Myztero or Alfrike- Need help

In my humble opinion Myztero is not worth investing any materials. My biggest regret in my game promoting him. Doesn’t even make my War roster.

2 Likes

You’d think with the rarity of Myztero that his powers would be amazing. But it seems they are just average.

1 Like

They could be great. But his stats are so mismatched that it doesn’t work out.

2 Likes

They really missed the mark on Myztero, given his rarity he should be a better version of Lady Loki, not worse. The biggest issue with Myztero is you still need a cleanser, yeah yeah just bring cRigs I hear you say, but what if I want to save his special because somebody else is about to go off, or I just really don’t need that heal right now?

Yes a purple Lady Loki at very fast speed would be slightly OP I agree, but given his 0.1% pull rate in what’s widely regarded as one of the worst portals to summon from (ToL), I don’t think he’ll threaten the game balance any time soon.

1 Like

I actually prefer my Mztero to my Lady Loki. He hits at 6 tiles instead of 9, he sends ailments back to all 5 regardless of whether he gets hit by a hit 1, hit 3 or hit 5, he sends ailments for full duration, he can send undispellable ailments and he can send the ailments back at any time rather than whilst they are still on the team. He doesn’t cleanse, he doesn’t hit as hard, and needs some emblems to make him more survivable - but the aspects above more than make up for it.

I don’t see bringing C Rig as a detriment in any way - at 9 tiles the heal is very rarely wasted (it is over time so in a worse case scenario it offsets future slash attacks) and if you are bringing Myztero then you are likely cleansing 2 or 3 ailments by the time you triggere C Rig the first time. I (almost) always bring C Rig to every battle anyway, so it is not like I am specifically bringing a hero that I otherwise wouldn’t.

If the issue is that he should be OP given his “secret/rare” hero status then I can’t really do anything about that perception/expectations. But taking his rarity aside (which in reality is really the same rarity as almost every other 5* non S1 non HOTM hero in the game) then he is actually very good, and top 3 fun heroes in the game to use

I agree that without emblems he is underwhelming and can die before making an impact.

At 17 emblems I have him at 797 defense and 1551 health which is enough to keep him alive in most cases, and enough to make him very effective.

It is the case of a hero that becomes much much better with emblems, the improvement bigger than most other heroes get

I totally get it. I have major competition for rogue and cleric emblems in my roster. I have fed Myztero most of my rogue emblems recently, at the expense of Musashi and my yellow stack. Myz is now at 17 emblems and has high survivability at 797 defense and 1551 health (I think he goes up to 818 defense with the level 19 node). Unemblemed he does run the risk of dying before a heal/cleanse is available.

I recorded 10 quick raids against Bera tanks (apologies for the blurring in parts of the first video, I had a call/text). The regulars on the team are C Rig and Proteus. C Rig provides the critical cleanse and heal whilst also boosting the Myz hit to a decent 160-180. Proteus is able to shut down one side of the board whilst Myz works on reflecting the other side (more or less).

The last 2 spots I am playing around with a bit. I ran Grazul this time and her synergy with Myz is strong on paper - but I am not 100% satisfied with the value she adds in practice. With other minion tanks I often run Noor in her spot. I was running Lady Loki as well for the safety net in a different color, but it is not mandatory and this time I included Malicna who I am really liking. If I can get Malicna to 9 tiles it would be a huge boost, but that is a LOT of emblems away. The benefit there is she gets the level 17 mana troop and so she can then boost Proteus with her elemental link.

I introduced Zocc to replace Grazul in the last 5 raids and I think he fits the team better.

These 10 raids went well - it doesn’t always go as well as this, but this Myz team is a strong counter to Bera and top defences. The single raid in the last video is basically an implementation of the strategy when all elements combine perfectly

A hero that has a 0.1% of appearing once a month (now once every other month) shouldn’t need a ton of emblems to “keep him alive in most cases”.

Even Thoth is decent at +17.

But investing the resources to get him there generally means you’re not doing so to a far better hero.

Better chance than any other hero in TOL, same chance as most heroes in S3 and Atlantis (although as you say it is now every 2nd month)

I don’t believe that Thoth is decent in any way, shape or form and regardless of how many emblems you pile onto him. He will barely hold his own in a raid much less win it for you, which is what a Myztero + 17 can often do.

I agree his stats could be a bit bulkier in base form. That applies to other good/great heroes in the game including Proteus, Brynhild, C Melendor who are all support heroes but cannot survive at all without emblems. Musashi is a great attacker but he also dies in stiff breeze so is almost useless without emblems. Skadi is one of the best heroes in the game but unless you emblem her up with attack her special has very little impact as she is not killing minions. Richard, Elkanen, some others (regardless of Costume or not) - very underwhelming unless you give them attack emblems. Actually all 5* snipers on offense are underwhelming unless you emblem them up in attack - many wlil not kill a single target with 2 snipers.

I would easily agree to rebalancing his stats to be something more like Grimble. But lacking that happening my viewpoint is he is a great hero with a few emblems on him

It is late for you, but I would still suggest that you read the topic before you weigh in with your attack as you are going to miss by a wide margin. I was choosing only Bera tanks to show @Elianne how a Myztero team can work against a 4700tp Bera team. I skipped some far easier teams so that I could demonstrate this. Check it out - 10 raids only against Bera tanks.

