Mystic Vision - very disappointed in SG

I, for one, am extremely disappointed in Smal Giant for the change to Mystic Vision with the last update. (No, beyond disappointed. I’m PISSED.) You might think it’s s smal thing and ridiculous to get upset about, but hear me out.

I’ve been playing this game since August 2018 and up until a few weeks ago I have been a constant fan. Spending money every month, telling all my friends, loving the game all around. Frustrated from time to time of course – that’s the nature of games – but never in a way to make me feel like the game was “rigged” against the players or like the devs didn’t care about players. Until recently.

Also, I certainly don’t begrudge a game creator the money they have earned for the game they made, which their customers have been willing to pay for a quality game. I also think it’s even better when a game or product is not “purchase up front” but rather gives consumers the opportunity to voluntarily support creators they appreciate for products they particularly like. This is the first game I’ve ever found worth supporting financially, and have been happy to do so Again, until recently.

This is far from the only incident that has more recently made me begin to feel differently about Small Giant. But it is one that may be illustrative of a larger pattern.

I’ve been thinking for ages that it would be great if we could earn more gems by having the option to watch more ads. Many people don’t like ads and would opt out. Many people have more money and would pay to skip ads. But an increased ad option would be a great way for people with more time than money to earn a few more gems. I’d be happy to click on several ads each day for a few gems each time. I’m sure I’d even find some new games to try that way, too. That’s how I found E&P, after all – an ad from another game.

So I was initially happy when I saw that we could now see twice as many ads. Until, that is, I read that each ad now gives only half as much as before, so that the daily total is unchanged.

WHY would they do this to us?? This is no benefit to the players in any way at all. It causes us to have to spend twice as much time each day for the same reward. Bear in mind that these are minuscule in-game rewards that cost Small Giant nothing to begin with. Withholding additional ad rewards is really not going to cause players to spend any more money on the game. There’s no reason they would need to cut those rewards or limit them.

Small Giant simply made the completely selfish decision to DOUBLE THEIR OWN AD REVENUE AT THEIR PLAYERS’ EXPENSE (in time) AND TO SHARE ZERO OF THAT REVENUE WITH THE PLAYERS WHO ARE GENERATING IT FOR THEM.

And it was done in such a way that most players probably haven’t even realized what was done. Most have probably not read the fine print and have assumed that since they’re watching twice as many ads, they’re getting twice as many rewards now.

They’re USING us. Nothing could make it more clear. Money is all they care about.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mystic Vision – Discussion of Change to 8 Hours, Adjustment of Loot, and Addition of Emblems [Staff Response in Post #66]