Mystic Vision – Discussion of Change to 8 Hours, Adjustment of Loot, and Addition of Emblems [Staff Response in Post #66]

Give with one hand - mystic visions every 8 hours. Take with other - only getting half the loot. In other words we want more money from ads. Pure greed, there was a real chance to give a little back to the players.

9 Likes

But they have now added emblems to it, so that is cool.

6 Likes

Can’t deny that but just feel they missed a trick. A extra little reward would’ve enhanced the game and they would still be getting their extra ad cash.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the “reduced loot 8 hour cycle” and got mystic rings yesterday.

9 Likes

Nice pick up! Congrats.
I’m sure it probably won’t any different, just a little disappointed.

I love it. More frequent visions = more frequent chances to roll the dice and potentially get good free loot. Personally, I think it’s a very good incentive considering most people hate ads. It’s a win win

1 Like

I will tell it again guys! I don’t understand why the loot is so poor… they make publicity on our devices and it seems normal to me that the rewards be more consistent…

1 Like

Why? Visions are completely voluntary. With everything else in this game being a virtual slot machine with variable chances for things, why should visions be different? It’s a completely effortless thing that incentivizes us as consumers to watch ads we’d otherwise do our best to avoid. I see no problem here

4 Likes

And it’s totally voluntary to watch or not. As a previous free to play player I was requesting more ads as opposed to needing to spend actual dollars.

I’ve played a lot of games where the ads aren’t voluntary and are annoying as heck. I think SG got the balance right on this one!

5 Likes

Got half a gem and half a turtle banner, yay!

10 Likes

They had to adjust the reward levels. Just imagine the outcry if some players started getting TWO turtle banners and SIX gems, all in one day.

21 Likes

But are we though? I read it differently as in the same amount/chance of loot over the two visions. — * Cooldown to use Mystic Vision reduced from 16 hours to 8 hours. The amount of rewards is adjusted so that the daily amount of items from Mystic Vision is the same as before.

2 Likes

I can see exactly what your saying but we are having to watch double the amount for the same amount of loot we were getting. If we were getting extra that would be awesome.

6 Likes

The problem I have is that we are having to watch 2 videos to gain the same amount of loot we were getting previously watching one.

5 Likes

You’re using math stuff now and it’s making my brain hurt but … If we get rewards twice in 16 hours as opposed to once as was previously done, isn’t that better?

2 x 1/2 = 1 x 1

According to them.

2 Likes

Ah you would think so bit look how they worded it – * Cooldown to use Mystic Vision reduced from 16 hours to 8 hours. The amount of rewards is adjusted so that the daily amount of items from Mystic Vision is the same as before.—
We are not gaining anything just watching more ads.

5 Likes

No because they have adjusted the loot so we are getting the same watching 2 ads and we previously got watching the 1. Your also mote likely to miss 1 so reducing it even further.

6 Likes

2 (ads) x (times) 1/2 (half loot) = (equal) 1 (ad) x 1 (loot).

That’s what I meant. The loot will be the same.

1 Like

I suppose if they capped the amount of ascension items you receive then yeah it doesn’t make much difference. I was excited because it seemed to be an extra opportunity each day at potential ascension item at the cost of watching a second completely free and voluntary 30 second ad