Nerfed Alberich

Is alby still viable in titan attacks because before i would start him with a full mana spell and keep my teams mana going fast…

My game stats show Alberich as my most powerful hero. I have both Alberich and Hel fully ascended.
I agree with @ Resol that his recent nerf is non trivial and should be recended.

The recent reduction in Alberich’s abilities do not affect my willingness to put him in the line up at all. Not even a little bit. Do I wish that he had not changed? Yes. Does it bother me a little bit? Yes. Is he still the best option nearly all of the time? Yes. That means that the changes were probably warranted.

His mana speed got nerfed 2%, you would barely notice a difference

To be more complete for how Alby worked and how this nerf impacts him.

The other way to think about it is pre-nerf Alby accelerated attackers by exactly one additional tile per turn for 4 turns, and raid defense it can be thought of as one additional turn per turn (ignoring mana gain from tile damage).

Using the raid attack example since it’s easy for anyone to test on map by counting tiles, taking a fast hero which needs 8 tiles without absurdly leveled mana 4* troops, if you are charging over 4 turns you needed to match 4 tiles (non-ghosted) to charge them; 3 turns 5 tiles, 2 turns 6 tiles, 1 turn 7 tiles with Alby buff up.

A 20% nerf doesn’t sound like much but with the way rounding is done it basically adds an additional tile to all these metrics:

5 tiles in 4 turns, 6 tiles in 3 turns, 7 tiles in 2 turns, and a full 8 tiles in 1 turn.

Can do a similar exercise with other speed heroes but this nerf basically adds an additional tile across the board on attack… or an additional turn on defense, across the board again for every hero when it comes to mana regeneration.

Better than the original 50% which would’ve reduced it by 2 tiles/turns, but still a meaningful impact when it comes to raid defense which is presumably what the nerf was all about.

2 Likes

Is ably more beneficial in titan attack then bringing in a 2nd or 3rd attacker of the double damage tile color?

On average no; probably not even in the majority/all of the situations since you can solve mana speed issues with mana potions anyway and pretty much everyone who is fighting 10*'s and is using items, brings mana potions to get massive hits.

If you are talking lower level titans where the item use is less and there’s less damage incoming, that’s a more interesting discussion when it comes to consistent buff uptime with respect to average damage; however, since by far the #1 damage output on titan hits is from tiles, a mana speed buff doesn’t directly do much unless it allows for more say Athena/Wu/Bold uptime among others.

I have no doubt that it does, but generally your window of max tile damage isn’t that long anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice revelate.
I usually am facing 7 star titans
And always bring wu,bold,Grimm and alby

Ill try mixing it up a bit. I have just been filling alberich and wu Kong 100 mana to start the match then just going the rest with no spells.

It nerfs attack too, since I had been using alby as a bit of a crutch. I’m using two 3/70 5* and Azlar is on his way to 80 but not there yet. My highest cup total is 2628 but usually I’m around 2350-2550 and now I’m having a bit of a hard time with getting over 2400 for the better chest. Of the 4 I’ve filled since the patch 2 has been platinum and 2 has been diamond.

I knew exactly where my limit was with a decent board and now I’m losing the games where I earlier could finish up with Thoth and maybe one more. In the screenshot below Grimm would have been fully charged this round and killed of Alberich and Cyprian, allowing me to charge Azlar and giving him a 25% chance to live next round and use it (40% if Grimm survives the reflect), definitely killing Colen in two rounds after filling up Thoth. Now it wasn’t close as the heal allowed Cyprian to live delaying killing him even another round and then Kiril cast his heal one turn early topping up Colen up so instead of a probable win I lose to 3 heroes with basically full health.

Oh noes, welcome to the club who doesn’t like to be hit by Colen without a cleanser on the team.

I don’t use a cleanser. I just run around screaming on fire and hope I can kill the other team before I turn to ash or I try to outpace the damage with Ares/Alby. When all else fails, I hope that Alby lives long enough to go off and ressurect the ash piles. No cleanser needed.

4 Likes

Right. My point was that if the adjustment to Alberich makes this tactic just a little tad less solid, we’re talking about an op hero going from godlike to very strong :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I dont agree he was godlike or whatever. He was hero of the month and should be strong therefore. I play with him myself and for example in Raids he is often dead before his mana is filled. And i don’t have a problem with opponents who possess him. There are other heroes out there that scare me much more like Hel or Ares…

5 Likes

I don’t understand why in the world would they nerf Alberich and create heroes just to nullify him (Alaise, Natalya and Gravemaker) when they were just going to create Mother North, and in the upcoming months, Atomos. Things like that just don’t make any sense to me. I have Alby maxed and I will eventually work on Mother North, but I don’t think I’ll even try for Atomos, which means I’m probably going to pull him… Just what this game needs, another 5* nature hero, with the ability to resurrect but has slow mana. Thanks, but no thanks. All the ideas for green heroes and that’s the best they came up with? Someone needs some creative writers on their board.

Slow heroes are those going downhill. Nerfing heroes made me left several games before. Heroes as who they are are what we paid for in terms of both money and time. This is one of the most heavily paid game. It’s like you fully paid for a car to be fully loaded but later with all its options removed. That doesn’t sound good to me.

I think you give SGG way more credit for advanced planning then they deserve. I seriously doubt that Mother North was under consideration until this autumn.

At the time when Natalya and Zeline were introduced, Alberich ruled the roost—which was particularly galling to many because he was a HOTM before many had joined. He needed a counter, and that’s what we got. Whether he needed a nerf is more debatable, but he actually got a pretty mild nerf.

But Zeline in particular of these two HOTM turned the tide in the meta. She undermined a lot of the value of Slow heroes. Then GM came along as the first Very Fast 5*, and slow green heroes suddenly felt very, very vulnerable. I love finding a war defense that doesn’t have GM so that I can bring out Alberich. If they’re missing Zeline, I win.

MN could really be viewed as a repackaged Alberich. Different tweaks, but more alike than different. I guess this reflect the devs’ view that Alberich/MN is now reasonably balanced within the meta.

3 Likes

I have alby and made screenshots indicating the “recovery % mana per turn” for each special charged speed:

Very fast: 12% (on gravemaker)
Fast: 10% (on morgan le fay)
Average: 8% (on Inari)
Slow: 7% (on alberich)
Very slow: 6% (on guardian owl)

Tested on:
Empires and Puzzles 17.1.0 build 863

2 Likes

Excellent work. This confirms a basic fact: Alberich adds 0.8 tiles of mana per round to all heroes.

Necro? This topic is 10 months old…