Nerf Finley!

Agreed this would make more sense. With elemental link he essentially does marjana sniper damage to all 5 team members @ fast. It’s to hard to control buffs with elemental link. I do agree offense should be penalized for adding dispellabe buffs when Finley is about to charge.

Nerf him too powerful

Make him hit 3 targets only

1 Like

Depending on when he goes off, he might only hit 1. If he does hit 5, the last two will be hit for very, very low damage. Finley is fine as is.

3 Likes

@StephenNap89

QUOTE “Depending on when he goes off, he might only hit 1. If he does hit 5, the last two will be hit for very, very low damage. Finley is fine as is.”

Please explain more thoroughly how his dmg works for those of us who dont have him. I’m trying to figure it out, but it just wont gel. :thinking::vulcan_salute:

Each one does progressively less damage… At least on offense, it is notably low damage on that 5th hit (I got him on a free pull when he came out). When I face him on defense, he just gets the first two snipers that are charged, Problem solved.

1 Like

Finley is so easy to work around when he’s on defense. He is also pretty weak so a sniper can take him out before he hits.

But as long as you aren’t stupid all he is going to do is be a 5* version of Valen with one mediocre sized hit.

Finley’s real strength is in offense when you can use him strategically. On offense, his main role is being a fast defense down hero with his first 2-3 hits having good damage. It’s the heroes that you use after him (like a Killhare or Vela) who can hit all with the newly made defense down that’s powerful.

At his worst, Finley is a 5* Valen and at his best he’s like a fast Isarnia. It’s all rng and if you can’t work around him properly, it’s not that he’s OP, it’s that you aren’t being strategic with how you play against him.

2 Likes

Mediocre size hit? Brother you play another game here. One strike from him and your team is done ! With Killhare on the other side on hit from each and is game over no matter how many emblems you have. They hit with 500-700 damage each opponent.
3x…4x more then Vela and Gravemaker.

Don’t have him but face him all the time in raids. He doesn’t give me as many issues as plenty of other heroes. He has single handedly destroyed me at times, just like any other hero. I wish people would stop screaming to nerf heroes. Eventually you’ll find the right combination of heroes to deal with certain teams. Even taking Boril to battle can kill him. Calm down with all the nerfs people!

5 Likes

I specifically said that his worst moments are a Valen 5* mediocre hit, which is what he will only do if there are no buffs. Not when he can hit everyone.

When he only hits one, he only hits one at 385% compared to all the snipers who hit way more than that with one hit.

So when he hits one, yes it is a very mediocre hit, obviously he only shines when he can hit more than one. But I said that, and reading is funadamental.

Problem is that all good heroes are HOTM and they have elemental link all the others have buff.
Is next to impossible to take down a team with Finley. Ursena and Killhare without elemental link or buff.
If they strike your done no matter what heroes you use.

For the life of my I can’t figure out why everyone on this forum is so hellbent on taking all the fun out of this game.

Just because you don’t have a hero, won’t/can’t spend to get a hero, don’t know how to beat a hero, or haven’t played enough to build up a decent roster doesn’t mean that the rest of us need to suffer.

Finley is fine. Leave him alone. Learn your roster and how to work around problems. That’s half the fun of the game.

In the mean time, kindly stop trying to rob joy from the rest of us.

14 Likes

I said the same damn thing about Tell and Vela. They where not even close to Ursena. Killhare and Finley and they got nerf. I spend a lot of money to get them and look where that got me.
In the mean time heroes how kills your hole team with one shot stay like that. It’s not fair isn’t it?

Nerfing Finley??? What a bad joke! I don’t have him but I love this guy the way he is!

Honestly, I’m sick of reading posts on this forum asking for nerfing heroes. This game as many different heroes : some are meh, others are good and some are so good that we all dream to have them. This contributes to the charm of this game. Please, make this don’t change in a plethora of mediocre heroes. I hope that “balancing heroes” will not become a bad habit.

10 Likes

Game developers have done this long time ago. Nerf or no nerf, half of the player base gets pissed off.

What makes me sick is how SG manages the whole thing. People have the right to share their opinions and to point out the things that need to be reviewed. Using the search option will lead you to posts where users ask for “rebalancing heroes happening more often so we get used and not complain about it”

Having said that, I strongly disagree with the politics of nerfing, buffing, balancing and so. Heroes should stay the way SG advertised and people paid to get them (yes, it says PAID). That’s why a lot of players donate their time and effort, FOR FREE, beta-testing all new features.

1 Like

I’d say the “Finley problem” is the same problem with Telluria, Vela and the same prob we had with Ursena back in days. ALSO is the same problem we’re going to have with Frigg, Odin and others from s3.

The problem isn’t the hero skill itself. Finley is a handy hero for attacking but he’s not that destructive like he is on defense. On defense, he has that abusive +20% stats.

Some heroes already have very nice stats and then BOOM, plus 20%. It ends up in +1000 damage Liannas and immortal Tellurias while your Lianna does like 750 dmg and your Telluria ends up dying from a sartana or C. Joon shot. Not mentioning Black Knight.

So yeeeks, the AI boost could be a little lower. Dealing with those freaking boards and 20% boosted highly emblemed and cool skill heroes ends up being a pile of trash, but doesn’t mean they’re OP just because their skill. The game itself is poorly planned in some areas.

Everyone is sick of nerfing and hitting isolate heroes while the game mechanics are broken and poor applied considering the thousands of hero combos and dozens of game modes.
Nerfing heroes just because they spank the crap out of you while the game mechanics are favorable to make that happen with new released stronger heroes every 5 months get us trapped into a loop.

Also, everytime that happens only 1 or 2 “OP” heroes are nerfed while other “OP” guys stays the same, being a LOT unfair.

Ways to deal with Finley:

1. Mitsuko
  2. Riposte
  3. Blindness (1 miss ends his special)
  4. Dodge (1 miss…)
  5. Damage reduction
  6. Taunt
  7. Silence
  8. Mana/Tile control
  9. Leave utilities on the bench

I’m sure I’m missing some other good Finley fixes
Common sense says he’s a great hero but
That he also isn’t breaking the game
However…
it’s not like common sense gets a vote
I’m sure they’ll just nerf Vela some more

11 Likes

Yeah…well. after my heroes got nerfed i do not have with what or how to deal with finley ursena killhare

Now i understand that some of you made that circus becouse you had other heroes like ursena, finley or killhare to replace them. But some of us we don’t and is not fair. We spend a lot of money on gems to have a good roster and now it goes to trash.

@Petri @EmpiresPuzzles

How do you expect us the ones who spend a lot of money on gems to get JF. Vela. Telluria with the ones who made circus all thouse months on this forum just becouse they have another hero to replace the ones that got nerf to the ground?

Haha.
You got some statistics to go with those
crocodile tears?

I got some statistics that show nerfed heroes both needed it and remained powerful afterwards. Especially Telluria…

The jury is still out on Vela.
But, I don’t see much change in tantrums or gameplay

Balance is still laying face down
ON THE GROUND

In Finley’s case… there’s no problem. Just more finger pointing

1 Like

At 200-250 dmg to all heroes Vela is really a force now. Same goes for telluria 150-200 dmg to all enemyes and 10-15 dmg from minions she is a fearsome hero.

So… who “got nerfed to the ground” then?

What hero is trash?
Garbage…
Worthless…
Useless…

1 Like