Nerf Tarlak and Save Wukong

I pulled Tarlak with my Atlantis tokens, no cash required. I use him with Boldtusk as I my Wu Kong is not yet leveled. I will use Wu for Titans only, but I love Tarlak for wars due to the healing component.

:rofl: :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

Slow your roll there, K-doc. What was that about odds of hitting weak spot going down?

If that is true, pls start a thread explaining that.

1 Like

No need to start a new thread, it’s simple. You need 3 tiles to hit the titan’s weak spot for it to become stunned. Missed tiles do not count. So, when Wu is active, the chances of you stunning the titan go down.

“since the odds of getting three tiles on the weak spot has gone way down)” does not sound like “gamblers stance”.

In the context of @Kerridoc’s original comment, I’m pretty sure that’s what he meant. When Wu is active, because of the misses, the odds of getting three HITS on the weak spot goes down.

1 Like

This is the one character that is obessed over by so many that i have yet to grasp. im level 45 and after trying wu kong when i first started the game there were just to many instances where missed tiles and specials left me completely infuriated. i deal with rumple and danzboro thats enough. Wu has never been on any team of mine since week 5 and have never had a situation where i felt i needed him. using buffs anitidotes arrows and debuffs has always gotten me A and A+ titan damage and my usual hit are around 20k to upper 40 and 50k and im fine with those numbers. learning to skilll counter and stack heroes with elemental links gives me sure damage. i just honestly dont see the value in Wu, but i play a very defensive style of fighting and he just doesnt fit with it.

3 Likes

I agree on pretty much all of your points, but there’s no arguing what he does for titan scores though, and that’s the only place I used him (until Tarlak). There are many better options for raiding and defense.

For titans, as frustrating as Wu is, your average titan score will go up 50% with him in there.

i can see him being used early for his damage for newer players but there is so much more to the game now, and with the links and combos of characters out now, he seems obsolete other than titans at this point. maybe one day lol. or maybe ome day i will get tarlak woukd like to hope for the latter :slight_smile:

1 Like

To the original post, like some others have said, I couldn’t disagree more. Ever since I started playing this game, my biggest frustration is that you’re basically cornered into using Wu on titans, whether you want to or not. If you want bigger titan scores, he’s the answer. And until Tarlak came along, he was the ONLY answer, WRT big tile damage buffing, which is the name of the game with titans. Sure, Tarlak is hard to get, and I feel peoples’ frustrations that don’t have him, but at least he’s an alternative to Wu. I’d love to see some other alternatives as well.

Tarlak is far from OP, no need to nerf him.
Wu Kong is still immensely valuable against Titans, no need to save him.

2 Likes

100%. The only time I use Wu Kong is against dark titans. Other than that, he sits on my bench. Totally agree that for newer players, he can be very useful for raiding and wars, but once you have other options, he quickly becomes obsolete.

2 Likes

Could you clarify/expand on this please :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry, was being thick, have had a few unlucky titan rounds recently where I never seemed to be able to stun the beast (no wu involved). I though you were saying they had changed the way the boards are generated and I wanted to read the memo lol. I get why tiles missing would have this effect :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DBC I’ve already clarified/expanded on it in my previous posts.

1 Like

He is comparing the odds of a 3-tile weak spot hit with Gambler’s Stance active versus with it not active. He is not comparing current Gambler’s Stance odds to past Gambler’s Stance odds.

So, phrased more clearly:

Because the odds of a 3-tile hit in the weak spot is so much lower when Gambler’s Stance is active (.67^3= 30%) I abandon the “hit the weak spot” strategy on titans and just go for dropping as many tiles as possible.

2 Likes

You have made you best guess.

Sorry so snarky, but it is. Guesstimation better?

It’s actually pretty clear that this is what Kerridoc means. You can tell because nobody starts suddenly complaining about “the Wu Kong nerf” after his statement.

You can also verify that he isn’t talking about a nerf because every time the question of “has Wu Kong been nerfed?” comes up, Kerridoc cites back to the post where someone actually counted and confirmed the miss rate at 33%.

Here’s one from 4 days ago:

Asked for @Kerridoc to expand/explain. His comment meant something, and I still do not read it as being about Wu.

Here’s your answer:

Safe to assume that De1taE1even got it right.

1 Like

Okay, all the guesses are right. Next time I want to ask a question uestion, I will go to my trusty ouija board or magic 8-ball

Dude, no need to get all upset about it. Maybe @Kerridoc will come in and clarify, maybe not. The fact that he “liked” my explanation, is decent evidence.