Never use TC20 for storage

You got an Alby, Hel, and Alasie (all HOTM) from a TC20??

:wink:

5 Likes

Actually, for my p2p self, I use tc12. The argument is storage. I use a tc20 one session at a time when not feeding a hero.

not from tc20 lol

i maxed them using resources i had stored in tc20

stay on track with OP thread lol

1 Like

Maybe you would like to edit your title? Youā€™ve got a good point that TC20 is a specialized, mid-game strategy, but the ā€œNeverā€ in your title claims more.

5 Likes

i do need to get a few things straight:

• i have never handed this strategy out to new or newer players

-this strategy is best used once you have 6 rainbow war teams that are 4* or higher

the gain vs tc13 is simple. for me itā€™s not about the comparison in resource cost, itā€™s the fact that i will have to let at least 1 tc20 training finish no matter what and would rather have a chance at a 5* over no chance at all if Iā€™m goin to spend relatively same amount of resources and time anyways

The provacative title should draw readers to what is a good explanation of tc20 and storage.

And congratulations on moderatorhood.

There can be value in a provocative title, but if what you are really saying is, ā€œNever use TC20 for storage unless you would like some 4* and 5* heroesā€, then I think you might have crossed the line from provocative to misleading.

Your points are entirely valid for players who have no need for any of the 4* and 5* heroes a TC20 might produce. I suspect that is quite a small group.

4 Likes

Lucky old world, I am a group of one

I thought this was obvious from the discussions prior to @Brobb and co coming into the picture.

If Iā€™m not mistaken Iā€™ve seen you around @Bud , havenā€™t I, saying the same thing ie. ā€œNEVER USE TC20 AS STORAGE!!ā€ in another thread where this issue was discussed?

i just dont fully understand the argument to be honest. if newer players dont have tc 20 then using tc13 should be obvious, but if they have option between the two then i dont see a strong argument for not using 20.

Might have. Iā€™m old, so memory may have failed me. Or, I just may have started a thread of its own.

My thought which was probably obscured by myself was that new players often see posts that tell but donā€™t explain.

i see. so maybe this advice when given, should specify which group of players get best use out of this? cause i agree with that

I believe the ā€œargumentā€ revealed that. My only hope know is players, especially the new ones, will read it through and then fit it to their needs. A careful reading will show who can benefit, and how to evolve the strategy as their needs change.

I skipped most of the comments again but to reply to your first post.
It depends on how active you are at grinding. If you grind alot and you get more recruits than you can handle (I am assuming you can house over 100 recruits), obviously you dont wanna waste them and save it all up at the tc20 especially when you try to train legendary heroes. You get to save up the 100 recruits and store them there.

When you need to level certain heroes and you can use the extra fast training for 1* heroes and swords to level up faster then you need the recruits more than ever. Every hero takes 1 min/1 rugged cloth/2 recruits and 2k ham (dont remember). Untrain a legendary to regain the 100 recruits can train 50x1* feeders and I am assuming you would have enough of the training mats. That is the key to storing recruits with the tc20. For most of us veterans, ham is never an issue if you have maxed out all your windmills/farms and you raid often enough.

Thatā€™s my 2 cents on storing recruits in your tc20 with legendary training.

The only thing to add is that for new players, this strategy wont work yet as you wont have enough resources and materials. But when you have reached a certain plateau, it works wonders. Hardcore players can max out a 5* within a day (I am obviously not one of them).

1 Like

I think this has been covered in other responses but since you asked me this directly Iā€™ll respond. There are no 3* heros I donā€™t have that TC12 produces. So thatā€™s a waste. There are 2 4s I dont have that TC13 can produces, not very good odds. There are many 5s TC20 produces (along with those same 2 4s) that I would love to have. The only above average TC20 5 I have is Joon. Or maybe Obekan depending on your opinion of him. So to me TC12 and 13 would be a waste of resources.

Also food isnā€™t really a concern. I havenā€™t needed food in a very long time. Any ā€œstorageā€ I do is pretty much only about the recruits. Sure I need food when I pull out resources in my TC20 to fire up TC2 or 19, but the slight differences you stated about food per recruit is irrelevant to me. The only reason I responded to you was you called a perfectly fine strategy for many players dumb. That is my only issue. Not what works best for you. You didnā€™t qualify it in any way and used mildly insulting language. Thatā€™s all. At the end of the day itā€™s a game that I and I assume most play to have fun. Some players donā€™t necessarily use the most efficient methods, they use the most fun. Like pumping all resources into 1 new great hero vs going rainbow progression. One isnā€™t dumb, just a little less efficient. But if thatā€™s more fun for the individual player I would never call it a dumb strategy. To each their own my :slight_smile:

Oh and maybe this dates me a bitā€¦but everytime I see you post all I hear in my head is Sean Pennā€¦Hey Bud, whatā€™s your problem? And it makes me chuckle lol.

3 Likes

Ok. I have been in no rush getting to tc20. Honestly so somebody gets a 5* without proper time and experience they wouldnā€™t even know best how to utilize the hero. Theyā€™d be seeking advice. Seriously what part of have patience isnā€™t understood by other people. I just donā€™t understand.

I have 4 TC20s now, no regrets as I desperately need more 5*s and my other heroes arenā€™t worth levelling quickly

2 Likes

Getting recruits is pretty easy; if you have time to spare, you can try S2 15-9 on normal mode, which gives about 20 recruits for one run. Almost as good as rinsing and repeating S1 8-7 although obviously not an autobattle stage for most players like the latter is.

With all those recruits, I donā€™t really know what else Iā€™d do with themā€¦ I kinda need to expand on my 4 stars, and would welcome any 5 star. So yah, to TC20 they goā€¦ I can always pull them out and start TC19 when need be.

BTW my training camps are 20, 19, and two at 11. I use the 11s still since theyā€™re so cheap, until I get my farms upgraded, then Iā€™ll get both of them to TC20 and run 3 + have the other one at 19.

The problem you will have, if I read post right, is storing multiple training sessions in tc20. If you pop a 5, the tc has started another training session automatically. This means waiting two days or stopping the session and easting recruits/resources.

If you put all in, say, tc11, then when the 5 pops up you have two tc19s that you simply move recruits to from tc11. No muss, no fuss.

Also, when tc20 gives you a non-5* hero, just pull 100 recruits from the stack in tc11.