Need help explaining Alliance War and Mismatching

There has been many post explaining how the war works and some are in disagreement. I am
Posting this question because something may have changed after last few updates. My alliance continues to be mismatched. Our current War has us matched up with a team of 30 with only one member with a tp under 3000. We are a training alliance with six members under 3000 and in fact 2 that just qualified to participate. They have ten members over 4100 and we have five. We won the last war by 2 points but lost the two before, and that, for the most part has been our win ratio- 1 in 3. Can someone give me a reasonable argument as to why this makes sense with the current program and what is that program.

Welcome back to the forum.

FWIW it’s tough for anyone to give you an informed response, without knowing all the facts. Similarly, your opposition may be coming off a series of losses as well. You also can’t determine the depth of the opposition’s hero roster, as people will, well should, always put forward their best war defense team.

There are thousands of posts in this thread alone, inquiring about war mismatching.

More information here…

1 Like

We are having the same issue in our alliance :Pirates & Cats:

We continually get far bigger teams in war no matter that they say about the TOP 30 Players…

At times our opposition has had over 20 x 4K teams when we have had around 12…

I think the last war they had about 21 x 4K teams and we had 15…

Mind you - this was our 3rd straight loss and 3rd straight Team that was a monstrous mismatch…

We won 3 in a row and now we feel like we are being punished - we are continually beating teams that are a bit bigger than us scoring around 4500 up to around 5000 points…

After 3 wins in a row we got belted by a massive team that scored around 6000 Points with a few flags left… how is that fair?

Then another massive team belted us…

And in the last war again… we scored our usual 4600 points and got smashed again by a far larger team

Like WTF??

I don’t understand being punished for being a successful team by this massive mismatch…

It sucks big fat hairy donkey balls and is disheartening…

Long story short: your alliance gets punished every time it wins.

Doesn’t matter if you beat a stronger opponent - in fact, beating a strong opponent virtually guarantees that your next opponent will be much stronger than the last one you beat.

I wish the matchmaking was only based on the power of each alliance’s teams. Unfortunately, there is also a win/loss modifier that is basically just out to screw you if your team performs “too well”.

Form a new alliance and move members there. it will work.

Supposedly they have fixed that issue, that is no longer possible. Your individual war history will carry over to the new alliance.

Sarah thanks for response. Series of losses would not explain away the fact that as a training alliance, our bottom people who have been playing for 3 weeks (FTP),and that have at the most two 3* in their roster would be matched up against an alliance with their lowest player being 2932. As a training alliance our members have posted their rosters for review and training so I know for a fact that it is not the case that they aren’t using their best on the field. And also as stated I would like clarity on how the system matched teams. Some say it’s the roster, some say is the win scale. Which one is it? I could not find a post directly from SG stating on record how it is done.

It’s both roster and win scale. How much each one factors in, that I don’t know, that’s a question I’ve been asking for a long time. It seems to lean heavier on the win scale than on actual roster. My alliance has several members whose best teams are around 3600-3700 TP and we have been matched up against opponents whose lowest teams were over 4000 TP.

Win/loss is simple. You gain/lose 2000 points in war score for each one, for the last 10 or 20 wars (I forget which). Everything else is based on top 30 heroes and top 5 troops.

Contrary to what you said above, how strong the other alliance is does not matter. If you beat them, you gain 2000 points. If you lose, you drop 2000. It’s that simple.

And history is important, because it helps count all the other things that aren’t otherwise counted. Do you use all war flags? Do you have a strategy? Do you have a really deep roster? Trying to give those a point value would be very difficult.

2000 points per war? No, that’s incorrect.

EDIT: might be accurate for 30 v. 30 wars, but I fight in smaller wars, and our war change is not that high.

Our last war was 12 v. 12. We lost, and I believe our score dropped about 400 points (war score, not total alliance score).

2 Likes

This is your answer.

What is our answer?

We are put up against teams 10,000 higher than us!

But they say that thats not how they pick war opponents…

They use the TOP 30 players of each player in the war team…

But we are also getting opponents with over 20 - 4K + teams when we are down at 15 - 4K teams or less…

Its BS…

3 wars in a row we’ve faced massive teams…

In the last war we were a lot better match… the were slightly bigger than us…

We beat them by 500 points…

Any team our own size we can beat - but why does that mean we should be penalised by playing 3 straight teams that have been up to 10K bigger than us and/or 10 team more over 4K !

So now this. Wording has changed. It now notes that war score is based on each opted in individual performance and NOT alliance win/loss. Can someone link me the update note from the Devs in this. I just want some kind of formula to roll out to alliance members for a win strategy here.

There is no known formula as far as I’m aware (and I’ve looked).

As for the confirmation of war history changing from an alliance metric to player metric: