Need to remove additional 20% on defense

No, adjusted.

You can read here more about the new mechanic.

1 Like

Thanks! English may be hard but I’ll do my best to understand.

It is without a doubt harder.

Back in season 2, Defense was still too weak. I would be in the top 100 almost every day by just filling my chests. Raids were won with little effort.

Late season 3, things changed for multiple reasons, most already mentioned.

Formations - Moat people seem learn to optimize their defense before offense (plus resources are usually prioritized to defense as well). There are pros and cons to each formation and it seems it takes players a little longer to figure out counters to what people are using.

Power Creep - The biggest tell to me is when a Mono team cant kill a hero with a single 3-tile match. I can hit Elizabeth with the bellow mono team with 3 tiles and she will still stand (yes, with her having zero buffs).

Mono Power Loss - Mono is still viable and times can still be the best, but as shown above not aways a good or the best choice. Till now, you could blow through your raids using it with little thought. You still can today, but its a lot harder.

Cleans / Despell Dependency - Again, till recently, you could get away without using these type of heroes. It would make things a little harder, but you could bulldoze your way through most of the time. Not so today. Sure, you can still win without them, but your win ratio is going to be far less than it used to be.

The possible reduction should help and 20% might even be a little too much. We will see.

2 Likes

One strategy I would like to share is, when I lose 3 raids in a row, I take a break for a few hours. It either way takes 3 hours to generate those 3 used flags, this way I wait out the RNG of the moment.

I also at times pic teams intuitively seeing the tile colours that are dropping more on that day… works many times, while there are occasional non-working plays too.

Example:
Most days, my Holy, Nature & ICE tiles do the job.
Sometimes I see a lot of dark tiles dropping & then I add Onyx / Panther to the day’s play, till something changes. This aware flexibility helps me regularly !

Great. I’ll look into it. Maybe I haven’t updated the game… it feels harder for some reason… Haha.

I have tried to seek the pattern. I go with multiple teams. With different options. Different raids, different teams. Different defense options. I rarely win more than 3 raids at a time.

My current team’s. Offensively. I occasionally swap out heros for attack purposes. Still the same.

They aren’t the strongest. They do the work. I have several in the pipe line that I just need to emblem up.

I used to win 4/5 raids. Now I’m lucky if I win 2 in a row.

I agree the formation had me stumped for a month. Till I found the patterns and best way to attack. If i don’t like the opposing heroes i normally reroll and swap heros till i find one i like. But even on standard and reverse double, the easiest defence it takes me 3 tries sometimes i even lose.

Good God that is a lovely blue team. Can’t wait to get to that level. Are you saying that they can’t kill Elizabeth in 3 hits?!

I do know that mono currently isn’t the way to go but on easy attacks they sometimes are non existent even to win.

I try to take in dispeller and cleanser wherever possible. Depending on who im attacking. I swap out heros. But to get them all charged up asap is harder.

I remember them saying they wanted to take away mono because it’s too easy. Statistically I think they have.

If they have implemented the reduction. I am barely feeling it. My rate of 80-90% win rate down to 40-60 win rate is very noticeable. Sucks horribly.

Still trying to find that pattern. Again with the new hero’s. It has made it even more incredibly hard.

I don’t use one team. I use multiple teams depending on what defense im up against. And yes I noticed that you wait a bit the luck may change. Still much much harder

Not in 3 hits, but a single 3-tile match. Till now, unless you hit a full emblemed “true” tank with a non-emblemed mono team, 3 tiles would kill them.

Heimdall would be a good example. You had to have at least 3 on your red mono team at least soft caped with emblems or heroes with high attack power to compensate in order to kill with 3 tiles. However, it could be done.

Now, that doesn’t work on new heroes. You would have to have full emblems and all heroes with very high attack power to kill some of these heroes with just 3 tiles. Elizabeth is the best example as she is pretty much consistent unless I get lucky on a crit. People already cry for nerfs on her…and I dont think thats the way to go…but reducing defense just might be the key.

