MysterySpin

Jonah closes it

You didnt miss anything lol

Mysterspin response was goin to be the gold nugget of the thread but…now we’ll never get that nugget

1 Like

Agreed

The op didnt have my interest

The responses would have been entertaining though

You’re not going to have that nugget now, but somehow I feel someone will open another mine one of this days :wink:

3 Likes

There’s nothing quite like my walls of text to make someone regret posting something…

5 Likes

I will just add that the example that will forever haunt me about nothing in beta leaves beta is regarding the best Combo stat you have in your profile. Since about my first month of playing it has been 19 as my best Combo…

Then in the second beta iteration I was ever in I then lucked into a 26 Combo, first time in years I came to improve the stat but alas what happens in beta stays in beta and whilst the combo had nothing to do with new heroes or a feature my profile remains best Combo 19… To which I curse not being in the right version at the right time.

6 Likes

This thread seems to have run its course, and people have been using Alby on threads a lot lately, so I’m going to close it, so it doesn’t get some random comment 18 months from now. :rofl:

1 Like

@MysterySpin, I believe I cut you off in your prime again, apologies.

You seem to have a knack for arriving at the party after the other guests have already fallen out :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Ah it’s gonna happen given how long it takes me to write anything…

Have just been thinking I had a thread named after me and I failed to take the opportunity to launch my new series of “Lectures from a Lunatic”…

That sound people is the sound of an impending thread locking and filing deep in the bowels of a lesser read part of the forum…

Edit: Ooh if it weren’t for my mountains of work in RL right now Lecture 1 would have been “Putting the Puzzles in Empires and Puzzles - Can using multiple iterations of the same puzzle being considered a plural” and would have wanged its way in here a few hours from now…

4 Likes

Actully you’ll have more readers than you think and probly wont have to deal with as many morons in your own thread

The ones that enjoy the lengthy detailed feedback will be here readin it

The morons that can’t make it further than 3 words in a sentence will spend their time elsewhere

1 Like

You can always go for a “< totallynotgoingtowrite20chars >” without spaces.

1 Like

Works best!

1 Like

Oh I somehow suspect I’d continue to attract a few of them ready to reply without reading. After all honey and manure both attract insects just as well despite one being much more preferable on one’s toast… Mmm Manure!!!

Whilst I must say I am quite tempted to launch into a series of egotistical waffles and fervent rants (however much my rants seem to be popular. My most liked post being the New Year’s Sneak Peak rant here: 💥 New Year 2020 Sneak Peek Discussion! - #8 by MysterySpin for which the link is totally not a brazen plug in pursuit of the Great Reply badge :wink: ) I wonder whether I could make something more productive out of it.

I can’t really do an AMA thread like some other users as given the lengths of my waffles if it proves popular I just wouldn’t be able to keep up but I wonder whether perhaps I could try something like each week people suggest or ask a bunch of questions of which based on the likes to those questions three or four are shortlisted for a vote (for examples sake let’s say like 1. How would you go about rating a hero? 2. What advice do you have for managing resources and spending in game? Or 3. What tickles your pickles?) And then whichever wins I attempt to blast out a proclamation…

That being said now that I think about it I wonder whether the Active Players Lounge could be re-purposed (or something similar created) so that certain “Active Players” each had a thread (forum software permitting that they could help moderate their own thread) so that other could ask questions or whatever. I mean I didn’t get into Active Players part of forum until much later into one of my Beta rants and I don’t think anyone has posted a thing in there at all the entire time I’ve been able to view it - will have to double check that).

1 Like

Had to do it. Was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me (though technically by adding the BOOM! at the end it no longer became necessary but thankfully everyone allowed me to get away with that)…

1 Like

Not in beta or apl so no clue lol

Though i do think you could do somethin similar in the public forum and prefer you do so

Could even use this thread for convenience for the voting process and then new thread for the poll winner

1 Like

Oh yeah regarding the re-purposing I did mean to open it up to public viewing. Currently if you can see any tumbleweed blowing past you’ve got more going on than in APL currently.

Yeah thinking that might be the best plan if it proves to be in demand. However much I like to joke about having an overinflated ego I’d want to ensure there was some popular demand for it especially with RL workloads first so if the comment for it gets what like 20 likes perhaps that should be an appropriate level of demand? If not I can just rock back and forth in a rocking chair muttering to myself until the next forum post comes along to spur a rant from me.

1 Like

What are you working on currently in the game?