đŸ» Myztero – 5* Purple/Dark -- "Secret" Tavern of Legends Hero

Different heroes need different setups to be optimal.

Myztero without a cleanser - can be impactful, can even win the fight for you. But without the cleanse is not optimal.

Skadi, who is absolutely amazing and an absolute game-changer - can have some impact on Bera and Freya tanks, but is far, far from optimal. Pair her with a defense down, particularly a blue defence down, and she is absolutely optimal again.

Noor vs Bera can be impactful but the odds are stacked against her winning that matchup. But pair her with a cleanser - and she will win every time.

Wilbur’s special is pretty game changing - considered one of the best in the game. He can get a team of 4s to beat a highly emblemed team of 5s. But guess what - his special won’t work alone. You need an A up, an elemental D down, and 1 or 2 AOEs
 without having all of those pieces you are unlikely to get the opposing team to go up in a great ball of fire
 and if that doesn’t happen you give them every chance to heal or beat you down.

Heim is considered one of the best heroes and tanks
 but without a team of strong hitters around him he is nothing

This whole game is about finding the right fit for each hero in terms of allies and opponents. Some have a wider utility than others, but some with narrower utility are more powerful than some of the more versatile heroes

3 Likes

So flipping through top 100 today and saw multiple, emblemed Myztero on defense teams. Is he finally getting some play? All were on wings.

Not sure if this was said in jest or not, but I haven’t seen any top 100s with Myztero’s in defense.

That said, I am really enjoying my Myztero team. Lady Loki, Myztero and C Rigard have a great synergy. Zocc and Noor do a great job of protecting. When Myztero is able to recreate x1 or x3 specials against everyone (like the Joon and C Azlar in this video, or Onatel or Jabber) it is a thing of beauty and is usually enough to win the match, even if he has to do it kamikaze style (which he won’t have to do that often once I get him from +6 to +18/19/20)

He also won his first war match and now anchors my second close-to-rainbow war team. Grimble is number 3
 then 3 more to go before reliance on tiles is greatly minimised

2 Likes

Yes. We agree and say the same thing,
but with different words

I only add that some rely more heavily than others.

Don’t stop there. If the enemy has immunity up you can keep waiting and wasting tiles. Or
 take a dispeller too.

The enemies are also +20. With lvl 30 attack troops. For me that is. So bring Noor also. Or some other form of protection. Probably faster so that quick enemy snipers like Joon don’t wipe him early on.

Nice video though. When he got hit by both ailments early on I admittedly cringed knowing how the other matches go.

• If cleanse is added. That won’t break the hero. It will alleviate some of his dependency issues. And make him more enjoyable for the masses who haven’t developed rosters designed for the long game.
1 Like

They already are. So they will stay constant while myz gets tougher

A few more videos. I try for the harder (still 2+ ailment giving heroes) teams as much as I can. The last one in the first video and also the last video really showcase myz ability although overall it’s really a lesson in finding heroes that synergise and complement each other. Second video became a noor showcase

1 Like

I agree.

But remember, we all have to search within the confines of our roster.

For the rest of us:
In the first video, we get to see what happens when the RnG doesn’t target a lightly emblemed Myztero:
75 points of damage.
Minion damage!

The Atlantis Portal also has featured Hotm. In May of last year there was a 0.325% chance to get Gravemaker.
And 0% for Myztero.
He never goes above 0.1%

Meanwhile GM will be back. In multiple portals.

I have to admit that arguing Myztero is a secret and rare hero is a bit like arguing that Thor should be nuking enemies with lightning because he’s an Avenger :joy:

But within the game, you can’t find images or any reference at all. You have to search outside the game.

I’m not asking to make him OP.
But by now, you should have experienced his cattywampus nature.

That gives way to considering other dark heroes in your lineup.
Maybe not for you! But, can you see how alternatives make sense to someone who isn’t positioned to build so much around 1 dark hero? When they have say
 Hel. Or Seshat. Ursena
 etc

2 Likes

Of course we do. Did I look to make the strongest possible team using my roster? Not at all. In fact I was kind of trying to prove otherwise - making a team of heroes that have been labelled underwhelming, worst HOTM, worst purple, etc. I could have gone with Grimble or Skadi for my minion solution instead of Noor. Instead of Zocc I could have taken Mist or Proteus or forego the mana control completely and go with a strong hero such as Frigg or Gefjon. C Rig I take in almost any raid that I can, heal + cleanse is too important for me to leave out.

