Nerf Black Knight, Frigg & Odin due to synergy on Defense

To Me as C2P it’s getting almost impossible to compete with the newest teams. I have a defense team of around 4610, which I deem pretty solid but the gap with the defense teams composed of ninjas and/or the latest valhalla heroes is getting always bigger.

I agree that bringing telluria and vela back to their original skills/power could help a little.

5 Likes

I hear Alby, MN and Alfrike all work well together in rush wars, STRIKE THEM DOWN.

5 Likes

Alfrike 20 with level 30 Mana troop is probably the most insane character in the game. Get her to fire off and that’s game over.

2 Likes

If any defense setup stay at Top 100 in 2 days (offline) or more like GTV, then it should be nerfed just like Telluria & Vela has been done before.
Now, I’m not seeing any Frigg-Garnet/BK-Odin stay so long in Top 100. The longest I can see is 2 hours offline.

3 Likes

I think that it would be the “easiest” solution, as every time that a new synergy comes out, then there will be a lot of requests asking for a nerf.

I do think this synergy is OP indeed. However it is not as prevalent as the Telluria age, so I can easily reroll. With Telluria it was impossible to avoid due to everyone having her and Vela.

The time I did try to fight a defense with Frigg BK Odin, it was crazy. Got destroyed from full health in 1 turn due to this Berserk skill and the ridiculous AoE.

I’m worried because I thought my board was good, but still got destroyed and I had a feeling like: wtf happened… I went so well…

1 unlucky cascade wich you cant avoid and it’s over. And thats a problem.

Edit: I personally think Frigg and Odin are fine, but the problem is the Berserk skill on defense. Those pointless dead tiles ramp up the Berserk so insanely much, and you can’t really avoid that. Maybe rework the Berserk on defense to not skyrocket after a few dead tiles, because right now it is too fast at the max cap.

4 Likes

Krampus is doing the same thing that BK dose. Only better. Think at him to, before make a decision.

Also SGG needs to think about other OP heroes like. Finley. Killhare. Ursena !

Kind regards.

1 Like

Krampus don’t have attack buff with which Frigg, Odin, Finley, Killhare, ninja’s and etc can kill all your team with one special skill use only. But in my opinion problem in “Frigg, Odin, Finley, Killhare, ninja’s and etc” (+S4 heroes in future), and not in BK.
And yes, they
2fsqq3
Money, money, money…

1 Like

True, and I agree.

But because SG caved once and slapped Telly/Vela, they’ve created a rod for their own back. That they cited the prevalence of said heros for said nerf, doesn’t mean they won’t cave again, given sufficient pressure.

This “problem” will only gain momentum as better cards are released, rendering a whole lot of heros borderline redundant.

My 2 cents…

2 Likes

Instead of nerfing heroes which is very controversial at this point, I suggest that SG creates more heroes that can manipulate the board. For example a fire hero that converts all nature tiles to fire tiles or a dark hero that converts holy to dark tiles. This would significantly weaken heroes like frigg and Odin who manipulates the board

7 Likes

And also by the time S4 comes out black Knight will become obsolete on Def anyways. Lepiota turns him into a joke

2 Likes

I had similar pblm recently when I faced Frigg-BK-Odin team. I had good board as well but still couldn’t win because of Frigg and Odin. They have great synergy. I’m trying to avoid defence which includes Frigg and Odin now. BK is not a pblm but synergy between them is creating a pblm. By the time we try to kill BK Frigg and Odin goes off and wipes entire team.

4 Likes

You killed my Vela! So kill those heroes who form another top synegria! If you don’t, it’s all a lie you’ve written about why you’ve maimed Telluria and Vela.

2 Likes

He does…
All allies get +50% attack for 3 turns.

1 Like

Yes, but buff from BT increase each hit (up to 105%) - not the same

1 Like

How many people have all three on defense and how many have them separately and treated as treasure ?
Punishing whole player base because of a few is not right. Unless you are facing entire alliance with such defense, this complaining is unjust.
If i see a team i know i can’t beat, i don’t attack them…

6 Likes

I called this defense months and months ago (in the what’s next after tell thread)… it was pretty obvious that SG didn’t want the tell vela defense as meta because it was too “cheap” to get and it over saturated the top… I personally don’t think it was about balance. This defense is very strong, I agree… but none of the heroes individually are overly powerful on offense so a nerf would once again hurt players on offense and a new defense would eventually arise (likely ninjas… not season 4 heroes like claimed as… well, none of them are scary in defense… at least not yet… even with the stats). Good luck on your nerf pursuit, but because of the difficulty / money needed to acquire these heroes, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

2 Likes

And a double dispell is required, as the first hit will just remove the taunt but not the attack buff.

I do not think what any of those heroes will be nerfed. This game near to the end - all what SGG should to do it get more money by releasing OP heroes. Frigg, Odin. Both FAST. Each use special skill and your command die. Absolutely clear for what they was released in current state

1 Like

I vote for the nerf.
Together this is very imbalance combination .