šŸ» Myztero ā€“ 5* Purple/Dark -- "Secret" Tavern of Legends Hero

I maxed mine because I was swimming in Tabbards and didnā€™t have a good purple hero. Figured Iā€™d bring him up and try him with better stats. He sucks. He never leaves my benchā€¦never. Not even for a 6th flag in war against yellow tanks. Heā€™s that nicheā€¦you have to find JUST the right team to play him against and even then you have to pray he gets hit by the devastating ailments and survives long enough to cast them back.

He needs a cleanse (at least to self) to improve his viability. Sure, I can take him with Rigard (costumed) and that is decent, but man is he situational.

3 Likes

Maybe the great secret/mystery was always meant to beā€¦ a sense of disappointment?

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes, exactly that. Very poor design.

You summarized it as succinctly as possible.

2 Likes

That is not a design flaw, that is a player deciding how greedy to be.

If you donā€™t manage to spread the specials evenly with your tiles and have only one special to return - that is still one special being returned, at very fast. If you want to hold out and get 1, 2, 3 or 4 more rather than firing and working on more tiles - that is entirely on you, the player, rather than a flaw with the mechanics of the hero. It is one of the things that makes him FUN to play.

I recently ascended Master Lepus because I needed a stronger hitter in my blue/Grimble stack. He is good, he is effective - but he is hardly strategic or fun to play. Point and shoot and thats the end of the story.

Myztero is most definitely strategic (aiming tiles, gambling, holding the special, his placement in the team, the heroes to team him up with - yes they are all strategic decisions), super fun to play compared to most other heroes, and effective in his niche. As I get that niche kill once in almost every war at top 50 alliance level - I am very happy to take that niche and say that he has more than returned his investment.

If you saw a few potential purples early on you would have fired him and recharged him. Just one ghost lane will do that. I do this all the time. If there were almost no purple tiles and all of a sudden you have purples galore - well that is the least of your worries when it comes to cascades. You have either charged everyone up and died, or you have plenty of tiles now to work with yourself. Waching tiles ā€œfly byā€ is again entirely the player decision

You ā€œblowā€ mats to keep every hero alive, at the ā€œcompetitiveā€ level that you have mentioned before. Even the tankiest heroes - you end up making them even more tanky. Those taunters, those healers, suppor heroes - you arenā€™t ascending them for any reason other than to keep them alive while they do their thing, whatever that thing is. Snipers and damagers? They get much better with ascension and emblems, and do a lot more damage. Would you ascend them if they didnā€™t get more suvivability? Super doubtful. I wouldnā€™t use my Master Lepus except at the very highest emblem nodes as he dies way too easily before that.

Yeah, you do.
But you know what? I would rather use Myztero thatn my Dr Moreau. More fun, and in that ā€œnicheā€ pocket he is much more of a game changer than the good Dr. I also have Malicna, who I love - but she has her role to play, as does Myztero. At the end of the day he is still more fun, and still more of a game changer for those teams.

We have had a ā€œchallengeā€ previously which completely disproved this. The only help he needs is a C Rigard or equivalent, which many would take on their team anyway. No other support required

1 Like

Because it wasnā€™t so much that he was frigle at 3/70, itā€™s that:

So in other words he wasnā€™t tested properly, but went with what others have said. Fair enough, plenty of people do that, that is a large part of the reason that the forum is there.

But for reference my +19 Myztero is at 818 defence and 1551 health, and can survive most things that come his way. He is often last man standing in his team if things do go wrong

Having a top 50 alliance player advocating ā€œfunā€ instead of ā€œefficiencyā€ for a super rare hero is at least ridiculous. I sincerely doubt that you play your 6 war flags trying to have ā€œfunā€ in your alliance.

Compare his 107% damage to other fast-very fast heroes. Heā€™s niche and mediocre. I personally wouldnā€™t waste mats and time to make him work once in a while against certain rosters.

And despite your proficiency in the game (which is formidable, given the rng nature of this game), if i were your alliance leader and saw you posting that " I would rather use Myztero thatn my Dr Moreau.", iā€™d kick you for principal reasons.

You just seem to argue for the sake of it, not to make sense.

