Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

I don’t think she should be nerfed. She was my first 5* hero that helped me be even remotely competitive with some of the more powerful players. Otherwise, you’re just creating a system where there is a strong divide between the players with the most stacked teams and the newer/weaker players.

I agree with what you are saying here to a point.
And with regards to point 3, yes you are spot on. Players in the forum were shouting about a great new green tank and how they were saving pulls for when Telluria was released as HOTM.
But most of all, I agree that rather than have all this focus on one hero, SG need to look at how they balance things out in the whole. Particularly with the old S1 heroes. Some of these are completely redundant in my eyes, in particular the slow ones. And putting costumes on these doesn’t necessarily make them that much more useful when SG release so many new fast / very fast heroes.
You have created a tiered system in the game between those that have and those that don’t. And those that play for free, or cheap or spend big.
The game can be addictive and it gets very competitive. In order to keep up with the Jones’s players will Chase new shiny heroes leaving the old team member’s lying idle on the bench. So let’s keep competition healthy

I get it, but i already removed the wings telluria has to have some sort of a team behind her. My non emblem classic 5s as flanks arent really going to prove anything especially with the way cups work when you need 4/5 wins just to break even in cups. I think removing vela so reds don’t get punished will just result in yolo red stacks coming at me and winning more often.

There’s so much you can’t prove with just looking at cups and in the watchtower and I don’t think even my first day video definitively proves much. You don’t know who attacked or what teams they had. The weak WINGS probably enticed so lowbies who just avoid telluria to give it a shot as well. There’s just so much you don’t know when analyzing this.

8 Likes

I can test a team without Vela flank… I just started testing my current defense of Alice+20, Gravemaker +20, Telluria +19, Vela +20 and Kingston +19. I want to track that for about 3 days.

Then I can switch to something like Drake (unemblemed), Gravemaker +20, Telluria +19, Alasie +18, Kingston or Jabberwock +19. Guin is the only emblemed yellow I have, or I can put in the emblemed Alice in the left wing.

This is the limited info I track :slight_smile:

Had the wrong mana troop info on Alice…I only have 1 30 mana blue :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Competitve how…??

I keep hearing this but anyone has yet to elaborate

Better than nefing her or buffing others would be some kind of tank rotation in raids as well as at war.

Could be randomly given to each player (both say weekly) and would solve several issues.

No mono tank color wars.
Much more raid diversity.
Need for different def strategies.
Not all emblems on 5 heroes.

Maybe also in combination with selectable team formations.

Increase of fun for everyone. :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

thank you @Petri both for the reminder (I have tried helping people develop teams and strategies for beating Telluria and been called every name in the book on here lol) Also thank you for continuing to take our feedback as to balancing.

My perspective, it is not that Telluria herself is unbalanced, It took a while but I have developed a fun team that has a decent win rate against top telluria teams…for me its that raiding itself is now unbalanced in that the overwhelming majority of top tanks now run Telluria…and it just isnt fun to raid any more. I have spent a lot of resources building up different players and teams because, for me, it was fun coming up with the different teams to combat different tanks…but it is stagnant now. What purpose to raid, other than fill chests, if EVERY raid, is the same Defense and same offense against them. I used to raid A LOT and now only do it really to fill chests or test someone out. Seriously, I am considering leaving the game and focusing on other things after Fables, because I just do not have fun raiding with same team every time.

28 Likes

I agree with your first 3 thoughts sleeper. Beta testers did feel she was fine once her mana gen down was lowered from 4 turns to 3 turns.

Perhaps we should’ve pushed for harder nerfs, but we had just gone through the whole J.F. story … we all know how that turned out :roll_eyes:

I am going to point something out here though;

Guinevere was released with +94% dark defense, and players did endlessly complain about her back then (in fact, this whole “nerf Telluria” thing is eerily similar to the Guin rants).

She eventually did get nerfed to what she is now:

Not to step all over your post, but I think it only reaffirms a lot of feelings players have that Telluria should be nerfed :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. – I’m indifferent to a nerf myself. I just want to ensure that no spots are missed in the story about the Guinevere tank meta.

8 Likes

So my Malosi comment was totally tongue in cheek and a joke. I wasn’t being serious.

And no, my comment was that there were misses abound with Telluria (beta, SGG, the forum, etc.), not that she passed beta so she shouldn’t be touched. So it’s the opposite of what you are saying.

1 Like

It seems this topic is no longer about the need Telluria’s nerf or not. It’s like the first signal that something is went wrong and that something needs to be fixed. And I think that 39% is more than enough for the SG team to take the issue into consideration.

1 Like

Just became a little bit monotonous, that could be addressed easily.

See my previous post.

Defense chooses between the 3 existing features. Offense chooses between 3 features one being the Chesh shuffle?

If you’re inactive, else you can swap it your way.

And all this just in order to adjust the game to Telluria?

I mean, if the solution to fixing Telly is to effectively remove tanks in a war, that’s kind of a major breakdown in the game.

No, to get overall diversity and variety for the core game play.
It’s been a long time like now, just with easier to beat tanks.
Guin, Kun/Ursl & now Telly.
Wasn’t much diversity at all for advanced gamers since ages.

3 Likes

So you supported her as/is and recommended buffing everyone to make that the new normal?

@GOON18
Dont you Think they try all the HOTM beta before they used it as HOTM .
All the beta’s are tried to see how good they are thats how some HOTM get fast mana and some average and some slow mana.
And the special skills as Well are redone.
You dont have Telluria but you have Gravemaker with very fast mana or vela with fast mana and alle the other special skills
So just leave Them as they are

I hope you don’t end up leaving. You’re such a positive force in the game.

5 Likes

I dont think Telluria is OP. She is ok by herself
She is OP when she’s got Vela on her flank

But how many players have both of them? Probably only the p2w and very lucky ctp and ftp. I dont think its fair to nerf a hero because its OP when pairing with anothe one

5 Likes