My War Defense Blows. Lil help!?

After getting smoked quickly the last 2 wars, I’ve changed my lineup on my Defense team. The top row is my new setup, the heroes below are my decently leveled possible replacements. Any tips on substitutions or lineup order changes would be greatly appreciated!
war%20team

1 Like

Go out and spend a whole bunch of money and hope to God your summons don’t suck. Hope that helps.

1 Like

You don’t necessarily have to have a rainbow defense. Wu is bad being played by AI.

Get Kashrek maxed, insert Tibs and remove Wu.
Seems quickest way to improve your defense.

2 Likes

Tibs for Wu? Alright, I’ll start leveling him up, thanks!
Same order as before, so Tibs would go on the far right?

1 Like

I’d do magni, rigard, Kash, tibs (assume u lvl him) , Zim. Fast mana on outside, rigard probably higher defense than magni.

Swap tibs and Zim if it’ll take a while to lvl tibs to higher defense than Zim.

1 Like

Get rigard in the flank and zim outside. Fast hitters outside, slower/healer types flank.

Also I’d rather Grimm than Tib since they are going to stack red to get through Kashrek.

2 Likes

Good point. I’ll level both and try them out. Appreciate it!

1 Like

@CawLeary, good point and reasoning for grimm. I usually don’t stack red vs kashrek myself, partly don’t have the heroes.

Suggested tibs over grimm as he’s got more defense but I think adding either for the defense down is best way to go.

If you have a sec, please review my red tank war defense help post, thanks.

1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat it. You got unmaxed 4*. You’re going to get smoked regardless of what you do tbh. That said, the above suggestions are solid. I’d just suggest magni if you use him as flank (along with rigard) so his defense covers kashrek and kashrek can heal magni.

3 Likes

Just as an additional point. I like to keep heroes like rigard to the left of the hitters to clear blindness, and other attack debuffs prior to the hitters going. I’m more in the “a good defense is build on a a strong offense” kind of guy.

1 Like

So Grimm, Rigard, Kashhrek, Magni, Zimkitha?
I read somewhere that average Grimm was supposed to be flank and fast Magni on the edge. So this is all good info…

1 Like

I’m in your shoes with good but unleveled heroes. You have some good heroes, we just need time to level them before we don’t “ just get smoked” every time. I guess we gotta take our lumps and keep working to become stronger

2 Likes

That looks best to me.

I put Grimm at flank and that’s usually a good spot but there isn’t room so he has to be in the corner for you. Snipers are usually fine in corners but with magni, you would be wasting a part of his special. That’s not a big deal but if you don’t need to make that sacrifice then leave him at flank.

2 Likes

Plot twist…I pulled Gwen…Only 2/43 right now, but eventually.
Rigard/Magni/Gwen/Kashhrek/Zimkitha? Thoughts?

2 Likes