Nerfing heroes

Im tired of the developers nerfing heroes! You pay good money for these cards and expect to have these cards as advertised. Why have beta testing and send the cards out to the public to purchase if they cant get it right in beta the first time? What is beta actually for then? So what do you call something that you purchase and you dont get what you paid for? I think its called fraud! If the developers cant make a product, test it, then send it out without being touched later then they have no business releasing these cards in the first place especially when people pay money! Thats just wrong and this issue needs to be addressed now!

25 Likes

Who got nerfed? Did I miss something?

3 Likes

Hero recall due to bad exhaust emissions :thinking: :wink:

5 Likes

Don’t nerf Aife!!!

15 Likes

You should demand a full refund!!

3 Likes

If you saw a beta card and said, “Yeah, that’s for me!”, you now know why sG not only does not advertise heroes pre-release but warns beta testers to NOT release that heroes beta stats and skills.

Whatever you are mad about, it is all your own

9 Likes

Always read the fine print. Here is a section from the Terms of Service that youg agreed to:

5.1. Purchases

In the Service you may purchase, with “real world” money, a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use (a) “virtual currency”, including but not limited to virtual cash or “gems”, all for use in our games and (b) “virtual in-game items” (together with “virtual currency”, “Virtual Items” ). You are only allowed to purchase Virtual Items from us or our authorised partners through the Service, and not in any other way.

We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any Virtual Items without any liability to you. The transfer of Virtual Items is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity, including but not limited to Small Giant Games, another user or any third party.

The idea that all content in the game must be static once released is unrealistic and unreasonable. Beta testing reflects our best efforts, but sometimes an unexpected interaction is found, or it becomes clear after telease that some hero is simply too good—or too bad.

Many more heroes have been buffed than nerfed, FWIW.

27 Likes

And, call it by its proper name: rebalancing.

Hurry Rev 20

2 Likes

Arguably this term imports an implied promise on SGs part to not fundamentally or significantly vary the stats or special of a hero (where a significant or fundamental change is defined as a change to a hero which is such that the gamer would not have paid real life money to obtain gems to in turn try for that nerfed hero had they known a nerf was on the cards) .

The term may import a concept of reasonable changes only and not significant or fundamental changes described above.

The clause might protect SG but it’s hard to say, there are always two ways of looking at it.

I don’t know a significant enough nerf that would fit into what I’ve described above.

1 Like

Just imagine an auto maker building a vehicle, selling it then recalling it, but not fixing or compensating for the issue… How would one feel to be out $20,000 plus because they “reserve the right”?

I hear you OP

5 Likes

My question to you and please don’t take it the wrong way is would you be complaining if they made one better then it is now? No you wouldn’t. So why complain when they change it at all. It happens.
You buy something but it isn’t like you want but you can’t return it. What do you do with it? You don’t use it or get rid of it. The same thing goes with the heros you have.

1 Like

Wrong. You pay money for gems. You got the gems you paid for. You put those gems into a slot machine, and don’t like the results, then don’t put in any more. Use your gems on something else.

7 Likes

This is a bit difference. In this case they said the jackpot would be worth 10K, and then they gave you 10K when you won, but then charged you a “surcharge” later so you ended up with 9.9K.

Dunno that I object to it, but that is the better analogy.

2 Likes

This is actually a lot of legal terms of art.

Translated:

We can do anything to anything you bought in the game and you cannot get your money back or file a lawsuit over our actions.

Having said that, this is a contract for a reason, they are trying to keep themselves out of legal pit traps.

In fact part of the contract says if anything is found illegal or unenforceable, the whole contract is not void. This allows them to insert language to discourage lawsuits when they may not be applicable in all jurisdictions.

This particular clause is almost guaranteed to be 50-75% legal worldwide, but it closes 99.99% of legal loopholes and keeps the contract from being the size of the Complete Oxford English Dictionary.

I personally would interpret as With Great Power Comes Great Accountably To Our Customers- or at least our tier 1 customer service representatives.

4 Likes

Who has paid good money for heroes with beta stats? I wasn’t aware that this was an option.

2 Likes

I think he may be trying to ask why would they have beta for testing when it sometimes seems that they use the masses for testing the balance of the game. Not that he is/was a beta etc. Not 100% sure on that, but that’s my interpetation.

1 Like

No hero has been nerfed in live play that I am aware of since Guin or Athena. Both of those were a long time ago and both heroes are still amazing. There have been buffs to Kelile, Leonidas, and Quintus that I recall.

If one is mad that leaked content is not what is released live, what is there to be upset about?

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from.
You see a hero you really want, $BUY gems to get that hero cause the stats are just what you want.
Then BANG! they knock it down to what no longer impresses you.
An appology with some fitting compensation would be nice. Because you’ve now used valuable ascension items on something that you no longer want.

1 Like

Example? I can’t recall a change to hero stats of any released hero.

1 Like

Nor can I. I was only trying to interpret the OP. I am also assuming the OP was not referring to leaked content, unless I missed something earlier in the thread.

Cookie Settings