My Farewell to the E&P Family

I had to repost because the OP included language about a gifting my account, which isn’t allowed. I wanted to be able to say bye to everyone before I leave the forum.

It’s a new year, and it’s time I spoke my truth now that I’m in a new space…I never admitted this to myself or anyone, but I went into some debt over this game because it became a coping mechanism while I was silently battling depression. No one in my family knew that I was actually plummeting money into this game to no end, they just kept unknowingly financing my habit like a gambler who has a problem. After spending multiple thousands of dollars and realizing that I was suffering depression as well as addicted to this game, I went to therapy to get my mental health back in order and I told myself that I would not spend another penny in here this year. I’m finally okay with not spending, but now I’m at the point that I just don’t even want to play anymore. I do somewhat have an emotional attachment to what I’ve built so I don’t think I can actually physically feed my heroes away, but I’m mentally there. This game has really become no fun, and as an former avid spender who takes full accountability for my indulgence, I still see how the devs have ran the well dry and pushed everyone away. The fact that people were forced to deal with nerfs for heroes they invested in, only to even pose the idea of creating costumes for some of the most OP heroes in the game was my tipping point, esp when costumes were solely created to help save S1 heroes from becoming obsolete due to the insane meta power creep. So you nerf good heroes due to “synergy imbalances” only to make already OP heroes completely broken…I know they’ve since been cancelled, but the fact that it even became a possibility shows the direction this game is surely headed in, which is inevitably not a good place. Yes, I know many of you saw this coming long before the costume moment, it was just my personal tipping point that makes me say enough is enough. I enjoyed the connections I’ve made on this forum, among the alliances I’ve participated and in Beta. Wishing you all the best for 2021.

122 Likes

Not sure I ever interacted with you on the forum, but it sounds like you’ve made a very difficult but necessary decision for you. I’m sorry you don’t feel you can continue to enjoy the game as F2P, which is how I have enjoyed playing for over 2 years, but you’re in a better position to judge that than anyone. The recent costume debacle has given every player on the forum pause, I suspect, myself included. I wish you the best as you continue recovering emotionally and financially. Takes guts to do what you’re doing here. My hat’s off to you.

22 Likes

Take care of yourself. All the best.

10 Likes

I wish you all the best in your future - you are much more worthwhile than a “free” match 3 mobile game.

15 Likes

As a forum member you will be missed. As a human I think you’re making a very sound decision. Much love to you and wherever this wild wonderful world will take you.

18 Likes

I applaud your courage to seek the help you needed and accept the changes to better your life .

Be safe
Be well

17 Likes

Glad to hear that you are in a better mental state; thats the most important thing. I think I can totally relate to using this game as a coping mechanism, especially with the COVID pandemic going on. Although I haven’t poured that much money into the game, I definitely poured a lot of my time into the game. All the best going forward and hope to still see you back sometime in the future if this game ever goes in a better direction.

13 Likes

wishing you all the best, I’ve enjoyed interacting with you here on the forum - but I’m happy you’ve made a decision that’s best for you.

6 Likes

Fare thee well @LadyAchilles, I wish you safe travels and nothing but happiness and love as you move forward.

4 Likes

Best of Luck with everything @LadyAchilles! :sparkles:

It was a pleasure to be your teammate and I’ll always remember your awesome attitude (and I’ll never forget those funny forum stories! :rofl:)…

I truly hope for only good things and happiness in your life!! :sunny:

Kerrang :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Wow, I applaud you for your strength, self-awareness and taking control of your life (and gaming-habits). It’s truly no small feat. This post may be a bit bitter-sweet - as it’s always hard losing a valued member - but the power [in your honest words] emits a message of hope. & That is truly remarkable (especially as, nowadays, it’s increasingly more difficult to find - especially here :sweat_smile:)

I’m no stranger to depression (nor addiction), so in my own way, I can understand how difficult this must have been - arriving at both this decision, and sharing it with us, as well. I hope to one day find the strength, as you have, to say “no more” when I’ve finally had enough. It isn’t always as [seemingly] simple, especially when RL is its own battle too, and addiction takes the wheel… But at least the game itself is making it easier [on all of us], so silver lining maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Either way, it still takes quite a bit of will-power - especially when you’re in deep - so I truly admire [that] :relaxed: & I do have to commend you for sharing a piece of your truth with all of us; I found it incredibly relatable and inspiring.

Thank you for sharing, and for all that you’ve given to both this forum, and E&P. I wish you all of the best [in your future endeavors]. May you continue on, finding peace in this positive decision [of yours], and in the plaguing battle that is depression [as you move forward]. I wish you all of the luck, and happiness, [that you can find] in this world :heart:

All the best :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

It takes guts to admit addiction … I have just started playing and can feel the urge to spend. Reading your story has now helped me … it’s just a game, nothing more.
If it starts to take control - it’s time to leave.

Good luck, stay positive and stay in control, don’t give control of your like to others … particularly a game.

:wink::+1::grin:

8 Likes

A brave and heartfelt post @LadyAchilles. That you recognised the game as part of your personal problems, then cutting it loose can only be of benefit to you going forward.

I wish you well in any and all of your future endeavours. Take care of yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that and see you go. But happy your in a better place :blush:.
All the best on what ever you decide to do stay happy :+1::beer::hotdog:

6 Likes

@LadyAchilles

Sad to see you go. But very very happy you are able to overcome the hurdles in your life. Have a blessed days ahead of you.

P.S. Was trying to add you to the Farewells thread, but someone beat me to it.

7 Likes

@LadyAchilles You take care lady mac! Applaud your courage, candor and taking action.

5 Likes

Whoa. This was the most timely read for me ever! I just formulated my own thought about saving my E&P money for a :rowing_man:.
Thanks @LadyAchilles for your bravery to be honest. It hit me hard.
I have a strong inkling, that without a phone screen tearing-up receptors behind your eyeballs for increased demand and time and tasks and money!
That your on the path to recovery for your illness, and a much better life!
I truly hope you get better
and wish you well!

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

I hope SGG reads this… because you are not alone on this,

This should go down as one of the most meaningful and hopefully (if SGG had a sense of ethics) one of the more impactful posts.

I hope the community and people you met have more impact on you… than the design and mechanics of this game resulting from SGG’s pursuit of profits.

12 Likes

Note: it MAY not be cancelled according to their last post. Sigh

This has been chipping away at me also… this game is dumping great heroes and features… but in the end the grind and balance issues are wearing me out also.

2 Likes

Good luck in all aspects Lady A.
Hopefully you will find peace.

8 Likes

Cookie Settings