Never too many healers ? Colen vs Boldtusk

Hi. Its about getting him at max level and putting emblems on him.

I was leveling Colen . He is at 3/50 right now .
Cons of him? That awful defense .

What happen with boldtusk? I really like him , hes one of the BEST 4 star around but he came late to me.
I mean look my roster and they are all healers
Melendor , Sabina (maxed) , Rigard , Kashhrek and now if i max boldtusk i will have healers for all colours except blue .

My point is Who is going to do the damage?
I hve Sonya , Hu tao, tiburtus, Gormek , Joon (not even in his third ascension level) and little John …
I think im seriously lacking of punch and colen would be a great addition… But thats my point of view. Id like to read different opinions and advises

3 Likes

Do you have any other reds than Gormek?

Do you run rainbow squad normally?

1 Like

BT is a main stay in the game, in my opinion. He’s invaluable in a red stack and works so well eith other heroes, like Wilbur.

He’s also an excellent tank. I have two BT maxed with emblems and use them on my attack teams for war.

I don’t use my Colen, but that’s just my inexpert opinion.

4 Likes

A meagre 5 healer. You need six fully functional team for AW which should consist one healer in each team.
Colen tucking in the corner does carry more weight in platinum but BT is the best all rounder. A +18 BT is a common sight in lower diamond but not Colen.

3 Likes

My reds are
Grazul gormek colen X2 and boldtusk
I use Rainbow for raid or war defense
For offensive i usually stack colors

1 Like

Im not even close of diamond. Im low gold right now around 1500 trophies max.
I dont do much raiding…
But yes, i agree, BT is a better hero overall than colen

1 Like

I wouldn’t max yet another healer in your situation. Sabina/Rigard/Melendor are more than you need in advancing the map, quests etc.

You need hitters to leverage survivability provided by the helears. No point in surviving when you can’t take anyone down.

BT is amazing but I would pause him to finish Colen first in your position. That is if your goal is to be better in regular defense, map progression, rare quests etc.

If your focus is War Score and raid offende against green tanks (are there that many though?) I would consider BT for slight advantage (the question is who beside Gornek would take advantage of that stack…).

It goes without saying that BT is better hero than Colen. You will find him useful much longer. But you are correctly interpreting your current position. Too many healers. You need hitters, even if average tier.

7 Likes

Thats a good point bunny. Im not trying to justify my position with peple who think the same but dude your point of view certainly helps me to take the decision to max Colen.
The emblem thing can wait i think. Maybe unlock some nodes to improve colens defense but nothing that would be a significant loss for future boldtusk.

Thanks for your support.

Boldtusk at 3/60 is usable too right? for rare quest and event

3 Likes

He is, his attack buff and heal power are the same as on max (assuming you manage to max his special), he might be dying easier (so won’t make it to your defense) but that’s it.

1 Like

In my honest opinion, I would max BT first and put emblems on him. He is superb. I would then max Colen, but only give him one emblem. He will be of help in the trials. Good luck

1 Like

BT is more than just a healer. In fact, as a healer he pales compared to Rigard / Sabina / Melendor / …

I think of BT as primarily an attack buffer with healing as an added bonus. Same with Kiril.

1 Like

Normally I’d say to max Boldtusk first and then Colen.

But you don’t have much firepower and Colen is far too squishy to be used at 3/60. So I would say to max him first and then BT,vas you have abundance of healers.

The only problem is that Colen benefits greatly from attack boost, it’s the downside of not maxing BT first. Sure, you could always bring BT to 3/60 (hopefully with his special at 8/8), but I honestly don’t know if it’s serviceable

2 Likes

Sadly i have spent 8 hidden Blades along my Gameplay . If i wouldnt do that today id be able to Max both .

I used the Blades to Ascend grazul (at that time my only red ) and recently gormek

1 Like

Don’t regret it, it’s always better to max a hero you can actually use rather than waiting for something that may never come. Also because Boldtusk-Gormek-Colen make a nice combo

4 Likes

Colen ain’t that bad there is a whole thread about it :wink:
I maxed my Colen and gave +7
I use him a lot on raids and titan hits plus if can pull a falcon them 2 work good with each other!
I’d say worth given mats too!

2 Likes

Of course, BT is the better choice on the long run. I use him on every red stack and I never for one moment thought about resetting his +18 fighter emblems, even if I could use them elsewhere any day.
Up to some point in the game, Colen also is good choice. For a long time I raided far above my station using BT + Wilbur + Colen against green tanks. Still, nowadays, you frequently meet very strong defense teams lurking in high platinum, with heroes that will eat Colen for breakfast…
Max them both, priority level depending on your own game status and preferences. Blades are not that rare, more will always come in time.

2 Likes

Thing is that i have one HB. If there is an offer in the near future containing hidden Blade in the Christmas calendar i will take It.

So i Will be able to max one . Is not an easy decision though

1 Like

BOLDTUSK, all day with emblems. Colen is Slow, BT is average. Put emblems on BT.
You definitely have decent healers. Emblems on Rigard and Melendor.
Keep going with Colen, but ascend BT, before Colen.

1 Like

Look at colen with emblems . Close to azlar i think

2 Likes

Who all do you currently have maxed (or ascended to final tier)?

2 Likes

Cookie Settings