Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Can we try to summarize this thread? I don’t tihnk SGG will read all this … lol

Here’s my quick attempt at a summary:

COMPLAINTS

1. Telly has high def stats with paladin boost making the typical attacker use red stack (Note: Many red, green, blue mono/4-1/3-2 Team suggestions have been made)
  2. With GM-Telly-Vela(“GTV”), she slows mana before a typical (usually red stacked) attacker can ult making it difficult to recover from bad boards. It is her combination of specials at average manaspeed at issue.
  3. Vela’s “extra damage” and attack down hurt red stack and GM hurts green stack. Future meta may have more very fast DoT, so Quick Death and luck-based battles will only worsen.

OVERALL GAMEPLAY
1. Top Players: (Guess-estimate < 1% of playerbase but key loyal members of community)

• Wars: Concerned about Tank and Flank Diversity (full 30 GTV Combos) in Wars becoming monotonous. Not enough counters to make 6 anti-GTV teams. Too big of a change in a short period of time compared to past OP tanks and flanks
  • Raids: Deep enough rosters so Raids aren’t the problem although it may be monotonous
  • Leaderboard: Not many care about leaderboard? For those who spend, will likely spend for top heroes and counters, which will naturally pushes them to have top defenses and attack teams

2. Casual C2P/F2P: (Majority of playerbase)

• Wars: In the short term, they won’t be too affected because opponents won’t regularly have mostly max-emblemed Tellies with GM and Vela. Although, eventually, Telluria tanks may trickle down to more casual alliances.
  • Raids: Tired of seeing too many GM-Telly-Vela combos. Seems too difficult because lack of depth in roster (see Team Suggestions).
  • Leaderboard: Don’t care too much while in Platinum or lower Diamond

3. Newer Players: (New Growth for SGG and community)

• War/Raids: Not sure how to beat Telly. But if they pulled a Telly, they’ll rage quit :sweat_smile: if she’s overnerfed … just like stealing their Christmas present…lol

SUGGESTIONS

1. USEFUL!: Suggested Attack Teams (How do you beat Telluria in raids? and Telluria: Ender's TKO Tips On Defeating Telly )
  2. Break up GM-Telly-Vela synergy (rebalance trio to encourage more diversity)
  3. Nerf Telly (too many suggestions and may require an updated poll for specifics)
  4. Change War format and disincentivize specific tanks/combos/mono tanks (Possible ideas: War 2.0: Summary of Improvements )

POTENTIAL CHALLENGES:

1. Newer stronger heroes will be coming out anyways (likely to include Telly counters). Powercreep is inevitable. Rate of powercreep and some balance of heroes and colors is the issue.
  2. Green is lacking good tanks and already has the worst of the worst (Atomos and Margaret … cough cough), but also some of the best (Kingston, Eve, Zeline and Lianna are some of the stronger/most useful heroes in the game)
  3. Disparity between top spenders will continue to grow (this includes newer heroes and emblems) vs. classic heroes where people already invested their mats and emblems. Costumes aren’t enough?
  4. How to balance interests of all players and keep the game fun???

I’m sure I missed a lot but let me know!

15 Likes