Name Your Favorite “Non-Hero”

The only power I wanted was the power to protect myself and my fellow friendly alliance mates from abuse by others in power. If anyone in my alliance is going to abuse anyone else, it’s going to be me.

And since I have no interest in abusing anyone, it should never become an issue at all. :grin:

I call you an eternal optimist because compared to me, you are. There are many times where in my mind, I am thinking “we don’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of winning this war…”

But I don’t want to say it out loud, because that would be demoralizing to the team.

It leaves me conflicted because, on the one hand, I think a good leader should rally their team, even when faced against overwhelming odds.

On the other hand, I don’t think a good leader should lie to their team either.

It’s helpful to have a fellow leader who is able to put a positive spin on a bad situation, to make it seem less bad. Because without that, I’d probably just shrug and say “looks like we’re going to lose another one, guys… just use your flags for whatever and get whatever points you can, I don’t care anymore.” Which would be incredibly foolish, because we’ve actually won quite a few of the wars I never thought we stood a chance of winning. Never give up, never surrender!

2 Likes

hehe! i think that’s where my “wow, this one seems tough, but let’s try this!” attitude comes in handy :wink:

we definitely strike a good balance this way :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s usually my attitude when attempting a personal revenge raid or something… because if I lose, I lose. Okay, a few cups gone, no big deal. I’ll just sweep that under the rug and hope that nobody else in the alliance is watching my cup count and thinking “DAMMMMMN TGW! DIDN’T YOU HAVE LIKE 2300 CUPS AN HOUR AGO? NOW YOU’RE DOWN TO 2150? WHAT HAPPENED, DUDE?”

:astonished: :flushed: :persevere:

I tried to raid out of my league and it didn’t go well. You weren’t supposed to see that! :laughing:

Compared to wars… if I go in gung-ho against opponent’s top dog, thinking “oh yeah, I’m pumped up, I can take this guy, I’m not scared!”

… then I get a really awful board for a single digit score on that flag…

“Okay, I know you all just saw that. Is it too late for me to change my name and join a different alliance?” :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t want to be part of this favourites thing but I love @Akionna input, have a soft spot for @SamMe and really like @Ultra insight.

EDIT, there are a pile of others, @sleepyhead, @Chadmo, @Cheds and @nevarmaor for starters… AND the epic @Sarah2.

10 Likes

very sweet of you @sft1965 . and I love your great tactical mind (always so observant about our opponent in wars!) and your When Suddenly contributions… hee hee! You invented Creepy Uncle Vodnik, I still giggle every time I think of him

3 Likes

We may not agree all the time (or at all :joy:) but I like anyone that engages in a civilised debate.

But @Math4lyfe is why I’m in the Crew family, a place I feel very at home in, so she will always get a shout out from me when able

3 Likes

I’ve been summoned. Say what now?

Scroll to the top…
A thread started from March '19 - what necromancy skills you have :wink:. Oh @TGW was involved too?! Colour me “not surprised” lol.

Did anyone else realise the OP was last seen Jul 22 of that same year :thinking:. Interesting.

Thanks for the shout out :kissing_heart: and I, FWIW, enjoy reading your many posts throughout the forum. Mutual respect. Epic… Awwww… That’s my word for the day.

2 Likes

Aw man, I wanted to call out other forum regulars too… okay okay okay… here we go in no particular order… starting with the ones in this thread that I have not called out already…

@Cheds shout out to you for the same reason you stated in your own shoutout!
We hardly ever agree with each other, but you are at least respectful enough to not call me an idiot.

Also @Math4lyfe was an awesome contributor here, I hope she is doing okay? Send her my regards and well wishes.

@Sarah2 you are a genuinely nice person and I respect that quality in anyone.

@Akionna another genuinely nice person with great storytelling creativity!

@SamMe how could I not like someone who shares a lot of the same opinions as I do? You’re obviously a genius :grin:

@Ultra echoing sft’s praise, you tell it straight like it is and I appreciate that.

@Chadmo always enjoy your posts, you seem like good people to me!

@nevarmaor you are to music what Jonah is to bardic stuff. Wish you posted here more often!

I think I covered all the ones mentioned here…?

Which is not to say that I’ve forgotten the rest of you. There are several others I can think of, but I’ll save that for another day so that I’m not tagging everyone at once.

3 Likes

Very kind of you TGW, your posts are always thought provoking, and that what forums need. I grew up on AOL chat rooms in my 20s, so I have a grasp on how to be an “asset”. No one wants a one-trick pony who’s only funtion is to aggravate. In real life I can be a bit direct, but that’s earned.

Keep on keepin’ on pal.

Back in my 20s, I also frequented chat rooms. Mostly just for general conversation and such, but I also enjoyed playing the part of the clown. Jokes, pranks and such. Nothing intended to be malicious. I was mostly there for friendly conversation. Exchange of ideas, learning about different people and cultures. I always enjoyed that.

Now, here? Much of the same. I try to inject humor into subjects about the game, especially those topics that seem to be the most controversial. But I also post my honest opinions on the game and life itself (causing me to oftentimes meander into off-topic territory). Am I always “right”? No, not always. Which is why I like hearing opposing opinions. For most of the topics on here, there is no right or wrong answer, it’s just differences of opinion. But for some others, there are definite concrete “yes or no” answers, and when it comes to topics like that - I absolutely want to “correct” those who are passing false information, while at the same time, I also absolutely want others to correct me in the case that I might have been given false information.

Because I did in fact unfortunately pick up a lot of false information from others in this game throughout the years, and I don’t think false information benefits anyone at all.

1 Like

Same brain. We all need a little levity. So this forum in my mind has 3 functions. Information is paramount…who should I ascend, what new heros are coming out, how do I best beat a hero. People come here for that foremost. Second, to be helpful. If you know an answer, help someone! We all started this game and had issues, make someone’s game playing easier. And lastly, have fun! Games aren’t a career traditionally, it’s there so you can enjoy yourself and hopefully help yourself forget all the crappy things about day to day life.

Once the joy is gone, there’s no need for this game or forum. And that’s the reason to be an an asset, do one of those things and you are golden.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I wish I could be more of an asset around here… but when people ask me questions like, “who should I ascend first? Telluria or Heimdall?”

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… I dunno? I don’t have either one. I’ve fought both of them several times though, and they’re both a pain in my ■■■.

Did that help you? No? Okay. Sorry! Good luck with whatever you decide. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aww, I’m blushing :grin: :ok_hand: thanks

LOL thank you. I need to do some reorganizing and repair work at home. Then watch out!

1 Like

I look forward to hearing more of your music!

Also, seriously, if you haven’t already, you should consider trying to sell some of your original songs on iTunes or something.

I was not really allowed to name or tag you as you seem to be the real deal. I swear, I could change my username to FakeTGW and get more gongs, bells and whistles.

1 Like

Once again, you are selling yourself short. You are the real deal also.

The real deal that I am is someone who literally just spits out every random thought that comes out of my head. Some of it is funny, some of it might be thought provoking, a lot of it is just stupid and occasionally offensive.

“if an infinite number of monkeys were left to bang on an infinite number of typewriters, sooner or later they would accidentally reproduce the complete works of William Shakespeare”

My brain is essentially an infinite number of monkeys banging on an infinite number of typewriters, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings