Nerd on Dork battle action

No good way to do this in game, and I see AW matchup threads every now and then, so here’s my minor contribution that I thought was worth sharing. Our alliance, (Nerd Herd) was matched today with a worthy opponent at least in name: Army of Dorkness! We had a good laugh at the name theme similarities and wanted to shout out to congratulate them on an excellent name! Also, the color coordination and thematic matching of flags and progress bar from our side is like something from r/oddlysatisfying. :slight_smile:

I can’t speak for them, but we’re a pretty relaxed alliance with not much in the way of AW coordination apart from some in chat here and there when the way is underway. So this probably won’t be an active or exciting thread, but congrats on an awesome name and best of luck!

EDIT: @Ripobin_The_First you weren’t the only one that loved our matchup. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Hah! That is an awesome matchup.

Good luck to both of you. :wink:

7 Likes

Those are epic names!! Good luck!

8 Likes

“Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up!”

5 Likes

3mlex2

giphy

14 Likes

a

b

c

d

:crazy_face:

15 Likes

10 Likes

This is awesome :rofl:
A new meme thread in the works.

Apparently I’m a Rare Freaky Genetic Mutation.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Great names!! Good Luck in the war. Hope you can keep us updated with the results.

1 Like

This is my boomstick

One of the greatest movies ever made.

6 Likes

Not even embarrassed that I know that whole speech by heart :rofl:

3 Likes

Define “smart”…

Compared to, say, a Bill Gates or Einstein? I’m an idiot.

Compared to many other people, however - I’m practically a genius.

Trying to put this in a way that doesn’t sound like I’m bragging, because I’m not. Technically, I test “well above average”, but not way way above average… if that makes sense. I can easily grasp the basics of unconventional / tech related subject matter, but not exactly qualified to teach or make significant contributions to the fields. Always considered myself to be “sort of smart,” but every time I hang out with “really smart” people, they make me feel stupid. “You seriously don’t know about quantum space-time entanglement? Oh geez, where did you guys find this idiot? Please don’t tell me you invited him to our next D&D session. I’ll bet he doesn’t even have a Master’s Degree.”

6 Likes

I always assumed if you thought you were smart odds were you weren’t.
And if you didn’t think you were smart you absolutely weren’t.

Of course if nobody is smart then everybody is smart.

3 Likes

4 Likes

But what If I understand, create, fix, and collect really cool stuff?

And for the last straw: also play sports?

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m a dork and a Rare Freaky Genetic Mutation. :joy: Love this Though one would have to be precise on what is sports. Does WII Sports count?

I’d still like to see who wins! Keep us posted if you will! :smile:

2 Likes

As I recall there’s lots of movement with the WII paddles so, yes. Certainly more so than EA Madden Football or FIFA Manager.

You know that Chess is a sport to nowadays! :rofl:

1 Like