Mythic titan doesn't count towards POV quest

This morning there is a daily POV quest to elemental team up on a titan attack. I hit the mythic titan, which in it’s name is a titan, 3 times with 4 blue heroes and it did not complete the POV quest.

3 Likes

Nope, it does not, unfortunately.

EDIT: though I wonder if it would count towards completing a quest?

Probably not… since it can never actually be “completed”…

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

It probably wasn’t meant to count towards PoV, unless they make a specific PoV for Mythic Titans… but they really should change the PoV wording just for clarification.

1 Like

Agree either it needs to count towards the quest to complete or wording should change. Right now I consider this a bug/error because I have attacked a titan. Later I can hit a normal titan when it spawns so I can complete the quest, but it should be completed right now.

2 Likes

Yep. This isn’t the first time they’ve had issues with wording. Like when they first introduced the PoV requirement to “use 3 healing potions”. People used 3 minor healing potions, people used 3 potent healing potions, etc., and didn’t get credit. Because the description was too vague, it didn’t specify that only so-called ‘regular’ healing potions counted.

They should have foreseen this issue and mentioned that only “normal” alliance titans count towards PoV.

3 Likes

That’s a negative. I tried yesterday when we had a POV for “complete 3 quest levels” and did MT first to see if that worked; it did not.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t figure it would, since it’s a “quest” that can’t actually be “completed”. But they really need to be more specific with their descriptions on stuff like that.

1 Like

It’s under the Quests tab, so it should count as a Quest :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is in the quest tab, yes, but PoV only counts completed quests.

I’m not sure how one would “complete” a Mythic Titan, since they have infinite HP.

1 Like

When the POV challenge says to attack a titan with 3 heroes of the same element, and you do that, it should be completed.

3 Likes

100% my point as to why this is a bug

1 Like

I agree!

The thing is, when SG coded “hit a titan” into their algorthingies, they only included alliance titans as being “titans”.

Then they went and made this new Mythic Titan thingy and did not code it as being either an actual quest, or an actual titan, or even probably an actual anything. I’m fairly certain that hitting it also does not count towards monster chest, hero chest, elemental chest, or any other chest.

Mythic Titan is basically just an anomaly that doesn’t count as being anything for in-game purposes. It’s only there for an additional diversion and an extra possible source of loot.

If I were to hazard a guess… I’d say they only created it to appease people who were complaining about all the other new content being non-newbie friendly and blatantly PTW with really bad rewards… Mythic Titan is something that everyone can enjoy just for the heck of it

Yeah but a titan is a titan a mythical titan is a mythical titan.
If it says hit a mythical titan with 3 same element hero’s then you do soo.
It says hit a titan with 3 element hero’s then you hit a titan.

I get e&p wording isn’t always great but this is pretty simple to understand. The key word is “mythical” :wink:

1 Like

So do rare titans not count towards that either? :crazy_face:

Sorry, just playing devil’s advocate

4 Likes

It’s still a titan though, it’s still on the s1 map nothing changes apart it’s a rare really not much too it. If the pov said hit a rare titan with 3 elements of same hero’s there be uproar haha.

1 Like

Point is that SG hasn’t “coded” it as being a titan, at least not for PoV purposes.

That’s their bad, not mine.

Apologies, I’m going to have to step out now, because I’ve made the mistake of making myself a target for some high powered alliance by saying that I was not looking to become a target of some high powered alliance…

2 Likes

So your argument is that a mythical titan is not a titan despite the concept of it is a titan and it is called a titan? Called it something else if it isn’t a Titan… Mythical beast? Mythical money grab?

1 Like

The “Hit a Titan” PoV quest has always meant the titan that was available on the map. Now Mythic Titans are introduced. SG likely never considered (although they really should have, given the inventiveness of the player base) that players would think Mythic Titans counted too.

2 Likes

My “argument” was that SG did not write it into their code as counting as a titan. Do I think it should count as a titan? Of course. Does SG think it should count as a titan? You’d have to ask them. I don’t think the thought ever crossed their minds. And I doubt it ever will.

Same here.
IMO It should count for completing that POV challenge and right now it doesn’t.

You should have killed it. :wink:
Escaped titans never count. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Cookie Settings