I was a chess coach. :rofl::rofl:

I’m a rare freaky genetic mutation too lol

2 Likes

We should form a club :rofl:

2 Likes

I would totally request to join.

1 Like

I’m in with ya.

Though I order the questions, “Do you play sports” then “Are you smart”?

Do you want to play tackle football with no pads in the street after school or do your homework? Hmmm…maybe I don’t qualify.

1 Like

When I was a kid, I got to out and play then do homework. That order was very handy.

We couldn’t play tackle in the street, it’s really a problem in a major city with cars going by every minute or two, but there were plenty of parks around.

Rough touch worked fine, though. Shove somebody into the parked car, no problem.

1 Like

What if playing tackle football with no pads in the street WAS your homework?! :thinking::flushed:

1 Like

Hmmm. But back to the OP… what’s the score?? @NotEye

1 Like

I am needing help with my math homework. What is the answer: Me + You = ?

I was on my high school’s wrestling team, pretty sure that counts as a sport.

I can’t throw or catch a ball to save my life, but I can pick up and throw a person. Easier target to hit, I have pretty bad vision. :grin:

1 Like

Nerds win! Two flips, which is unusual for us! @Ripobin_The_First holding up the top score!

My score was terrible, with an overall underwhelming performance, but we had several members set what appear to be personal records, not that we track that at all. Like I said before, we’re quite casual.

5 Likes

Oh this thread is full of goodness, love it… :nerd_face:

Did you make contact with the other guys, @NotEye? Only rarely happens for us, but that’s usually fun. :sweat_smile:

Congrats on your win. Little bit late now, but…

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Though I have to say…

I thought nerds kept data on everything!

Kidding :laughing: My alliance is also quite casual. If I kept strict requirements, I’d have to kick out just about everyone. Including myself.

4 Likes

wahoo! congrats on that win! Looks like it could have gone either way there

2 Likes

@ChoppedLiver I never tried to make contact beyond the mention on the forum here. I agree that would be fun, and this war prompted me to bump some threads in the Suggestions category about inter-alliance War chat.

Nice meme and perfectly suited. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it could have. It wasn’t our closest win, but it was definitely up for grabs. Hard fought on both sides. We have a couple monster defense teams that occasionally prevent a flip, and I think that’s what happened this time too.

2 Likes

Hah! I’m not sure I’d want inter-alliance war chat. Based on my previous wars, this is about what it would look like.

First half of war, their comments to us:

Second half of war, their comments to us:

2 Likes

Definitely could happen. Probably would happen. I guess I’m just too naturally optimistsic and naive/polite for that to be my first thought. :slight_smile: You’re probably right though.

1 Like

Well, almost certainly would in my alliance’s case, because of my war strategy.

DISCLAIMER: We opted out of wars a while back because… casual alliance… people be all “I have to get up for work in the morning,” “we just had a baby,” “we’re going out of town this weekend” blah blah blah :laughing:

(kidding… I totally understand, which is why I disabled our wars)

But back when we did do wars, we were used to facing teams with very strong defenses compared to ours, so I usually let them take the lead in the first half and tell my team to save most of our flags for the second. We would coordinate a time that is best for most of us to come together during the second half, once we have all of our flags available, and then I started calling shots.

Team A, use your main team on target X
Team B, bring a blue stack against target Y.
Team C, bring a red stack against target Z.
Team D, you’re on mop up duty, await further instructions.
Team E, bring in your lowest team to take out that last hero on target Z.
Team D, you’re up, use your second best team to finish off target Y.

OMG I had so much fun coordinating that stuff back in the day. It was fun because we were absolutely annihilating alliances that should have been way out of our league. We beat some alliances so badly that they actually ended up disbanding after losing to us. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not even kidding! Looking at the war field after the attack and the other side is

[Ex-member]
[Ex-member]
[Ex-member]
[Ex-member]
blank
[Ex-member]
[Ex-member]
blank
[Ex-member]
blank
[Ex-member]

It’s not that my alliance is that good… more that the other team had some very strong players who finally got tired of carrying around dead weight and dealing with incompetent leadership. My alliance is no where near great - probably never will be anywhere close. But… when we do come together as a team for wars, we serve as both an example, and a warning.

Basically, that warning is:

If you’re not even good enough to beat us, you can pretty much forget about ever making it to top tier.

:grin:

1 Like

DumbleDorkus approves of your matchup and win :clap:

dorkus malorkus HP

4 Likes