Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Was that supposed to be clever? It wasn’t. When the other heroes were released and added to peoples lineups, the average high cups did not go up.

A 100 cup increase is indicative of a major problem. Zero chance sg isn’t worried about it.

4 Likes

I like her to be OP because Nature deserved a top tank. Also I was sick fighting Ursena, Kunchen, Guin over and over again

18 Likes

They have in the past. But I dont think Telluride is overpowered either. Out of 14 times attacking her as tank, a few times with almost maxed emblems, I have lost once

7 Likes

Yes, the world will collapse and the universe will explode if more than 10 players get over 3000 cups at the same time.

5 Likes

I got my backside kicked the first few times I went up against a Telluria tank, and I still avoid them when chest filling, but when I’m burning spare flags between chests I’m getting the hang of beating them. Just not consistently enough to want to waste time/flags when a chest is involved. Yet.

2 Likes

They adjusted Guin after release… before that it was Athena, who was pretty broken. Boldtusk once… But then when they proposed a Zeline nerf and a 2nd Guin nerf, people complained, they listened, and they haven’t nerfed a hero since. It has been years. The previous ones were very early in the life of the game.

3 Likes

Maybe because nobody was broken. 14 with one loss isnt exactly screaming op

2 Likes

I don’t think she is OP either. I’m with you. I was just showing history of negative adjustments. It’s been a long time and I’d be surprised if they do it again after a hero is live and real money is dumped. It would be a bait and switch tactic.

2 Likes

But in the tos, the do reseve the rights to do just that. Doesnt mean you are not right, just more a customer pressure thing than bait and switch

Not expecting that they will. Don’t get me wrong.

Buff JF then lol, to face Telluria. Wish wish , wish

3 Likes

I think it’s great to see a new color tank in the top 5 or so. We will probably see the first ever green tank war field! I think it is adding some much needed flavor to the game to shake things up. Wait til the rest of the S3 heroes come out before people start screaming “unbeatable.” The game is always evolving.

13 Likes

Maybe change your strategy against Telluria instead of just claiming she’s op because you have problems with her.

That would be my first suggestion.

9 Likes

Lol lol lol. That’s it. I keep taking the same 5 heroes to battle. Telluria.

Could you be any more patronizing? Have 42 maxed 5*

If a major problem exists in your own mind, does not mean it is relevant to the reality of the majority?
The game is about challenges, and why worry about top players unless your trying for the top 10. Telluria is great for Defense, greater rewards can be gained from offence or titans …

3 Likes

If no Vela, stack red.

If Vela and no GM, stack green.

If Vela AND GM, stack purple or yellow.

If you don’t have a cleanser, don’t bring anything but VFast and Fast.

22 Likes

Wasn’t in my mind. That’s why I provided actual data.

Data is always subjective, depending on how it is interpreted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not being patronizing.

Most of the problem in this game comes down to bad boards, or player error. Doesn’t matter if you have 70 maxed 5*

The first thing you should always do is reassess your strategy.

People complained about Guin like this for over a year, while the rest of us found enough good strategy where she didn’t bother us.

Same for GM, or Ursena, or anyone else.

12 Likes