice-versa)
-Fast becomes Slow (and vice-versa)
-Average would remain as is

I can think of quite a number of uses for something like that, but I can also see it potentially being far too unbalancing as well. What do you think?

I agree that it could be interesting, but something like that would by definition have to be very slow charge speed. So in other words you likely could not fire it until a point similar to guardian owls time. I am uncertain about coding for this, but from my perspective it would likely be a nightmare to code switching around values for Mana for all (up to ten) living heroes in the battle.

At the end of the day it seems too resource intensive and too potentially game breaking if a special of this magnitude were implemented.

It’s an interesting concept. Maybe a good idea for a battle item. I know there’s limited utility there since it can’t be used in many game modes…

Yeah it would have to be a slow charge. And at that point… is it really going to be enough to swing a battle…

What might work to try to punish the Fast meta is an ability that says:

• “all heroes with Fast mana lose 100% of their mana, and can not gain mana for ~2 turns”

I would make this character fast, so he’s making himself not able to gain mana for 2 turns :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

well, I would be terrified of facing a fast-charging Azlar or Isarnia :slight_smile: