Name Change Question – Do I have to pay to change my name back to my original name?

I still have the name the system gave me, many months later. I thought it was different, and kind of funny so I haven’t been in a rush to change it. But it doesn’t really fit me.

So I am wondering…I am aware the first name change is free, then it costs 500 gems for any further changes.

If you change your name, do you have the option of returning to the old one for free, or does it cost gems to do that?

Thanks !

Sorry, you have to pay. And pay and pay and pay and pay…

1 Like

This seems to confirm what @LSLordy said, that you’d have to pay again:

:joy: Why does that not surprise me?!?!

Thanks guys!

Back to more agonizing over names :grimacing:

(or pay in :gem: for your mistake :wink:)

2 Likes

it shows the money making rip off this game is

Accidental name change is too easy. Players should be able to restore their original name…ine changed by itself when the phone was in my bag… Disgusted…

It… changed by itself? What are the chances of that?!

Low chances. Like getting GM… unfortunately I didn get GM.
I didn t close the game, and when i got the phone back I couldn’t cancel it…

Yep. Most games have static usernames and display name (usually poorly moderated via an automatic filter), which you can change at will. And gems you use don’t seem to be going towards building out features which have been widely established for 5-10 years in industry :rofl:

The price for a name change was imposed because of people using the ability to freely change their current ingame name to troll, stalk, and harass other people in the ingame chats. Blame the rather unpleasant people who abused the free changes for the current cost for name changes. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I thought it was always the case that the first name change is free, and any subsequent name change costs 500 gems each time?

No. When I started in May 17, all name changes were free, until Small Giant had to stop people abusing the changes.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! That was before I started playing.