Need to remove additional 20% on defense

I am well aware of what a good win rate is. My point is why should you imply the game is broken or tuned wrong if you are not getting massively positive results.

I’ve been playing for 4 years. I have good and well developed heroes, new and old. In the last 3-6 months I’ve noticed a change. Not just me there are others. In this thread itself you will notice a few, and they are good players and old players. So technically it’s not just me.

I can understand 1 month. 2 months even 3. But 3-6 months. That’s not even luck.

It’s a strategy with the owners of the game. Send out the old players. Bring in new.

Been discussed before.

1 Like

Words like luckiest and never are thrown around very easily in this forum.

Let me propose this - you record (not screenshots - record) your next 12 consecutive raids. I will do the same. Only criteria being to take a stack of at least 3. Let’s then count the number of starting tiles for each board and compare. Yes it is a small sample but I find it hard to believe that won’t get a starting board with at least 5 of your colour (my lowest tile count in those videos).

Those boards were overall lucky - luckier than I usually get. 10, 10, 5, 11 and 7 tiles. Above average, and I have done data tracking a few times where over time I end up in the 6.3 to 7 tile average mark. But they were actually consecutive and were a good indicator that the algorithm hasn’t change.

Yeah, I’ve read it. I discount it. I have played the gammit from F2P to VC2P to C2P to P2P, where I buy some deals each month. I’d say there are 2 levels above me - buy all deals every month, and whatle status where you buy stuff outside of deals. But I have spent enough in recent times to qualify as P2P (although now I have gotten a few good heroes I won’t be trying to pull until that purple debuffer comes along in the magic tower). But during all this time I have never seen a change in the boards. I have always had a success rate which aligned with whatever “league” or “category” was disctated by my roster - and skill - at the time. And now I am in a top 100 alliance where most people pay to one extent or another, and most sport a very deep roster. And I see consistenr performers and not so consistent. And I see heavy payers complain about bad board days and non heavy payers (even F2P) get 6 OS in wars and get top 1% in tournies - have you met @yelnats_24 ?.

So what do you say - shall we record 12 consecutive raids and see what’s what?

2 Likes

You do know that there are 6 raid flags, right? Maybe that knowledge comes in the 5th year of playing

Which is fair… except you said this:

As it is not tiles, htiting corners is just as easy as hitting any other hero. It is random, but more than likely with some weighting incorporating health and mana levels and other factors. But it is not any easier for the AI to hit a corner than to hit a tank

To me Elizabeth is the easiest out of the top tier heroes in defence to overcome. Easiest to counter with that special and at that speed. Even if you don’t (rarely) manage to counter it, it is far more recoverable than say a Frigg or Finley hit. I guess this one is subjective, but it does surprise me that some people rate her highly in defense.

2 Likes

Excellent point. I’m fairly certain that ~90% of people lose ~50% of battles. Someone has to both lose for another to win.

This was quite a while back but SG published the figure of average win rates in the diamond arena and it was something in the ballpark of 60-70%.

Now with the stronger heroes in defense and raid formations it wouldn’t surprise me if it is lower than that.

2 Likes

Honestly, my feeling is that this 20% bonus is not enough for my defence :joy:

And now seriously, I like challenges. Also right now I am able to win about 70% of raids in middle diamond (usually I have 2500-2700 cups) as a f2p player (and I never use reroll). So in my opinion there is no need to remove (or decrease) the 20% bonus. :slightly_smiling_face:

But you know that you are already playing against a reduced bonus? That’s active since one month…

Or do you mean 70% is too high and you want your full 20% defense bonus back?

Today, when I use my war flags and filling raid chest, I got 14 straight great boards (6 war + 3 raid tournament + 5 regular raid).

The boards are so great that there are 2 times the middle three (tank + flanks) die in just 2 turns. :rofl:. Maybe the current testing regarding reduction of bonus defense for defender also contribute to this.

Thats been a said a few times.

