Need help with creating a good raid defence team

Hey all, I’ve been playing the game for a couple of years now, completing all seasons on normal and hard whilst also posting good scores in challenge events and wars. But one thing I’m missing is the ability to create a solid raid defense team. I don’t raid a lot but I usually bounce between high platinum and low diamond tier, with my highest trophy count being 2722. Attached is my current roster of 5* and 4* heroes (lots of dupes saved up for Soul Exchange). The heroes at the top of the first image are my current defense team, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nice heroes :slight_smile: I don´t have most of them, but just as a starting point, I would try:

MN-Sobek-LuBu-Hanitra-Lewena

Of course Morel, Elisabeth (in flank) and Emilio are also good options.

Another idea:
LotL could be an option for tank (without the costume bonus, the stats are of course older than LuBu), and it makes it harder to put together a good rainbow. LuBu isn´t really an option anywhere except tank. The rest of the team could stay the same, having double green or you could swap MN for Morel, double blue makes more sense behind a green tank. Also increases the speed of your team.

Morel-Hanitra-LotL-Sobek-Lewena

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and suggestions, I’ll definitely try them both out!

I do agree Morel and Elizabeth are good options, especially as a pair with their % chance to spawn underwild gems also. I would have also loved to squeeze Emilio in there somehow but I don’t have a reliable enabler for his burn dot to apply.

The funny thing about your comment suggesting LuBu being tank and leaving the rest of the team untouched is what I run in wars since my alliance use purple tanks and he’s my best lol

Sorry I didn´t understand that your team 1 was your current def team, I was just making up something new from scratch.

That team 1 has a few flaws I think: Left side 2 blues is no good idea: Best not to have same colour next to each other also The slower one has to be more central the faster one can be on the wing. See my suggestion 2 (Morel left wing, Sobek right flank)
The right side of your def is far too slow. A slow hero should really only be on tank, flank, if you have mana boosters (which you don´t), and definitely no slow hero on wing. Also never put healers on wing, that is entirely wasted, if they fire at all they fire after after your team is dead and that means they hardly heal anyone.
So wings need to be fast speed hitters if at all possible, in your case that is Morel and Lewena. Mother North works with slow speed, because the whole point for her is to revive dead heroes, so you want to fire her after some have died, so she can revive them. Emilio is an option, because he is even very fast, but I think Lewena is better. So pick your wings from the 3 options: Morel, Lewena MN.
If you want to use any slow heroes at all, put them in tank, your most powerful slow heroes are LuBu and Lotl. Elisabeth or Sobek are also an option for tank of course, but then you can´t play the other 2. Elisabeth and Sobek are probably best used as flanks.
Speaking of flanks: There you have most options: Morel and Lewena are of course great flanks as well, but assuming they are used for wings, there is also: Hanitra (only yellow option for your team), she can really not be anywhere else than flank. For tank she isn´t scary enough and dodgers on wing fire too late to be of use.

So if you want a rainbow defense, you basically have to use LuBu tank and Hanitra as 1 flank, leaving the other 3 spots open to fiddle around with.

The other option is to skip those two altogether, since you have mutliple good reds and blues, then you would want a green tank and 2 each of the other colours behind it. Lucky for you you have 1 good flank and 1 good wing in each of those colours. Only one of them has a clear side preference (Morel left), so easy to put the rest together:

Morel-Elisabeth-Lotl-Sobek-Lewena

I think I like this option better than my second option from yesterday! Only difference is Elisabeth instead of Hanitra, but Since LotL is already dealing no damage, better to have good damage on the flanks. Lotl and Hanitra is too passive a center.

So either the rainbow from option 1 yesterday or this one here would be my top picks.

3 Likes

Thank you so much again for replying.

Yeah, team one was my current defense team but it doesn’t line up the way the game shows. Guli/Morel/LOTL/Elizabeth/Sobek was the lineup but because I have my heroes sorted by power it’s displayed them that way.

My thinking behind that was Guli for obvious over heals then have the enemies mana controlled by LOTL minions and Elizabeth’s mana slow then set up a big one-two punch with Morel’s def down followed up by Sobek for huge damage. Seemed hit and miss, I could enter the game either up or down 100 cups.

I’m now currently using your MN/Sobek/LuBu/Hanitra/Lewena team you suggested yesterday but have not been attacked since (maybe everyone is scared now haha) so no feedback to give on that yet. I will definitely be keeping your Morel/Elizabeth/LOTL/Sobek/Lewena team in my back pocket as a switch-up!

I agree with the lineup for now. Hanitra is the weak link but you have some unleveled holy heroes on your bench that would nicely replace her.

Do you have any suggestions on which hero to start leveling for defense and in general for that matter? I have the materials to fully ascend any colour. I have that many to level I start getting overwhelmed on who to pick.

I don’t have him but of your choices, Motega is the one that scares me most on a defense. Could be an indictment on certain aspects of my roster, but that’s probably who I’d put up first.

1 Like

Great, thank you! I’ll start leveling him right now.

I personally would level Bastet and Matilda, those are the best heroes you have :smiley:
Bastet makes an excellent tank and would be a really good upgrade as a tank.

Matilda is more of an offense weapon, she´s nearly a one click win button. So I´d go for her first. Kara is another amazing choice, she can go both offense and defense and could replace Hanitra, but I don´t think Hanitra is bad in that position at all, so you don´t need an urgent upgrade.
Motega is another really good hero, but like Matilda I would use him mostly on offense, i don´t like charge heroes on defense, they behave too randomly instead of you chosing the best charge for the situation.
In red I would choose Hypnos, but also Tahir is quite interesting, he can use Emilios ailment for maximum damage. Both are offense, but you have enough defense options already. Kravekrush is also interesting.
In blue Iris seems the most useful.
Green is tough. Not sure if I would go for Lianna with her costume Bonus or maybe Silvaria? Both are decent, neither is a game changer.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you for your suggestions and in-depth descriptions. I’ll put them in teams so they’re near the top of my roster and then I know I’ll need them for something further down the line. You’ve been a massive help.

1 Like

Actually it´s a good idea to imagine the teams you want to play and then upgrade the heroes for those teams.
That can be war teams or titan teams or event teams, whatever you feel like improving.

Otherwise one just upgrades the “best” hero, but then doesn´t really have a team that hero works in and ends up either not playing the new hero or playing a bad team, just to play with the hero…

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you on that one. I usually try to think of possible combinations and synergies for any hero before I decide to level them up, sometimes they work, and sometimes they don’t, which is something I need to get better at. Otherwise like you said they just sit there unused when the materials would have been better used for a completely different hero.