I would recommend that you read properly and get off your reroll high horse, especially when its not relevant at all.

Like I said it’s late :yum:

But including rerolls in the discussion has meaning. Especially if win ratio is a talking point. I see you searching for Bera here, so the reroll high horse is stabled for now, until you start beating a dead one again.

This essentially sums up Myztero for me. I find his cons to outweigh the pros relative to Lady Loki, hence why I think he’s inferior. But of course this is just my opinion and others may feel very differently.

That’s where the dead horse is
You have a different roster
Different troops
Different options!

Bera’s versatility?
Or Myztero’s niche?

Finding something dependable plays a BIG role when delivering emblems

1 Like

Exactly. For an ultra rare hero, he isn’t fun and powerful if the circumstances needed demand so many variables lined up to make him playable. How many times has he sat there useless and dependent on other heroes, and MAYBE has some impact if by luck the opposition AI managed to target and hit him.

So I don’t dislike the hero, he has a lot of potential. But polishing a turd by over claiming his virtue … people can claim he is shiny but it’s still a turd, LOL,

Knowing how ascension mats are so rare, and how much effort it takes players (esp FTP and CTP) to level one to max, for other players sake … both negative and positive reviews are necessary.

Your response was very logical and clear… you like him but he is very limited. I wholeheartedly support your POV… and agree. I like him, but he needs improvement to be more fun and usable.

LoL. Beat a dead horse.

There is also this saying:

To put it in perspective

Chances of being hit by a special:

• joon or any other 1-hitter: 20%
  • jabber: 0 or 100%
  • gm, clarissa, onatel, c azlar or any other 3 hitter: 60%
  • bera or alfrike: 67% (for bera based on 5 minions, and the % chance is for each turn minions are alive)
  • tel, vel, jf, azlar, Isarnia, frigg, or any or any other aoe: 100%

Good try, but the probability gets more complicated than that… quantative insights require a bit more number crunching to show perspective on playability.

More importantly … qualatative feedback from players is resounding clear about this.

Care to share? The number crunching seems pretty easy and straightforward to me

Yes this phenomenon is rampant in the forum and is called confirmation bias. I’ve encountered it myself. I remember when gm misses myz much more than when he hits him… and when it’s twice in a match it haunts me. But overall I win a lot more than I lose and part of that is because gm hits myz more than he misses

Well yes, I don’t think there is much disagreement here except on the subjective question of what is fun. For me, there aren’t many things left in E&P that still float my boat. Wars are one of them - for the camaraderie and unpredictability - and using (or combining) innovative heroes in unusual and creative ways is another. That’s why I still like him - his skill is unique - I have always liked heroes that turn an opponents strength against them - related to, but slightly different to that of the Lokis
And it requires timing, and sometime placement (such as when you deliberately put myztero in jabber’s path so as to be able to poison the whole enemy team). Scarcity of resources is a limiting factor in any game - as you say, scarcity of Ascension mats means he is a terrible choice for an early player. Scarcity of emblems means a player like me has to choose between him and others (and I chose francine, c marj and jackal over him). But emblems are much easier to find now (thank you mythic titan!) so maybe time to start using him again, as per homacleese’s anti-bera vids.

If I had one suggestion for making him attractive to a wider player base (than just homacleese and me) it would be to give him dodge - either as a second passive or once he fired his special. This would be very much in keeping with his “elusive servant of the shadows” persona and potentially is very powerful - he might end up taking out whole teams by himself. I have no idea what percentage would work - it would stack with his rogue talent - but would be fun. Might even make him viable on defense or at least annoying.

Oh man… dang it! Now I gotta saddle the horse… you’re leaving something out in regards to your win ratio! By discounting how often you reroll to collect your wins…helps promote further confirmation bias. These rerolls are not about filling a chest.

I have Margaret. I like Margaret. I put her in between Gazelle and Qoh. Watching QoH dodge often was great. Or… watching Gazelle dodge, that was nice too!

However, unlike you, I still supported a minor buff. Mostly because it wouldn’t break the game. I said my piece. And I respected other folks rosters.

And people continued to rant about her and I carried on enjoying a hero many didn’t like.

Observe two posts ago and see where you take a different approach. All over the forum everywhere!

And then… I got C. Kadilen… and despite even that Margaret was buffed,
My roster grew and I found a hero that works more often. Has greater versatility.
I quit using Margaret :pensive:

It’s cool that you pulled Myztero and now get to

But did you also pull Hel?
Jabberwock, Seshat, Panther or Ursena?

And now another thread is burst to flames. This should be between Alfrike…

It’s cool that your agreeing that Myztero is rare and comparing him to other 5* who are also very rare.
Thanks for that.

We should keep looking at that though.
I’m seeing dupes of dupes for some of those other rare heroes.

Which is why your approach is so inflammatory. Not only is Myztero rare.
He is the secret hero!.
And people are disappointed.
Have options…
@fight_happy has a lot of great content on this forum. I’d love to see his roster. And am sure he has some information that would make me a better player!

I think there is an argument here for Myztero over Alfrike.
But Alfrike’s niche is almost non existent

1 Like