My Confession, my Revelation

Ok, it took me a lot of effort to post here. How should I start? Of course, at the beginning. Alright.
It started with promoting a game. Shiny heroes, bright colors, simple game principle. I saw it over and over again and eventually I couldn’t resist anymore. I downloaded it and started playing with joy. At first it was very easy but then I needed help.
Well, that’s actually how it started. Where should I get help? In my search I came across a forum. I was a bit skeptical at first. Why should strangers help me, and in a foreign language at that? But my concerns were quickly dispelled. I was received very friendly. That should have warned me…
I was helped where I needed it and I got to know some nice members. But over time I was offered ‘other’ things.
It started with simple associations. Read a word, write another.
Then I was asked to count. Because of my fondness for mathematics, I quickly fell in love with it.
Other seemingly harmless events followed, in which my creativity was supposedly required, such as rewriting song lyrics or continuing fictional stories.
Members with harmless-seeming names that contained words like ‘play’ and ‘fun’ and ‘sleep’ were particularly active here. I realized too late that these names were not real.
I was also invited to various celebrations where there was food and drink. Here, too, it didn’t strike me as strange at first that ludicrous reasons for these celebrations were put forward. They called it ‘cake day’ or ‘forumversary’. And they accepted me into an ominous candy club. One member offered beer in addition to popcorn! My preferences were probably scouted out beforehand.
I was now at a point of no return. But I didn’t recognize it.
There are even people called ‘mods’ who claim to keep things in order. But they are the worst! They give you awards in the form of animals or other things and titles that make you feel like you’re something special.
It wasn’t until I encountered ducks that I realized something was wrong. They even took me to bunnies now!
It’s too late for me. there is no turning back.
But I’m writing this to warn others who still have a chance! It’s a cult! Take care of yourselves. Please…

21 Likes

The game is an addiction. And not by accident.

3 Likes

Yes… I feel your pains. Then there is the music and word associations. Not to mention franchises of like minded devils. A dark cloud of sarcasm hangs over me… @Pike im scared… Hold me :biting_lip: :smiling_imp: :popcorn: :beers:

4 Likes

And now this game given you a title too @Pike

2 Likes

I find it fitting that in a card collecting game the forum has something for me to collect also :joy:

3 Likes

Awww man… I need more. I only got 2 :crying_cat_face: oh great emoji gods hear my call and give this evil wench some more. :rofl: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

It’s not the game. It’s the forum! :scream: The game is just the decoy for the evil forum! If you don’t see that, you’re lost!

2 Likes

There it is again, the temptation! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yes, exactly, the developers are part of this malicious strategy and they take it to extremes! :confounded:

1 Like

Sorry my friend, it’s already too late for you too… :anguished:

2 Likes

Yes, I am already lost too. I need it! Give me more emojis! Right away!!!
But the perfidious thing about emojis is you can’t choose them. They give them according to their will. It’s like portals, you want Penolite, you get Dawa. I know a panda who got a salad bowl, can you imagine!? And so they drive you deeper and deeper…

2 Likes

Another parallel to the game and another building block of their mean forum strategy are likes! Like WE, you sometimes run out of them, but this is where it gets worse. You can’t buy them! To get more likes you have to climb up the sect hierarchy! So you get deeper and deeper into the swirl. Sometimes they also make you a beta and pretend you can change something…
I’m afraid if I continue like this they will offer me a mod position to muzzle me. But I promise I’ll stand my ground! Although killing someone for not using the search function sounds tempting… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

When you get a warning on here you can flag the warning message, which generates a subsequent warning.

2 Likes

Gasp! You know the truth, that some of us are part of the conditioning behind the scenes

You must be silenced…

2 Likes

To be honest, you still do :joy:

3 Likes

I know the consequences of telling the truth. I await my enforcers. Let it be cuddly bunnies…

2 Likes

Indeed, my dear! :smirk:

@PlayForFun and @sleepyhead are cult leaders? I knew it! These people are too nice to be true.

2 Likes

Has your worldview been shattered?

3 Likes

Not really, but it’s mostly because there’s not much left to be shattered. Otherwise I’d be devastated. :joy:

1 Like