Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Where is the poll or thread for “Nerf Vela, remove her -54% attack of fire heroes and extra damage against fire heroes”? I want to place a vote.

Instead of nerfing telluria, break the OP synergy. The skills of vela stated above are precisely to protect green heroes and in the combo, telluria in particular.

I have been searching a discussion on this but to no avail.

7 Likes

I voted no in the poll. I don’t want Telluria to be nerfed. I have her. And no, I am not speaking now on behalf of all Telluria owners who voted no, we don’t even know who they all are. Please keep it civilised and be considerate of each other or people will end up attacking each other more than attacking the hero itself in game. Agree or disagree, you’ll still be good in my books as long as it doesn’t get personal. Last thing that is needed more of now don’t you agree.

I didn’t vote no because I have her in my defense and enjoy seeing people struggle against it. I voted no because I enjoy this long awaited game changing green tank that is finally here after years. Of course I like her on my defense, but I do also enjoy the challenge of facing her, I find raids and wars to be even more exciting again.

Despite that I enjoy facing her, I struggle too against her in raids and wars. I haven’t been playing with my eyes closed, of course she’s taken us to a less balanced phase of the game. But too much balance and neutrality kills the game too for many players. Don’t think I need to mention the names of the heroes that come to your mind…

I don’t believe nerfing Telluria is the best way to go from now on. Yes SG has the right to make changes to their product anytime, but that also happens on cost of players motivation for the game. I believe the best next step is to release a counter to Telluria, a hotm that’ll be available the same way Telluria was. A counter on a Seshat VS Guinevere level.

7 Likes

I also came on here to reply to Rigs but after writing a lengthy response and rebuttal to his comments, I read this and couldn’t agree more. Not worth my time and energy to try and have a conversation with someone like him. His comments just ooze with hyperbole and sarcasm.

2 Likes

Please please please tell me what mistakes I made that weren’t ‘chef-like’ and also show me all your raids and warhits ever, so I know you haven’t ever made a mistake…

1 Like

Exactly. I do believe that Ursena is tougher to deal with is because she counters holy heroes with the reflect skill but there are existing counters to Telluria in fire heroes. Telluria is very tough though.

They are both tough for sure, I loose against Ursena a lot, she forces you to fight with an off colour while Telluria you can stack red against.

1 Like

make the poll anonymous. problem solved

this is only for sg.
the rest, is just ‘hating’ human nature.

1 Like

Maybe.
What about Zeline+BK combo? On paper it is similar to Telly/Vela, but I do not have either BK or Zeline. (Although I have Telly/Vela/JF)

I think than Zeline/BK/Vela is also maybe borderline OP.

yep totally agree with you.

Yes, take her down… take her down to chinatown.

If anybody havent bleeding noticed yet is that EVERYBODY who rolled telluria are having telluria in tankspot on their defense team…
There is no diversity, there is no flavour, no preference…
Seeing the poll its pretty obvious that about 60% of the forum inhabitants rolled themselves a telluria in March.

I myself have put together a green blitz team for raiding conveniance and i usually pay food to reroll my opponent until i get a blue tank opponent.
Pre-march it was: Aegir-queen of hearts-black knight-Aegir-Guinevere-santa-onatel-vela-King Arthur-black knight and so on…
Now(april) it is: Telluria-Telluria-Telluria-Telluria-Queen of hearts-Telluria-Trlluria-Telluria-Telluria-Vela-Telluria-Telluria-Telluria-Telluria-Black knight-Telluria-Telluria…

If anybody have any doubts about telluria bein OP… do a 6/6 in Diamond arena and you will meet probably 4-6 telluriatanks.

/nerf oldschool!

4 Likes

Telluria is just a good and relatively accessible tank. Just saw Telluria +9 in platinum, nothing OP at all. Colen and Li Xiu (like +15 both, Li Xiu with c.bonus) cannot save her. Attack team:
Rigard, Tiburtus, JF, C. BT and Marjana.

1 Like

so true… telluria removed a lot of fun and enthusiasm from the game. SG has to be blind or too distracted by checking the bank balance to not see this.

i now raid with a certain team because all i see is telluria tanks and there are not so many counters accessible in the game. trying to introduce counters that would require you to spend more is just gonna backfire this time. i don’t know, maybe that will be for the best.

