Need some clarification - Zynga vs Russian players - Staff Response - post #10

@Petri @DaveCozy @mhalttu

Below is a direct copy of the update listed. I just recieved a message from an alliance mate that Russian players may not be able to continue can you or anyone else please clarify. This is my first forum post so I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong spot. I also couldn’t reply to the terms and services update post.

"

EmpiresPuzzlesStaff

3h

We will be updating our Terms of Service to consolidate with Zynga’s Terms of Service and comply with the upcoming California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Here is a brief summary of the changes:

• Adjustments and clarifications to the first section, including eligibility to use the Service (age).
  • Added section “15. AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER”
  • Added section: 17. VENUE FOR LEGAL DISPUTES NOT SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION”
  • Added section “24. FORCE MAJEURE”
  • Added translated versions of the document
  • General clarifications to make the document easier to read and comprehend

You can find the updated document at https://www.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service?v=09080 . Please take your time to read this document. You will be presented with an in-game pop-up to accept the updated Terms of Service in the upcoming days.

In practice, the fact that the terms of service are under Zynga’s name now, shouldn’t be visible to you, the players. The most notable change is that you will receive a prompt asking you to accept these terms much like the other Zynga titles do. Please also note that all support requests will be handled as they have been previously."

1 Like

For reference

Zynga has other games and must use these same Terms of Service. Can your Russian player not play any of them either?

Aren’t these Terms and Conditions fairly standard for most games?

3 Likes

I’m not sure , I dont exactly know where her information came from I just wanted to know it it was true

I’m going to edit your title to see if it will garner more attention.

3 Likes

I appreciate it thank you.

@JonahTheBard @zephyr1 @Rigs If you have any information I’d appreciate it. You all seem to have perspective on a great many issues.

3 Likes

I’m not in the loop :upside_down_face:

@petri?

3 Likes

Fine

They should be fine.

But it is very confusing ( see notes )

###Notes

Click for notes

TOS

Is confusing.

Treasury Department

(Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN) Human Readable Lists | Office of Foreign Assets Control)

Duke University

FIN

5 Likes

@Gryphonknight does this mean that Zynga may have to officially respond before we know for sure. I appreciate your response and apologize for not including you in the previous message, you are also very informed on a myriad of topics.

1 Like

Hi, Russian players can play as usual. In fact, we now offer translated Terms of Service to multiple languages, including in Russian. There should not be visible changes to players except the upcoming TOS pop-up.

26 Likes

Thank you for the reply and my alliance will be thrilled to hear the news. Also big thanks to anyone else that contributed. Have a great day

8 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response @Petri :grin::+1:

9 Likes

The Russians are our favourite war opponent, there’s no way they’d be excluded

1 Like

Thank you for your clarification. Always helpful and appreciated.

1 Like

Staff of SG or Zynga? Just wondering?

1 Like