Now Lady Loki is good, no denying that. But alone, outside of a heavy red stack, she lacks somewhat. And I am completely trying to move away from the dependency on a heavy stack. Here Myz and Lady Loki completley complement each other as there is an option in 2 colors. This is what I wanted to base my team on - redistributing ailments and survival. Obviously not everyone will have Lady Loki but then they won’t be creating a team specifically around re-distributing ailments - they can have a heavy hitter in place of Lady Loki and that will make it a multi-purpose team. I went in this direction because I thought it would be fun and interesting and that it woruld work. So I think as long as you have a cleanser on your team, and the other 3 slots are taken up intelligently (regardless of roster), Myz can work well.

Yes, sure. I agree. I have had a raid where 2 hit-3s fired at the same time and one hit the left 2 and one hit the right 2, leaving Myz alone. But at other times hit 3-s hit him and he throws back 5, and other times he gets targetted by a hit 1 and throws back 5. This is a gamble with a completely fair risk vs reward tradeoff

As I said, I built a team around him and Lady Loki and it is a team very focused on ailment redistribution. I think Myz would work perfectly well as part of a team where the ailment redistribution is just one of the attacking tools

1 Like

He does need something else. I’ve found a lot of success with him but I have a pretty good line up with Garnett. If I’m going against a heavy status team and Garnett off, Mystero is very nice and can put a nail in the coffin

@Petri what is SGG point of view about Myztero needing a buff or not ?

—
Note: curious to see a response to this LOL

2 Likes

I just fought a myztero on defence with lord Loki and I was just thinking, his skill can’t be this broken that Loki also casts the memorized ailments because Loki doesn’t have that innate and can’t memorize anything, so I just experimented. My joon fired on myz and I followed it up with Loki, and everyone on defence got blinded except for onatel who already resists blind.
Imagine throwing a mindless attack from zocc, then have Loki copy myz’s skill later. The entire defence would get the mindless attack and self-destruct within. He’s any defence’s liability if you have Loki, granted if he doesn’t fire the skill

2 Likes

I’m also seeing this. And know a couple who have already tried and failed, months ago. His dependency issues are not well suited for defense. It’s too easy to avoid giving him an ailment and, even easier
 to trigger his skill with tiles so that he does minion damage.

I predict this experiment will be short lived. So have fun fighting him while you can.

3 Likes

Definitely not a good defensive hero.

But fun to face him on defence, with your own Myztero on offence. You can deliberately get him to memorise a status ailment from one of your heroes (say Proteus with a mana stop and poision), then once he fires it back at you (a few turns later) you can in turn memorise it and fire it back a second time but through Myztero. An intersting mechanism to clone your own teammates’ ability.

2 Likes

Lord Loki looks better than Myztero :hugs:

1 Like

I aimed a mindless attack using lord Loki when he copied alfrike. Then my Loki copied myztero and casted mindless attack on everyone. Fun to play but very easy to backfire if the enemy myztero gets to fire

This is just another friendly reminder for small giant games to fix Myztero. Now that I have drawn a second one, I have two worthless pieces of meat in my inventory

1 Like

What about Myztero plus Prof. Lidenbrock? That seems to be good combo to me (on offense). Lidenbrock heals and her heal resets if hit by some statuses while Myztero memorizes them so he won’t die so easily. Of course on defense this breaks apart easily but on offense it could be nice strategy.

Now getting both will require to pray to RNGods and sacrifice 20 frozen chickens to them.

I have to be honest, I’d rather have the chicken.

1 Like

That really is a waste for you to have gotten 2 when you can’t appreciate the strategic worth of them
 2 myzteros would make a virtually unkillable team vs the right opponent (which I still see in every war despite the prevalence of freya amd bera tanks at the top alliance levels). The biggest complaint is that hit 3s have a 40% chance of missing and with 2 myzteros that will never happen

IKR?
20 frozen characters

1 Like

I have used Myztero hundreds of times trying to find his place. He is responsible for the success of exactly zero victories in those hundreds of attempts. In all of the victories, the fight was won without him making a dent.
Such a rare gem as Myztero should be completely be a game changer for those who are lucky enough to to draw him once, let alone twice. I will be feeding him to Moreau

2 Likes