Neith – New November 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I’m ok with your comparison of Neith with Hel. Well argued. This gave me an idea to buff Neith to the level of Hel. One aspect of Hel that you didn’t mention was the extra damage to Holy heroes, which makes her a good choice to target Holy heroes.

If Neith dealt extra damage to Dark heroes, that would be a buff worth having (and a missing skill, since no Holy hero dealt extra damage to Dark heroes, contrary to GM vs Nature, Zeline vs Ice, Athena vs Fire, Hel/Ursena vs. Holy). What do you think?

4 Likes

Oh, you speaking for offense… I was speaking of defense :joy: I mean, why someone would replace his/her Guin, Drake or even Onatel with her?

Agree.
Buff damage against dark would be a really welcomed add.

In defence i would not replace Guin or Drake with her, same as i will not replace Kunchen or Kage with Hel.

I’m not really scared of Onatel, one or the other would not really be so different.

1 Like

Nieth doesn’t have the clear niche that other heroes have.
For players with deep benches Neith is not going to be adding much to your team since you probably have heroes that share her talents but do it better or faster (Mana Cut - Guin, Blind - Drake, Damage - Zimkitha/Zeline).
For players still building a bench, missing Guin (most players are in this camp, most top end players are not) and looking for a solid addition, Neith is excellent. Better than Justice who is the most similar to Neith.

I do believe that the nerf was stronger than strictly necessary but not to the level of Aegir 1.0.

I believe that my playing style favors classic hero, LEO over Neith on offense although I would place Neith on defense before Leo. He pops to mind b/c he is currently going to 3-70 for lack of better options. 40% mana cut on the target means you shut them down a turn on offense. Neith’s 10% may not do that due to recharging via tiles before your turn ends. His hit is decent as well and may kill the enemy, Neith’s AoE will clear out the badly wounded.

I think that an HotM that could be behind a widely ignored classic hero is a sign that perhaps the nerf went too far.

I will still be pleased if she joins my team but no backflips.

6 Likes

I started using Neith on attack and she is really quite useful. I may try her in war D (yellow tanks) and see.

1 Like

I like her design, and I am glad SG are making some HotM more interesting instead of just producing power creep upgrades of TC20 heroes. Any time a new hero causes debate about whether or not they’re strong, you know it’s a good design.

The ability to blind the whole enemy team and potentially delay their specials for one turn at average speed seems decent to me. On the other hand she isn’t going to be too impactful at taking out an opposing purple tank, and she’s not looking especially good against Titans. She looks average to me. Not bad, not overpowered, just okay. But again, I’d rather see more interesting new heroes like her added to the game than just objectively powerful heroes like Kingston. Jabberwock looks to be another example of a hero that is not super powerful but is really interesting and unique.

4 Likes

@Elpis Neith’s title in English is Opener of Ways (that would make her the one who clear paths for others to pass, that’s why the sickle and what call a strange pose :laughing:)

Maybe the translation isn’t really good in your main language

3 Likes

Yeah, the italian translation is simply horrible.
Something among the lines of “Girl that open wide the doors” which is both senseless and sounds really strange.

It call for some profane jokes about Germano Mosconi (italian people knows him very well)

Path opener or opener of ways sounds muuuuuch better.

Well said.

I’ve been taking 3/70 Neith out for test raids with Joon and Jackal - she’s fun! It’s very satisfying to see enemy specials miss. Her animation looks good. She’s sturdy enough. Average, like you said, but with a fun kit and interesting design.

I’ve got 12 darts and will happily ascend her, once I’m sure I can’t pull a rabbit from a hat tomorrow.

3 Likes

how i feel about this hero! sorry couldnt resist Signkicking Doingitwrong GIF - Signkicking Doingitwrong Fail - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

I just got a second and will ascend her as well due to a lack of better options. Still somehow only have one joon and no viv and have 15 darts (I have gotten probably 5 each of Leo and Justice, lol).

She is worse then even anzogh?

2 Likes

Not worse. Just different.

Those with heavy rosters, Neith seems a little light.
But she is still a great fit for those without blind or mana cut skill heroes.
I like her but not sure if she will get the darts.

Stupid rabbit never came and got 3x Neiths instead.

4 Likes

I don’t see she to be so wery well balanced. Stats for fast hero, hit for fast hero, mana cut too small its seems like she dont cut anything and the best of her specials it’s based on chance. On this form she must be fast.

8 Likes

@Frozen I agree with you.

@zephyr1 I think you should strongly suggest SG to adjust her speed too fast or give her more dmg or more of a mana cut. She is just underwhelming in every category right now.

People were crying during beta saying she looked soooo OP and they nerf’d her dmg by 60% 220% down to a pathetic 150%.

The damage reduction would have been ok if they bumped her speed too fast. Leaving her at average speed with no dmg, unless mana cut because of average speed. She is essential an aoe blind. Very very disappointing hero imo.

I get that she is a support hero but think a fix to her speed is necessary. Look at her other counter part hero’s like Zim & Drake(Fast, AOE, utility skill, ele link). Out classed in every regard. The comparison isn’t even close.

She’s also a ranger which has the most competition of almost any class, just to add insult to injury.

5 Likes

This is something that I didn’t understand at all. Why is is considered a ranger and who decides which HotM get which class because we have an overabundance of paladin, ranger, cleric and druids… can we get a sorcerer please?!

2 Likes

I agree, I think she should have been a rogue. Fits her look and adds more value to her class. I guess they wanted to help make sure her spell would hit and bypass any buffs. Helps she gets 2% mana earlier than everyone due to ranger skill tree.

Still don’t agree with it though. She should have been a rogue or druid IMO. The class isn’t big of a deal to me as her special that tied to average mana. She feels unfinished and underwhelming as a hero on offense and defense (tested both)

Making her fast would make her a solid HOTM. Compared to the power level of the next few HOTM’s she is just bad lol

2 Likes

Yes and I think she will be very good on sorcerer class

1 Like

I was thinking the same exact thing. She would have made a great sorcerer.

2 Likes

I should not have laughed so hard. I too do not have any respect for her. I’ve gotten all of them before except those on the edges.