Natalya’s Talent Grid - Attack stat effect on DOTs?

Does everyone realize that her DOT is an actual number (700) on the card and not a % of her attack stat? They would have to modify that printed number or the confusion level would be high.

1 Like

Can you post the card

The confusion is that it scales up as she levels up. Isn’t affected by stat buffs while in battle, but does get affected by troops and, from everyone is saying, direct +attack upgrades in the talent grid.

Yes, it is quite confusing… smh

1 Like

1 Like

This is with a troop equipped.

1 Like

Confusion IS high about DoT. Not a week goes by without someone saying, “my Azar/Colen/etc. is broken because the damage on my card doesn’t match the portal card!”.

So let me say it again:

DoT is linked to Attack stat. If Colen is < 4/70, the card damage is below the 4/70 level because the attack stat isn’t maxed. You can see this directly by taking a DoT hero into battle—you will see that the DoT is higher than the card value because of the troop +attack bonus.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever paid attention to that troop enhanced number in battle. Thanks.

So then if the +attack talent is enabled from her talent tree, it will increase DOT, and if the talent grid is fully upgraded, deal 1003 damage to non-Nature enemies? The hell yes. Give me all the sorcerer emblems!

I don’t recall the exact number, but, yes, it really cranks. Gravemaker does insane damage. Azlar is absolutely lethal.

Now all I’m curious about is how often the Class Quest will come around and if they will be on a regular cycle… but that’s a topic for a different thread lol

Class quests 2 days a week

Rotation is yet to be figured out or announced unless i missed it

Easiest way to remember is that it does go up with the attack stat, but only the stat going into battle (i.e level of hero, and equipping troops). Any temp changes during battle are ignored.
It applies to Natalya, Lady Locke, Sartanas lingering poison, Morgan, Nashgar, Colen, Yunan anyone who has DoT in any form applied to their special.

4 Likes

Sounds reasonable to me. But what’s your source? Lol :wink: (link?)

Well since SG tries to break their own rules/molds with just about every hero they release:

New hero with DoT that can be buffed but doesnt increase with troops and class upgrading

Should fit into their design process pretty well

1 Like

I think Gravemaker +20 hit for something like 548hp (+ your troop modifier%, so a level 18 troop for instance is 668hp) over two turns, along with his initial 135% impact damage. With the speed he attacks, it was vile.
Or you could just stack out his defence and health, and have him hitting at his current rate 5 times per battle before dying.

Think of it like this - DOT % is based off of the base inherent attack stat (i.e. the number on the card). Attack buffs add a temporary modifier. Troops add directly to the inherent stats on the front of the card as do Talent attack bumps. That’s why troops and talent affect DOT but temporary battle buffs do not.

2 Likes

Yes, Natalya DoT is really sweet in total damage and is indispellable, so an almost certain death… but:

A) it takes time to kill them, in the meantime heroes can cure themself or kill you.

B) It not add to the same hero. If you have 1 hero left with already her burn status on and full mana again, it just restart without adding any real damage.

Not saying this to state that she is bad, but as all the heroes you have pro e cons.

2 Likes

If Nats DoT scaled with attack buffs she would be OP as all heck. She is already hella scary in all mono team with Zimkitty keeping her alive and parked next to Lancelot i have had her kill 2-3 enemy heroes herself multiple times. I look forward to beefing her up with more attack stat, she will be a wrecking ball more then she already is now. Much :heart: for Nat!

Mono is overpowered no matter who you use

Either way though, i wish developers would be more consistent with mechanics and effects

Stats being effected by 1 thing but not effected by another thing that does the same as the other thing is just utterly ridiculous and lazy in my opinion

1 Like