6 Likes

Completely agree with her needing to be nerded. Scroll through diamond and she easily accounts for 75% of tanks. Not much fun facing just one tank over and over. She either needs to be slow mana or have mana reduction taken away. She punishes anything less than a good board

3 Likes

I would like to change my vote! Lol I am only seeing Telluria tanks with vela flanks in around 75% (some days more) of the raids in diamond. There are really no counters to this team unless you are super lucky, or a whale that can afford to collect every hero. When emblems are addd to the mix, along with troops above 20-25, well…
I d not know the numbers, but I figure I’m an average spender, I have a budget and I pay for some monthly deals and packages, besides VIP. Still, I play with the vanilla heroes mostly, as they are most common and that’s my luck. I’ve gotten lucky, I have kunch, drake and grave & kingston. But that’s about the extent of my “better then average heroes”. I’ve made it into the top 100 before, and I’ve been playing for 2 years. There’s my background in a nut shell. Most of my friends and team mates are similar. But they are starting to leave the game, because they are frustrated over the growing rift between the whales and the little people. Can’t summon good heroes cause all you get is more vanilla ones, which we all got from tc20 ages ago. Can’t afford (or unwilling) to keep paying for such awful odds of success. (Don’t get me started on the ascension mats) The frustration coming to a head with Tell. And the constant failure of winning, even with decent boards. I’ve lost 2 team mates, and a couple of friends are shelving the game as one that has become too costly to keep up.
Perhaps more tiers are needed, lumping all those highest leveled folks together to bash each other with Tell,vela, grave and their lvl 30 troops. Lol I wish there was a way that they could be happy, feel challenged, and keep spending the bucks that keep the game growing. I can’t see where this is it. They easily beat anyone they fight, they rarely lose any raids when they are not playing. How is that fun for them? Unless it’s all about just being “better” cause they have it all, game wise. Most are really nice folks, they are frustrated too.
I don’t know the answer, but it’s only dividing the game more when there is such a strong and seemingly unbeatable synergy for the majority of players. Vanilla heroes can’t beat it. Yet that is all we face now. I’ve always loved a good challenge, and in the past that has paid off, guin, kunch, ursena…yes, difficult, but you did not see them in such high numbers, or with a synergy like described above.
I hope smarter people then me can quickly figure out what to do. In these days, we look to games to make us feel better, not more frustrated.
Any advice on which heroes to use, would be greatly appreciated. Keeping in mind, only season 1 heroes.
Sorry for the length.
Stay safe and sane!!

3 Likes

No slow, please. Slow mana will make Telluria terrible anywhere but on defence. Reduce mana slow - maybe.

I have much nicer idea. What if Telly will have 30% reduction, when all her allies alive (or her enemies alive), and then make 24% when 4 alive and so on. I think she will not become much worse, but she become more interesting.

Eh, I can riposte Zeline and she self destructs. She also doesn’t have a good method of regenerating hitpoints for herself or her team. Even with BK tanks, speed doesn’t become a necessity. Buff yourself, heal yourself, and riposte everyone else’s damage, or just concentrate tiles. BK Aegir Zeline or BK Vela Zeline really aren’t overly complicated to take out.

Edit: the other commonly referenced tanks, Guin/Kunch for example, in this thread were great or even best tanks of their day with minimal offensive considerations. If Telly needs average speed to be decent offensively then there should have been consequences for her viability as a tank… to the tune of 150-250 defense.

Vela also self destructs on Elena’s riposte. But Telly also slow cleansers down, yes.

Telly slows down Elena to the point where the riposte could kill Vela, but you’ve already lost the match or had such a good board the win is inevitable.

1 Like

How about, leave her as is, but add something like “nearby allies can not cast status ailments on enemies for x (2?) turns”?

That’d be aiming the Vela/GM synergy, but not destroying the hero itself that much… You could still run Vela/GM in the wing and try figure out other flanks not hurt by this.

5 Likes

As someone who monos with Elena it is generally Vela’s second attack that Elena will be involved in. It is hard enough getting Mits up in time for Vela.

1 Like