Nerfing Malosi (April 2020 HOTM) ... OP against Telluria —> POLL IN POST #2

“even if he’s OP” makes it biased.

27 Likes

POPCORN FOR SALE!

36 Likes

It’s like asking

Do you like Frank?

• No, I hate his stupid face and the way he chews his food too loudly and how he’s a bad person

• Um, I guess he’s kind of ok

You’re basically projecting your opinion onto the people you’re polling.

26 Likes

How I voted for the secondary poll…

7 Likes

No, it doesn’t because that’s the premise of the poll as explained in Post 1. The question is whether he should be nerfed, even if he’s OP and that’s polling science.

Uhh didn’t OP post in general how he / she wished these polls stopped??

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure this polling method would be rejected by most reputable scientific journals.

6 Likes

tenor

22 Likes

That’s fallacious. If you take such a position, you could say the same about every other nerfing poll appearing on the forum. This one was carefully crafted.

Well, I saw such position was futile, so why not join, especially since it was needed, and we’ve all waited patiently?

I encourage you to point out which fallacy my argument fits under.

1 Like

Not to antagonize you — I’m legitimately curious:

Malosi was released exactly as he was last seen in Beta, and has been out since before you posted that a week ago.

What made you decide to start a nerf thread now, after calling for no more of them a week ago?

56 Likes

OH IT’S GETTING REAL NOW, y0!

15 Likes

This episode’s gonna be good, right?

9 Likes

The first post says how Malosi shuts down other heores, links to a video of how good Malosi is, and proposes a nerf.

The second post asks “Malosi should be nerfed?”

According to the first post… of course he should be nerfed! What reasons can we find in this topic to not nerf him?

That’s a biased poll (and not something different like a debate)

4 Likes

Lots of popcorn here.
What next?
Allow only Aife?

Folks, appreciate the Telly counter and calm down.

11 Likes

Someone just got salty over lacking arguments to defend Tellurias overpowerness in the light of her obvious game-breaking impact on the game, and think they are funny by projecting the focus elsewhere.

Well let me tell you, even if Malosi was anywhere close in OP’ness to Telluria (which he ain’t), I don’t mind who uses what in attempt to run my defense down, god speed to them. But I do take significant amount of fun from this game in beating all kinds of defenses in raids and wars by using variety of heroes, and being limited for most of the time now to facing mostly the same team and having to take them down with the same group of heroes over and over again, took a significant portion of that fun away. And I am pretty sure I am not alone in this sentiment.

17 Likes

I think he is joking right now and he opened this topic to ironize on Telluria’s topic.
I don’t think that Malosi is overpowered as:

• He doesn’t benefit from his class at all, Barbarian is one of the worst classes and it would benefit very few heroes (Black Knight, Miki) and this is still while attacking titans.
  • His natural immunity to negative defense status effect is handy but doesn’t synergyze with his build and purpose, unlike Kunchen, Seshat & Kingston that to me are the real winners.
    While other heroes have more or less useful immunities they aren’t as impactful as these three.
  • His effect is useful to bypass effects as Cleric’s/Poseidon’s immunity: ha having an effect different from a mana control it’s his perk. A Hansel-like or a Peters-like effect could have been stronger.
  • As Grazul he is very fast, unlike her he would just act on one target but this comes with a better effect: being the effect applied to a enemy he would be able to prevent him from applying positive effects to his team. Unlike Grazul his effect can be resisted by Monks and he damage a single target instead of healing all allies. He doesn’t hit too hard.

He hardcounters heroes whose specials has a lot of status effects but him being strong against some kind of specials isn’t the same as being overpowered.

I value him as useful and not as strong or weak.

21 Likes

That’s a legitimate question. However, people are entitled to have their opinions evolve based upon subsequent information, are they not? The subsequent information is that opposing nerfing threads on principle is futile, and the grading info video Anchor provided. So, this is as legitimate a nerfing question as any that has appeared, IMHO. If you’re going to argue one HOTM should be nerfed/buffed based on some OP ability, it is fair to inquire as to community sentiment as to Malosi’s ability against heroes that have been introduced at earlier times. Philosophically speaking, you could question whether any counter-hero, like Malosi, ever should be released. Now it may be legitimate to argue whether nerfing/buffing threads even should exist, but that’s a different question.

1 Like

I don’t think these threads are futile. It’s valuable to have discussions like this, and hopefully SG is listening. I don’t think that Anchor’s grades are the end-all-be-all of a heroes strength. Just because he says it’s OP doesn’t mean it’s actually OP

My whole point on the polling method was that a different set of answers would have been better.

Should Malosi be nerfed?

* He is OP and yes he should be nerfed
* He is not OP, but he should be nerfed
* He is OP, but he should not be nerfed
* He is not OP, and he should not be nerfed

You’re not forcing the “he is OP” opinion on people.

Philosophically speaking, you could question whether any counter-hero, like Malosi, ever should be released

I think that would make the game pretty boring. We’d all be facing Guin tanks, still.

11 Likes