She is one of the easiest top tier heroes to deal with in defense

1 Like

(full disclosure: I’ve always hated playing mono, so I’m biased against it)

Well there’s your problem. As others have mentioned you’re basically putting all your eggs in one basket and hoping the board gives you something workable. There was a time when I raided mono because I was significantly underpowred and were hitting teams that were otherwise completely out of my league. But as I developed my roster and raid teams over the years, I haven’t once felt the need to go mono outside of 3* tourneys where I’m always significantly underpowered.

Since you raided with some sort of non-mono staci at some point, why don’t you try going back to those teams and see how they fare?

Don’t forget formations play a large part in this too. Mono used to work ok because tiling out the tank early gave a pretty sizable advantage, but try running mono against a reverse formation and see how well that does lol.

Maybe I’m masochistic but I honestly don’t see the appeal in just rapidly bulldozing through everything with little thought. I mean this game is called Empires and Puzzles, so certainly having to strategize and think a little is intended and at least for me part of the fun factor.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed the different styles of playing. Fortunately I’m not underpowered. And these teams are within my league. I shall be trialing stacking again. But what I meant was even easy raids that can be done mono the game doesn’t want us to go mono anymore. I used to win a higher percentage of time now the losses are quite significant. The game is trying to make us stop going mono.

I’ve actually done pretty ok every now and then against reverse formation. Not the best at times but still good. My preferences are, standard, reverse double, reverse. May take on the others depending on hero placement and hero’s used.

But what I meant was even standard and reverse double that actually shouldn’t be a problem in winning with mono, the tiles don’t appear. Even after making diamonds and doing cascades. Those are easy wins. Or used to be. I’ll be lucky if I finish it on my 3rd try. I’ve sometimes even lost on all 3. Which should not be the case. No matter how strong the hero’s are because they should be straight up killed easily.

I used to win these around 4/5 times now im lucky if I get it on my 3rd try.

I agree that some strategy should be involved. But if you have a tank smack in the middle and you don’t get the colours required to kill it which is also a strategy then something’s way off.

Previously, I’ve lost before while going mono. Even after killing the tank. But I still killed the tank. Now im not even doing a dent because there’s no colours or not enough damage.

Which I find is quite weird. That’s fine that the game wants us to stop playing mono. But if there’s a tank smack dab in the centre and it calls for mono why not? Still a strategy.

In war (generally) you wanna kill the opponent quickly and with minimal losses. A long drawn out battle, defense usually wins. Plus stacking could take quite a few minutes to kill various heroes.

1 Like

Reverse and Double are bad for mono because you are limited to vertical matches. Horizontal matches will hit neighboring targets and will not give you that focused attack that gives mono its advantage. Throw in in a hero like Elizabeth who is emblemed for defense and you are going to have a hard time taking her out with tiles early in the match.

Standard and Reverse Double formation open the center target to both vertical and horizontal matches so mono is the same as it always been. You just have to deal with the power creep.

1 Like

In very simple terms, instead of a 20% boost for all defences, it"s now linked to team strength.

The more powerful a defence is, the lower the boost they get.

Off topic but that combo of Gazelle, Panther and Onyx is so unfair if the timing is right. Especially in those reverse formations.

Gazelle is going to help your win/loss ratio

Since I got my L23 troops done, the 3 mentioned combo firing timing is mostly right & game over. It’s fun !

1 Like

That is awesome! Funny you said that, I spent the last few weeks focussing all my ham on levelling troops and finish levelling my rainbow mana troops to lvl 23. Just finished last week and what a game changer. That boosted my win percentage quite a bit.

2 Likes

It just shows the inanity of this game. Raids too difficult because the devs keep milking their cash cow? Nerf something to make it more “fair”. Now the game is too “fair”? Release stronger heroes to keep on milking the poor saps of all their money.

1 Like

Try using 3-2 (2 colors) with 2 healers (different color). Don’t forget ghosting to double the mana.

1 Like