While I am not in favor of nerfs, I have to ask…compared to what other hero?

Seriously.

1. She has the highest survivability so far of any hero able to take a 3-tile hit by a maxed 5* mono…with full or near full emblems…AND leveled troops. Thats a fist for this game.

2. Her special can not be cleansed by anyone. Not even by Snow White who clears the board of everything except elemental links.

3. There are no trained or season hero that can block her attack except for Poseidon and he can only block the mana portion.

So again, not calling for nerfs or saying she cant be beat, but I fail to see where she is the easiest.

There’s lots of heroes more survivable. Take alfrike and krampus for instance. Also tellu.

Her special can be cleansed by every healer in the game!!!

Garnet vanda Emilio grazul can all block the mana debuff… which is the only.part of her special with any impact… if you don’t have a healer ready to completely remove it… which you will 90% of the time

Frigg. Finley. Odin. C kad. Killhate. Ninjas. The list goes on

1 Like

Sarcasm will get you everywhere my friend. I was ticked off and angry at what had happened and was writing quickly. 6 flags 5 flags, did you understand? You did. Should I dumb it down for you? Maybe draw in crayons? I can if you need that… sorry that I made a simple mistake and wrote 5.

Perhaps get some common sense to acknowledge that you aren’t always right in everything? And keep an open mind that there are other possibilities. Or are you too narrow minded? I think the latter is there.

I brought an issue to the forum. It wasn’t just me there are others. I came here to talk about it.

Let me guess you never make mistakes right?

How many times have you killed a corner off before the main hero’s?

Elizabeth really isn’t all that tanky compared to purpose built tanks. I took as many def/HP nodes as I could with her, and at +19 she has “only” 865 def and 1592 HP. Compare this with “real” tanks:

• Black Knight: 961 def, 1696 HP (wtf!!)
  • Heimdall: 1003 def, 1516 HP
  • Krampus: 1003 def, 1584 HP
  • Kunchen: 929 def, 1588 HP
  • Onatel: 929 def, 1617 HP
  • Telly: 991 def, 1539 HP

Even adjusting for her higher HP compared to Telly and Heimdall, she is still a ways off compared to their def stat if you use the 2 HP = 1 def conversion.

And yes I have tanked her before, no the results weren’t impressive at all. The only place she really shines is a no blues tourney, preferably bloody battle.

@Hcmitchellr

1 Like

Depending on your hero’s and how you attack and who you attack 50% is very very low.

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier and Im not sure what is going on. My wife watches me play a lot and she even pointed out and asked why she didn’t die when she got hit by my mono team. At first I thought it might have been a buff or debuff I didn’t pay attention to, but I did pay attention after that and it kept happening unless the attack scored a crit.

I was thinking about BK today and I know I can one-shot him with the same team so I know its not the weakness of my team.

Ill look into it some more to see if I can repeat it again. Ill just have to wait on ham as I need all I can atm. I really need to know if Im going cray or not.

Other than that…I still stand on all the other stuff.

It’s just that you keep referring to your 4 years of experience, and how that is the basis for you knowing for a fact that things have changed in the last 3 to 6 months. Yet you speak of 5 raid flags (multiple times) and then you talk about how the AI is somehow hitting your corner heroes despite the fact that it is hard to hit the corner with tiles. I just don’t know any other 4-year player who would talk like that? :man_shrugging:

Anyhoo, do you want to go ahead with recording 12 consecutive raids to compare our boards?

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion that the hidden 20% bonus to attack/defense should go for no reason other than fairness. That or reduce it by half. In a world where emblems don’t exist, I would agree that defense should get a slight advantage in a form of a attack/defense buff. In reality though, 100E and 20% attack/defense is simply too insurmountable in a game where there is so much randomness during a match. I know someone is going to argue WELL JUST EMBLEM YOUR OWN TEAM forehead. You telling me every single hero you take on attack is emblemed to 20E? Get outta here.