1 Like

Youā€™ve always been the devilā€™s advocate for underdog heroes but even this feels like youā€™re trying too hard. Iā€™m pretty sure many people have said time and time again but the fact that you said holding skills is an advantage for him, youā€™re scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Holding skills and that sort of gambling is one of the worse decisions to be made especially in a tight neck and neck situation, It should always be used as a last resort. Such as holding a skill until C kadā€™s dodge wears off before you fire

Think about it, if you want him to hold his skills, why would his mana speed be very fast? He should be average speed instead since he can reflect back fresh duration ailments no matter what, there is no rush for him to reflect ailments whatsoever unlike lady loki. And because he is very fast, it punishes his AOE damage for no reason. If he was average, his AOE would be way more than 107%, probably be as high as G Kongā€™s. He can then fulfil the role of a mix AOE/ailment reflect hero
Even lowering his speed to fast, then increasing his skill damage to 190% like kadilen works wonders for him

4 Likes

Well no, I will stick by this. Having him as VF gives him flexibility to adapt to any raid situation. I often want him to be able to cast right away - especially in raids where 6 tiles are hard to come by and this happens quite a lot. But if I have to be swarmed with tiles initially? No problem, I can tierh hold him until I am ready and let other heroes can take the limelight until he is ready to decimate, or I can cast him straight away to reflect the tank special, and then case him again later against the flanks. I actually usually run him with Lady Loki so if Lady Loki is ready early I let her cast back the first special(s), and hold him for a few rounds until those have worn off, then I cast him. That gives me a continnual DOT/effect on the enemies which is a guaranteed win. Is he bothered that I held him for 3 rounds? Am I bothered? Not in the slightest. Strategy. Itā€™s a thing.

No thank you. I need him at VF, and up his damage if you want but donā€™t take away the thing that makes him best suited to take on fast and very fast DOT dealers

1 Like

Look at his account summary and [most replied to]. Then go look at mine. :joy:
Believe meā€¦Itā€™s a waste of time.
Plenty of folks who have benched 5* heroes have tried to reason.
This gaslighting was given advanced notice:

Thatā€™s the agenda. And it comes with lots of exaggerated words.

For clear information on Myztero,
You can watch any of his videos:

• The amount of rerolls are a testament to the strength of the niche.
  • The amount of wasted purple tiles, while Myztero sits there charged, is a testament to inefficiency and good reason to look at other dark heroes. Even slow ones!
  • The amount of varying influence from Myztero in the longer videos is a testament to his consistency and dependability.

My favorite videos are when you only see one match and notā€¦
the 15 other matches :yum:

In the game:
Myztero has no pictures and is described with one word:

secret

Even in the title of this threadā€¦

The secret hero is not worth the mats
Let alone emblemsā€¦

4 Likes

Why canā€™t I advocate ā€œfunā€? Is this not a game? Should fun not be the primary concern, for everyone? Top 50 or top 100000? Why is this ridiculous? And please quote me where I said he is not ā€œefficientā€

I play my 6 war flags trying to have ā€œfunā€. I also try to play every other aspect of the game having ā€œfunā€ - which is why I hate a lot of the PVE content because it is actually very far from ā€œfunā€. Can I drop the double quotes now? Bit tiring. At no point did I allude to fun being in any way mutually exclusive with being ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œeffectiveā€ or ā€œcompetitiveā€ though - where did you get that idea?

How would you have an ide aof my proficiency in the game?

Well firstly let me say I am glad you are not my alliance leader, you would frankly suck at the job. Why would a good alliance leader care which hero I use, as long as I am getting results? In the last 30 or so wars I can only recall one war where I benched Myztero - a cleanse war where he is somewhat crippled, much like many other good heroes. Where he wasnā€™t benched? I have won about 90% of my hits with him, which is the highest I think of any of my teams. Why would any alliance leader have an issue with good results?

I argue for causes I believe in. And everything I have said makes sense.

1 Like

I have shown plenty of videos which are 3 in a row. 6 in a row. 10 in a row. I use Myztero in a niche, and yes I reroll when I am using him - for fun, or to show him in action. ā€œRerollā€ is not a dirty word to most of us, unlike for you. Where he finds his niche, he is both fun and effective. Again you insinuate that I am lying or hiding something, which again is insulting and tedious, but it is the level of argument that I expect from you now. Carry on.

Kind of tired of arguing this point, but in many battles you need him to be able to cast as soon as he gets his first 6 tiles. In others you will get optimal results by holding him for a few more specials. A slow hero wouldnā€™t have that flexibility. And a Myztero that you hold to cast 5 specials back - well that is a stronger special than any slow hero can pull out.

Yeah, I sad that. Because based on lady Loki I saw his potential and couldnā€™t believe he was being trashed so much. And I have seen that - in my opinion - he is better overall than Lady Loki. So whilst I will never convince any of those people who think he is rubbish, yes I have proven to myself that those perceptions of him are wrong, at least with my roster and my playstyle.

None of what I say now is an effort to prove anyone wrong. About 10% of this forum has the ability to change their opinion, and I donā€™t want to try to reach the other 90%. Iā€™d just like to provide an alternate view for anyone who pulls him and feels disheartened based on the negativity

1 Like

Yep.
And they showcase all Myzteroā€™s flaws very well.

Uh huhā€¦ except you donā€™t address them. You argue with those who are disappointed and playing in a different galaxy than you. With a different roster.

So uhā€¦

Nahā€¦

2 Likes

You mean winning stylishly whilst being hugely enjoyable? Sure. Guilty as charged.

I have come on here before talking about Myzteroā€™s positives, and showing videos of him in action. At which point queue hoardes of Myztero haters to poo-poo it all. So I have taken a step back for a whileā€¦ but the negativity continued with the one perspective, at which point I felt I had jump back into the argument to try to provide an alternate perspective.

I would love to just address those who are curious about him and have questions. Can you imagine what attention a topic like ā€œMyztero is awesome, here is whyā€¦ā€ would attract? Assuming it wasnā€™t shut down or merged. So how would you suggest I reach out to address those who have pulled him, in order to show the positives of using him? Without attracting the negativity? Iā€™m all eyes.

Given SGā€™s record, I highly doubt they will fix Myztero. They would rather spend the time and energy on coming up new heroes, which is more likely to entice players to spend money.

There have been many buffs in previous updates. Even in the last oneā€¦! Which I was surprised to see, I was worried that balancing updates had been replaced by the costume chamber.

There is still hope that common sense will prevail over gaslighting and exaggeration.

Myztero doesnā€™t need a huge adjustment to deliver secret joy over resounding disappointment

5 Likes

Agreed. I guess I was just being too pessimistic. Let us be hopeful that SG will eventually come around and fix all the outdated heroes.

2 Likes

Of course you can advocate ā€œfunā€. In a ā€œfunā€ thread. Not in a thread where everyone says Myztero sucks. When the subject ā€œinefficiencyā€ (doesnā€™t matter if theyā€™re wrong or right), you argument ā€œheā€™s funā€ just falls flat and is redirecting the conversation.

Iā€™m sure youā€™re getting fun from your war flag playing. The thing is, youā€™re not choosing your teams based on ā€œfunā€, but on efficiency towards a certain adversary. But still, you seem to say the contrary here. Also, in a game where RNG is proficient, ā€œfunā€ (as in using Myztero) and efficiency is kinda not compatible. Imagine not getting enough dark tiles to trigger debuffs to Myz and secure his survival. It can be a fun war flag, but not an efficent one if you lose.

Well, youā€™re in a top 50 Alliance and posting videos all day long (mostly about niche heroes, but i digress). Are you actually implying with the question above youā€™re a lucky fraud and you donā€™t belong there?

Iā€™d love to see some videos of your WAR Flags with Myztero being fun and efficient. Claiming it CAN happen or that IT happens doesnā€™t mean it does or youā€™re actually using him. Or, donā€™t tell me you donā€™t record your war flags, just videos of niche heroes where they can be helpful (or not)?
Of course no leader would have problems with good results. I just doubt your claim your results include Myztero and theyā€™re actually fun (if they do)

Well, flat-earthers or anti-vacciners argue for causes they believe and make sense . To them.

4 Likes

Has anyone able to summon in the ToL portal using single pulls but was able to get Myztero and the HOTM with that single pull?

Sorry, TLDR.

I havenā€™t seen war flags either. But only 1 flag would be relevant to this thread.

There are plenty of videos to watch
in here tho:

And the longer ones do a great job of showcasing Myzteroā€™s niche by rerolling more than actually fighting.
Thatā€™s quite the niche!

And despite the many rerolls to find enemies that Myztero will excel against, there are still matches where he diesā€¦

Thereā€™s also plenty of wasted tiles to watch. Too many to countā€¦

A minor buff for consistency and less dependency on allies, and possibly narrowing the niche would not break the game for a hero that is never featured.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not so much the logical fallacies or biased curation of videos; I think everyone can be guilty of that to some extant.

But this forum is just spammed by one opinion trying to prove so hard how clever he is and everyone isnā€™t (while digging himself in showing the opposite). itā€™s really kinda annoying to some of the players.

We got the pro Myztero points several hundred posts ago above, itā€™s just maybe itā€™s time for one player to let it go so we can let the conversation really move on and evolve., without all this spamming. Nobody else is getting convinced by all those logical fallacies.

6 Likes